We all know what happened to Varian in the first season of Tangled: The Series. He became the villain, was defeated by Rapunzel, and thrown into prison for a whole year. Yes, he redeemed himself and returned for the third season, but the lack of his presence was felt by fans everywhere throughout the entire second season of the show.
So what would have happened if he had redeemed himself sooner and been there for the gang's life-changing journey throughout the second season? How would he have reacted to all those adventures he missed? Find out in his AU fanfic! You will see how he deals with his still-suspicious friends, his unrequited crush on Cassandra, and his search for a way to free his father.
"Next stop, anywhere!"
(Note: All rights go to Disney. This fanfic basically reads like a novelization of the second season, while also adding artwork and my own original Varian content.)
- Chapter 1: Prologue
- Chapter 2: Beyond the Corona Walls
- Chapter 3: The Return of Quaid
- Chapter 4: Goodbye and Goodwill
- Chapter 5: Forest of No Return
- Chapter 6: Freebird
- Chapter 7: Vigor the Visionary
- Chapter 8: Keeper of the Spire
- Chapter 9: King Pascal
- Chapter 10: There's Something About Hook Foot
- Chapter 11: Happiness Is...
- Chapter 12: Peril on the High Seas
- Chapter 13: Curses!
- Chapter 14: The Eye of Pincosta
- Chapter 15: The Great Tree
- Chapter 16: The Brothers Hook
- Chapter 17: Rapunzel: Day One