Second, I kinda understand why everyone and Shining got mad at Twilight; they didn't know Cadence was Chrysalis, so they probably thought she was just insulting Cadence for no reason. And honestly, if your sibling insulted your fiancee and offended him/her greatly, how would you feel (at least it wasn't as bad as in Elf when Walter said to Buddy once "You. Get the hell out of my life. I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'RE AN ELF. I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'RE MY SON!! GET OUT OF MY LIFE!!! NOW!!!" and even then, he did apologize)? How would your friends probably feel?
Third, about Celestia's "You have a lot to think about", well honestly, what about scenes in media where people (I believe usually mothers punishing kids) say "Think about what you've done?" That's what I think it meant.
Sorry if this is getting long, but I read some of these comments and responses (with one saying they hated everyone except Twilight), with some probably disliking the whole episode just because of ONE scene, I even heard one person say they wanted to punch the writers because of this scene. I say to them: if that's what you truly feel like, then maybe you should not be watching the show...
During the Twilight wedding rehearsal takes place the next day, but Twilight is not there. When Shining Armor turns to take his wedding ring, Twilight bursts into the wedding hall, proclaiming that neither she nor Shining Armor should stand next to Cadance. Ignoring the inquiries of Fluttershy and Applejack, she approaches the podium and points at Cadance, crying, "She's EVIL!" While aggressively cornering Cadance, Twilight condemns Cadance's behavior towards her friends, the sudden disappearance of the bridesmaids, and the spell she cast on Shining Armor.
Cadance, bewildered by Twilight's accusations. Until Black Panther, Shuri and Mordecai's Crew show up to see Princess Celestia. Princess Celestia tells him they're busy at the moment, and Black Panther offers to help, but they refuse. Until Mordecai kicks Shining Armor on the leg and they are there to remind them: with their fists.
- Twilight: there everything is fine as always
- Shining Armour: or maybe not
- Twilight: um Shining what do you mean?
- Shining Armour: what I mean is that YOU MADE CADENCE SAD THATS WHAT I MEAN NOW GO AWAY!
- Twilight: (cries) but I don't want to go away
- Shining Armour: FINE THEN I WILL GO !(walks away)
- Apple Jack: come on guys let's leave her alone
- Pinkie Pie , Rainbow Dash , Fluttershy , Apple Jack , Rarity and Spike:( walk away)
- Princess Celestia: I am not proud of you Twilight ( walks away and shuts the door)
- Shinning Armor: I don't want you at the wedding anymore!
- Twilight: MOM! SHINNING WON'T LET ME GO TO HIS WEDDING!
- Mom: Shinning, be nice to your sister!
- Shinning Armor: (sigh) yes Mother.
- Flash Sentry: *smacks shining armor* How dare you make Twilight sad?!
[The film starts with a nice beautiful day in a field in Equestria. The Mane 6, The Irelanders, Fireman Sam, Thomas, Tubb, Spud, Marco Polo and their friends are having a picnic in a meadow outside Ponyville]
[Spike's feet are seen running along the ground]
Rarity: It is gorgeous out. Just gorgeous!
[Spike is panting as he runs. Everyone is enjoying the picnic when Spike came running up to them, out of breath]
Ash Ketchum: Spike. Are you okay?
Spike: Twi... light! ...I... have... Lemme just...
[He took a deep breath and belch out a message]
Connor Lacey: It's a message from Princess Celestia.
Marco Polo: I wonder what it says.
[Twilight uses her magic to unfold the message and read it]
Twilight Sparkle: Dear Twilight, I am sure you are as excited as I am about the upcoming wedding in Canterlot. [to the others] Wedding?
[The others look at each other in confusion]
Twilight Sparkle: I will be presiding over the ceremony, but would very much like you and your friends to help with the preparations for this wonderful occasion. Fluttershy, I would like you and your songbird choir to provide the music.
- Fluttershy: Oh my goodness! What an honor!
- Raven Queen: That's really amazing.
- Twilight Sparkle: Pinkie Pie, I can think of no one more qualified than you to host the reception.
- Pinkie Pie: Hip, hip, hooray!
- Twilight Sparkle: Applejack, you will be in charge of the catering for the reception.
- Applejack: Well, color me pleased as punch!
- Twilight Sparkle: Rainbow Dash–
- Rainbow Dash: [yawn]
- Twilight Sparkle: ...I would very much appreciate it if you could perform a sonic rainboom as the bride and groom complete their "I do"'s.
- Rainbow Dash: Yes!
- Twilight Sparkle: Rarity, you will be responsible for designing the dresses for the bride and her bridesmaids.
- Rarity: Princess Celestia wants me to– [unintelligible] ...wedding dress? For a Canterlot wedding... I, ah, ooh, oooh!
- [She went into a bliss and falls over to the ground]
- Connor Lacey: She's always doing that.
- Twilight Sparkle: And as for you, Twilight, you will be playing the most important role of all: Making sure that everything goes as planned. See you all very soon. Yours, Princess Celestia.
- [She folds the letter back up]
- Twilight Sparkle: But... I don't understand. Who's getting married?
- Spike: Oh, wait! Uh, I was probably supposed to give you this one first.
- [He pull out another scroll and Twilight uses her magic to open it and read it]
- Twilight Sparkle: Princess Celestia cordially invites you to the wedding of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and...[gasp] My brother?!
[The intro begins and ends with the title "The Irelanders' Adventures of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: A Canterlot Wedding"]
Applejack: Your brother's getting married? Congratulations, Twilight! That's great news!
Twilight Sparkle: Yeah, great news. That I just got from a wedding invitation! Not from my brother, but from a piece of paper! Thanks a lot, Shining Armor. I mean, really, he couldn't tell me personally? [as Shining Armor] Hey, Twilight, just thought you should know I'm making a really big decision that changes everything. Oh, never mind, you'll hear about it when you get the invitation. [normal] Princess Mi Amore Cadenza? Who in the hoof is that?! [snort]
Fluttershy: Um, Twilight? Are you okay?
Twilight Sparkle: Sorry, it's just that Shining Armor and I have always been so close. He's my B.B.B.F.F!
[The other ponies and Irelanders look at her in confusion]
Twilight Sparkle: Big Brother Best Friend Forever?
Rest of main cast: Ohhh!
Emily: I didn't know you had a brother.
Finbar: That is might ar-ar-ar fine.
Twilight Sparkle: You don't know the half of it.
Martin Kratt: Huh? What do you mean?
Twilight Sparkle: Before I came here and learned the importance of friendship, Shining Armor was the only pony I ever really accepted as a friend.
[The song My Big Brother Best Friend Forever starts as Twilight nuzzles a bird on her hoof]
TWhen I was just a filly, I found it rather silly To see how many other ponies I could meet [A flashback begins that features Twilight as a little filly walking down Canterlot reading a book] I had my books to read, didn't know that I would ever need Other ponies to make my life complete [She bumps into a white stallion colt with blue mane. She step back and look up at him who glares at her but then smiled at her and she smiled back] But there was one colt that I cared for I knew he would be there for me My big brother, best friend forever! Like two peas in a pod, we did everything together [They fly a kite together in a field and share two pieces of an apple] He taught me how to fly a kite (Best friend forever!) We never had a single fight (We did everything together!) [Shining Armour is training to be a royal guard while Twilight practices her magic. The two siblings shares a sad farewell when Twilight went to Ponyville with Spike and the Irelanders] We shared our hopes, we shared our dreams I miss him more than I realized It seems... [Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity] Your big brother, best friend forever Like two peas in a pod, you did everything together [Twilight Sparkle] And though he's, oh, so far away I hoped that he would stay My big brother best friend Forever... Forever... [The song ends with Twilight looking down sadly with tears in her eyes]
Percy: That's sad.
Connor Lacey: I'm sorry, Twilight.
Elvis Cridlington: We really have no idea you've missed him that bad.
Violet Parr: I think we've seen Shining Armor before.
Mewtwo: What do you mean?
Violet Parr: He was there in Canterlot before we set off to Ponyville for the Summer Sun Celebration.
Connor Lacey: Oh yeah.
James Jones: I think I remember that.
Thomas: He was the white stallion we saw when we left, remember, Percy?
Percy: I think I do, Thomas.
Applejack: As one of your P.F.F.'s...
[The other ponies look confused]
Applejack: Pony Friends Forever...
Rest of main cast: Ohhh!
Applejack: ...I wanna tell you that I think your brother sounds like a real good guy.
Twilight Sparkle: He is pretty special.
Shi La Won: You're not the only one with BBFs, Twilight.
Twilight Sparkle: Why? Do you have someone special in your life?
Shi La Won: Yes. Hiro.
Tubb: Who's Hiro?
Shi La Won: He's my BJFF. Best Japanese Friend Forever. He's a black steam engine from Japan. Which is not far from my home in China.
Fu Fu: (chitters)
Connor Lacey: He's also known as the Master of the Railway.
Thomas: When we first met him, he was broken down in the woods for a very long time and we offered to help repair him without telling The Fat Controller since Hiro fears that he'II be scrapped. We bring parts to him from The Steamworks with Victor and Kevin and it was going well.
Gordon: But then Spencer, The Duke and Duchess' private engine, found out and tried to make Hiro's fear come true. Hiro's parts fell off him and I had to distract Spencer with a race for Hiro to be moved to a siding outta the way.
Fireman Sam: Then after that, we got into a chase with Spencer, which resulted in him getting stuck in the fenland mud.
Edward: We look after Hiro while Thomas, The Irelanders and Olwin help Spencer build the summer house for The Duke and Duchess which is close to Hiro's hideout.
Mewtwo: Then after all that was done, Hiro was fixed and Spencer was rescued.
Shi La Won: But then Hiro got homesick and he went back to Japan to return home. (sighs) I miss him still.
Brock: He sounds like a nice engine.
Sploshy: Oh he is.
Aviva Corcovado: (putting a hand on Shi La's shoulder to comfort her) Don't worry. You will see each other again.
Henry: Aviva's right. He'II also come back to Sodor one day.
Emily: We have no idea he was a special friend to you.
Percy: Why didn't you tell us that when we're restoring Hiro?
Shi La Won: Because we were in such a hurry to get Hiro fixed that I didn't get the time.
Koki: That could explain a lot.
Thomas: I didn't even know that's the other reason why you want him to be fixed and not scrapped.
[Shi La nods in agreement]
Twilight Sparkle: Looks like that's something we both have in common.
Shi La Won: I know.
Fu Fu: (chitters)
Marco Polo: I know what it's like to be separated from your family.
Connor Lacey: At least you still got a sibling. My siblings were dead thanks to Linda Ryan, my stepmother.
Twilight Sparkle: Oh, I'm sorry, Connor.
Connor Lacey: It's OK.
Twilight Sparkle: I mean, they don't let just anypony be captain of the Royal Guard.
Rarity: [chirp] So let me get this straight. We're helping out with the wedding of not only a princess, but a captain of the Royal Guard?
Twilight Sparkle: I guess we are.
Rarity: Ooh, ooh, oooh!
[Twilight brings out a pillow and Rarity falls onto it. The ponies began talking excitedly about the wedding. Later, they're on board The Friendship Express train to Canterlot]
Rainbow Dash: A sonic rainboom? At a wedding?! Can you say "best wedding ever"?!
Pinkie Pie: [gasp] [echoing] Best wedding ever!
Jimmy Z: Pinkie! Not now!
Pinkie Pie: Sorry.
Gordon: Well, I think helping out at the wedding must be very important and I'm a very important engine, not to mention the fastest engine on the whole Island of Sodor.
Aviva Corcovado: Yeah, yeah, Gordon. We all know, you're the fastest.
James: Weddings bring guests so all the more people to admire my shiny red paint.
Lucius Best/Frozone: You do know the attention will be on the bride and groom right?
James: Oh. But some can get attention to me as well.
Shi La Won: (facepalms) James, it's a wedding. The guests eyes won't always be on you.
Edward: (sighs) He's often like that, Shi La. You'II get used to it.
Spike: So you all get to help with the big fancy wedding, but I'm the one who gets to host the bachelor party! I have just one question. What's a bachelor party?
Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Fluttershy: [laughter]
[Applejack and Connor saw Twilight looking out of the window sad and walk over to her]
Applejack: Why the long face, sugarcube?
Twilight Sparkle: I'm just thinking about Shining Armor. Ever since I moved to Ponyville, we've been seeing each other less and less. And now that he's starting a new family with this "Princess Mi Amore Ca-whatshername", we'll probably never see each other.
Applejack: Come on, now. You're his sister. He'll always make time for you.
Connor Lacey: Yeah, Twilight. Just like we make time for each other.
Twilight Sparkle: Couldn't seem to make time to tell me he was getting married.
[They soon approaching Canterlot which has a pink bubble covering all of it]
Pinkie Pie: We're here, we're here!
[Then as they entered, they felt themselves scanned by the bubble, making get confused. Then as they arrived at the station, they saw royal pony guards surrounding it]
Rainbow Dash: Whoa, what's with all the guards?
Rarity: I'm sure they're just taking the necessary precautions. Royal weddings do bring out the strangest ponies.
Pinkie Pie: Aaaaaaaaa– [sneezes like a trumpet]
Percy: Wow, Pinkie. How do you do that?
Pinkie Pie: I just do it, that's all.
Misty: Very weird if you ask me.
Rarity: Now, let's get going! We've got work to do!
Applejack: And you've got a big brother to go congratulate.
Twilight Sparkle: Yeah. Congratulate. And then give him a piece of my mind.
[The other ponies and Irelanders watch her trot off with concern]
Thomas: I think some of us better go with Twilight to make sure she's okay.
Connor Lacey: You're right, Thomas. You, Percy, Marco, Shi La, Luigi, Fu Fu, Chris, Martin, Norman, Spud, Violet, Dash and I will go with her. The rest of you will help the other ponies prepare things for the wedding.
Irelanders: Yes, Connor.
[The scene changes to Shining Armour giving instructions to the Royal Guards. Then Twilight, Connor and the others approaches the castle]
Twilight Sparkle: I've got something to say to you, mister.
[The guards points their spears at them, thinking they're intruders but Shining Armor look down and recognizes Twilight]
Shining Armor: Twily! Ah, I've missed, you, kid. How was the train ride? I–
[Twilight flinch away]
Twilight Sparkle: How dare you not tell me in person that you were getting married! I'm your sister, for pony's sake!
Shining Armor: It's not my fault! Princess Celestia has requested a major increase in security. Didn't you see all the guards at the train station?
Twilight Sparkle: Yeah, there's a big wedding coming up. Maybe you heard about it?
Shining Armor: It has nothing to do with the wedding. A threat has been made against Canterlot.
Marco Polo: What sort of threat?
Shining Armor: We don't know who's responsible for it, but Princess Celestia asked that I help provide additional protection. This, you all need to see.
[He step back and uses his magic to make the bubble a bit stronger though he got a headache by it]
Shining Armor: [gasps] The burden of keeping Canterlot safe and secure rests squarely on my shoulders. Staying focused on the task at hand has been my top priority.
[They went onto a bridge]
Twilight Sparkle: Okay, okay, I get it. You've got a really important job protecting all of Canterlot with a force field only you can conjure up. But still... how could you not tell me about something as big as your wedding? Am I not that important to you any more?
Shining Armor: Hey. You're my little sister. Of course, you're important to me. (to the Irelanders) And I think I recognizes some of you guys. You're with Twiley when she went to Ponyville, right?
Connor Lacey: Yes. My name is Connor Lacey.
Martin Kratt: We're the Kratt Bros. I'm Martin Kratt.
Chris Kratt: I'm his brother. Chris.
Norman Price: I'm Norman Price.
Spud the Scarecrow: I'm Spud. I'm a scarecrow.
Violet Parr: I'm Violet Parr and this is my brother Dash.
Thomas: I'm Thomas. And my friend is called Percy.
Marco Polo: I'm Marco. This is Luigi, Shi La and our bet bat, Fu Fu.
Shining Armor: Ha, I knew you looked familiar. Apart from you six that is.
Connor Lacey: Twilight told us all that you're her B.B.F.F, Big Brother Best Friend Forever, and the Captain of the Royal Guard.
Thomas: She really misses you very much.
Marco Polo: I miss my father when he's exploring the world.
Shi La Won: My old friend, Hiro is from Japan which is not far from my home in China. He's my BJFF, which stands for Best Japanese Friend Forever. I miss him so I understand Twilight's special bond with you and that she misses you so much.
Shining Armor: I never know somepony else has the same special bond Twiley and I have. I'm sorry about your siblings and father's deaths, Connor.
Connor Lacey: That's okay.
Shining Armor: (to Twilight) But I'd understand if you didn't want to be my best mare now.
[He give a hopeful smile]
Twilight Sparkle: You want me to be your best mare?
Shining Armor: Well... yeah.
Twilight Sparkle: I'd be honored!
[She hugs her brother for bit then pull away from him, still bitter about his bride-to-be]
Twilight Sparkle: But I'm still pretty ticked you're marrying somepony I don't even know! When did you even meet this "Princess Mi Amore Cadenza"?
Shining Armor: Twily, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza is Cadance, your old foalsitter.
Twilight Sparkle: Cadance? As in the Cadance? As in the greatest foalsitter in all the history of foalsitters?!
Shining Armor: [chuckles] You tell me. She was your foalsitter.
[A flashback begins which features Cadance, a pink alicorn with a blue heart cutie mark looking after Twilight as a young filly]
Twilight Sparkle: Ohmygoshohmygosh! Cadance is only the most amazing pony ever! She's beautiful, she's caring, she's kind...
Young Twilight Sparkle: I am so lucky to have you as my foalsitter!
Young Cadance: I'm the one who's lucky, Twilight.
Young Twilight Sparkle: [scoffs] You're a princess. I'm just a regular old unicorn.
Young Cadance: You are anything but a regular old unicorn.
Young Twilight and Young Cadance: Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake! [laughing]
[Twilight and Cadance are walking down the street when they came across a couple arguing about something]
Wild Fire: I am going for a hooficure and that is that!
Lucky Clover: You are not going–
Wild Fire: I am! I am!
Lucky Clover: I've already paid for three this month!
Wild Fire: I... no! My girlfriends are all getting their hooves done! And you said that onl–
Lucky Clover: Please, we've done this at least–
[Cadance uses her magic to put two halves of a heart into the couple, stopping the argument]
Lucky Clover and Wild Fire: [suddenly stop arguing]
Lucky Clover: Oh! Ho, ho, ho.
Wild Fire: Oh, sweetie. You just did that face.
[The couple smiled at each other. Twilight stares in awe at Cadance's talent]
Twilight Sparkle: How many unicorns can just spread love wherever they go? I only know of one! And you're marrying her! [sing-song voice] You're marrying Cadance! You're marrying Cadance!
Connor Lacey: (laughing by Twilight's prancing)
[Then Cadance herself appears to them]
Princess Cadance: I hope I'm not interrupting anything important.
Twilight Sparkle: Cadance! Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!
[Cadance got confused by the dances Twilight's doing]
Princess Cadance: What are you doing?
Twilight Sparkle: Cadance, it's me, Twilight!
Princess Cadance: [uninterested] Uh-huh.
Thomas: That's funny. I'm sure Cadance will remember the rhyme and Twilight.
Shi La Won: I'm not sure. Something doesn't seem right.
Fu Fu: (chitters)
Shining Armor: I've gotta get back to my station, but Cadance will be checking in with all of you to see how things are going. I think I speak for both of us when I say we couldn't be more excited to have you here. Right, dear?
Princess Cadance: Absolutely.
[Twilight got confused by Cadance's smile]
Shining Armor: Well, we'll let you get to it.
[They went off and the scene changes to the kitchen where Applejack is baking cupcakes with some ponies]
Applejack: Cake, check. Ice sculpture, check. Best darn bite-size apple fritter you ever tasted...
Twilight Sparkle: Mmm. Check.
Toby: This is going really well, Applejack.
Applejack: Thanks, Toby.
Spud the Scarecrow: Oooooh! Cupcakes!
[He took one and eat it]
Aviva Corcovado: Ask before you take.
Fireman Sam: Those cupcakes are for the wedding.
Spud the Scarecrow: Sorry. I really like cupcakes.
Sploshy: Well, save some for the wedding.
Spud the Scarecrow: Got it, Sploshy.
Norman Price: I'II make sure of it.
[Then Twilight saw Spike playing with wooden figures of Shining Armor and Princess Cadance on the cupboard]
Spike: [deep voice] I do. Do you? [high voice] I do! [kissing noises] [laughs nervously]
Brock: Those are meant to go on the wedding cake.
[Then Princess Cadance enters the kitchen]
Applejack: Hiya, Princess!
Princess Cadance: Please, call me Princess Mi Amore Cadenza.
[Twilight just frowns at this]
Applejack: Hiya, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. You come to check out what's on the menu for your big day?
Princess Cadance: I have!
[She tried a cupcake and ate it]
Princess Cadance: [gulp] Delicious! I love-love-love them. [laughs nervously]
Applejack: Aw, shucks. Why don't you take a few to go? [squee] I know how you brides can be. So busy, you forget to get a little somethin' in your belly.
[As Princess Cadance walk out of the kitchen, she dump the bag in the bin to which Twilight and the Irelanders' shocked]
Twilight Sparkle: Did... you see what she...
[Applejack didn't pay attention to that. Later, Twilight and the Irelanders are with Rarity as she designs the dresses for the bridemaids]
Twilight Sparkle: Oh, you should have seen how she acted back there. I don't know when she changed, but she changed! [imitating Cadance] "Please, call me Princess Mi Amore Cadenza."
Princess Cadance: Did I hear someone say my name?
[They turn to see Cadance entering the room with Twinkleshine, Minuette and Lyra Heartstrings following her]
Rarity: Your highness! Let me just start by saying what an honor it is to play a role in such a momentous occasion. [laughs nervously]
Princess Cadance: [unenthusiastically] Uh-huh. Is my dress ready?
Rarity: [stammers] Yes, of course. Um, I've been working on it ever since I was given the assignment, and I think you'll be pleased with the results! Mmm!
[Cadance looks at her wedding dress with a distasteful look on her face]
Princess Cadance: I was hoping for something with more beading and a longer train.
Rarity: Oh, yes, of course.
Princess Cadance: And those should be a different color.
Twinkleshine: I think they're lovely.
Minuette: Me too!
Lyra Heartstrings: I love them.
[Cadance gives the three a glare which makes them quiet down]
Princess Cadance: Make them a different color.
[She walks out of the room, making Rarity give a worried glance at Twilight and the Irelanders]
Twilight Sparkle: Gee, maybe her name should be "Princess Demandy-pants."
Connor Lacey: Twilight! Don't say things like that! She might hear! But something is off about Cadance.
Chris Kratt: Yes. Why is she acting like that?
[The scene changes to the hall where Pinkie Pie is showing Cadance the party reception]
Pinkie Pie: Okay, let me see. We've been over the games... [rattles dice] ...the dances...
[polka from Swarm of the Century plays and stops]
Pinkie Pie: [gasps] I think this reception is gonna be perfect! Don't you?
Princess Cadance: Perfect! ...If we were celebrating a six-year-old's birthday party.
Pinkie Pie: [gasps] Thank you!
[Twilight and the Irelanders watches this behind a pillar with glares on their faces. The scene changes to evening with Princess Celestia looking through a telescope when Princess Luna files in]
Princess Luna: Rest, my sister. As always, I will guard the night.
[She stands on the balcony, looking through the telescope. At a cafe, the ponies, Spike and the Irelanders talk about the day while sitting at the tables outside]
Twilight Sparkle: Bet I can guess what you're all thinking. Cadance is the absolute worst bride-to-be ever.
Spike: [high voice] Who, me?
Applejack: Spike! That goes on the cake.
Spike: [laughs nervously]
Ash Ketchum: (to Spike's likeness of the wooden figures) But he should be able to play with them.
Rarity: Twilight, whatever are you talking about? Cadance is an absolute gem!
Twilight Sparkle: Rarity, she was so demanding!
Rarity: Well, of course she is! Why shouldn't she expect the very best on her wedding day?
James: More like the very worst!
Connor Lacey: I have to agree with James. It's almost she wants to wreck the wedding.
Twilight Sparkle: Applejack, did you know that after she told you how much she just 'love-love-loved' your hors d'eouvres, she threw them in the trash?
Applejack: Aw, she was probably just trying to spare my feelin's.
Twilight Sparkle: No, she was just being fake and totally insincere!
Fluttershy: She did raise her voice at one of my birds during rehearsal.
Twilight Sparkle: See? Rude!
Fluttershy: But he was singing really off-key.
[The bird tweets off-key very loud]
Henry: Ooow! As you can see. But I agree! Something is definitely not right about her!
Marco Polo: Glad you agree, Henry.
Percy: What do you think, Edward?
Edward: Hmmm. I think that we have every right to be suspicious. Something is wrong with Cadance and we need to find out what.
Martin Kratt: Yeah. It's almost like she's the threat.
Twilight Sparkle: Pinkie Pie, you had to have noticed how Cadance treated–
[Then she saw Pinkie and Spike playing with the wooden figures of Shining Armor and Princess Cadance]
Pinkie Pie and Spike: [kissing noises and laughing]
Lightning McQueen: Ugh! Guys!
Twilight Sparkle: Never mind. Rainbow Dash, you're with me, right?
Rainbow Dash: Sorry, Twi. Been too busy prepping for my sonic rainboom to pay much attention to the bride's bad attitude.
Gordon: But I noticed it! She totally criticized Rainbow Dash's flight skills!
[Twilight growls at Rainbow Dash's ignorance]
Rarity: The princess is about to get married. I'm sure any negative behavior she might be displaying is simply the result of nerves.
[Twilight stomp her hoof on the table in frustration]
Twilight Sparkle: And I'm sure it's the result of being an awful pony who doesn't deserve to even know Shining Armor, let alone marry him!
Applejack: Think maybe you're bein' just a tiny bit possessive of your brother?
Rest of main cast: Uh-huh.
Twilight Sparkle: I am not being possessive, and I am not taking it out on Cadance! You're all just too caught up in your wedding planning to notice that maybe there shouldn't even [thumps table] be a wedding!
[She then storms off, leaving her friends concerned]
Percy: Oh, Shi La, I got a letter from a mailpony who's delivering it to you.
Shi La Won: Who is it from?
Percy: It's from Hiro.
Shi La Won: [opens the letter and reads it] Dear, Shi La, I've written to tell you that I was happy to be back home. I told my friends about your adventures and you, Thomas, Connor and the Irelanders saving me from being scrapped in the Smelters' Yard on Sodor. Although, I've really miss you and Fu Fu every day in my home. I think about you every day when I have time alone. I hope we can see each other again soon. From your BJFF, Hiro, the Master of the Railway.
[Shi La smiles warmly at Hiro's reply with little tears of joy in her eyes. She even saw a picture of Hiro with his old friends (Japanese steam engines) and his controller, Sir Takaboushi Hideki in Japan]
Violet Parr: Whoa. Look at how happy they all are.
Thomas: Yes. And it was nice of Hiro to write to us.
Ash Ketchum: Is that what Hiro looks like?
Connor Lacey: Yes. A black tender engine with the number 51 on his tender.
Misty: Whoa. He looks really wise and kind.
Aviva Corcovado: (noticing Shi La's little tears of joy) Aw, there there, sweetheart.
Shi La Won: I'm glad Hiro sent me this.
Fu Fu: (chitters)
Marco Polo: Maybe, you should write back to him.
Shi La Won: Perhaps I can. Soon though.
Norman Price: Right now, we need to focus on figuring out why Cadance is acting so strangely!
Spud the Scarecrow: Okay.
Thomas: OK, steamies, you stay with the Mane 5 while Percy and I go with Connor, Twilight and the others. We'll let you know if Cadance gives us any answers.
Steam Team: Okay, Thomas.
Connor Lacey: Let's go.
[The scene changes to a house where Shining Armor is putting on a badge on his chest when he heard a knock at the door. He answer it and Twilight and the others appeared there]
Shining Armor: Twily! Your big brother's looking pretty good, don't you think? Huh. Everything okay?
Twilight Sparkle: We need to talk. I think you're making a big–
Princess Cadance: [clears throat]
[They turn to see Cadance standing on top of the stairs, frowning at them]
Shining Armor: Oh, uh, hi, sweetie.
Twilight Sparkle: She sure has a way of sneaking up on people.
Violet Parr: Yep. No doubt it.
Princess Cadance: Could I speak to you for a moment, dear?
Shining Armor: Better see what she wants.
[He trot with Cadance into a room. Twilight and the others went over to the door and peeking through a gap, they can hear everything Shining Armor and Cadance are saying]
Princess Cadance: [muffled] Look, we need to talk.
Shining Armor: [muffled] I'm here to talk.
Princess Cadance: [muffled] It's about your sister, okay?
Shining Armor: [muffled] I– look, look, she's okay–
Princess Cadance: [muffled] Just... listen to me, (over Shining Armor) alright? No no–
Shining Armor: [muffled] I'm listening, I'm listening.
Princess Cadance: [muffled] I thought I made it perfectly clear I didn't want you to wear that.
Shining Armor: This was my favorite uncle's.
Princess Cadance: And?
Shining Armor: And I think I should wear it.
Princess Cadance: Are you disagreeing with me?
Shining Armor: I guess I am– Ah!
Princess Cadance: Oh, dear. Are you getting another one of your headaches?
[She uses her magic on Shining Armor's head, causing him to go all wonky-eyed. Twilight and the others got shocked by this. Shining Armor stands up]
Princess Cadance: Feeling better?
Shining Armor: [grunts] Mm-hmm.
Twilight Sparkle: She isn't just unpleasant and rude. She's downright evil!
Connor Lacey: We've gotta warn the others.
[They run outta the house just as Shining Armor and Cadance walk out of the room]
Shining Armor: Twilight!
Princess Cadance: Let her go.
Shining Armor: Huh. It seemed like she had something else she wanted to tell me.
[Princess Luna is watching the night when she saw Twilight and the Irelanders running towards the castle far below]
Princess Luna: Who goes there? Stay indoors, Twilight Sparkle and Irelanders.
[Twilight and the others run to the room where they knew their friends would be]
Twilight Sparkle: Shining Armor's in real trouble! You have to help–
Twilight's friends: [various chatter]
[Twilight's friends are wearing dresses]
Twilight Sparkle: Dresses? What are you–?
Fluttershy: Can you believe it? We're gonna be Princess Mi Amore Cadenza's new bridesmaids!
Dash Parr: Wait a minute, I thought Twinkleshine, Minuette and Lyra Heartstrings were her bridesmaids!
Applejack: She didn't say. But she did tell us that she would love-love-love it if we'd fill in for them.
Rarity: Seeing as we've been working so hard and everything.
Applejack: And you had your doubts about her.
Rarity: Told you she was an absolute gem!
James: [scoffs] As if.
Edward: Anything to report on Cadance?
Chris Kratt: Well, we happened to notice that her magic aura was green.
Marco Polo: She told Shining Armor she didn't want to wear his badge to the wedding.
Emily: Then what happened?
Brock: She put some sort of spell on him whilst he had a headache. His eyes went all wonky.
Toby: You mean like this? [makes his eyes go wonky]
Connor Lacey: Yes. That.
[The Mask laugh at the wonky eyes]
Misty: Mask, this isn't a laughing matter!
The Mask: I know but the wonky eyes is funny. A bit of comedy act there.
Finn McMissile: I know. But we need to stop that fake Cadance before she does something terrible.
Gordon: Indeed. What she did is disgraceful!
James: And disgusting!
Henry: Not to mention despicable!
Aviva Corcovado: That's the spirit guys!
Mewtwo: I never know you three say those D words a lot.
Henry: We used to and still do.
Connor Lacey: Yep. I like that.
Toby: We might have a problem for this situation.
Luigi Bellini: And what exactly is that?
Toby: Twilight's friends are not listening to what you guys are saying.
[They all look at Twilight's friends]
Rainbow Dash: You sure this is what I should wear? Doesn't seem all that aerodynamic.
Rarity: Hmm. I'll see what I can do.
Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy: [excited chatter and laughing]
[The gang just sighs and walks out with Twilight]
Twilight Sparkle: Looks like I really am on my own.
Connor Lacey: Twilight, you have us.
Thomas: Yes. We all are on our own.
Violet Parr: Yeah. We're with you you know.
Twilight Sparkle: Thanks guys.
Amelia: Now let's put together a plan so we can expose Cadance.
Ash Ketchum: Okay.
Dizzy: It's going to be difficult to get Twilight's friends to believe us, isn't it?
Buzzie: Yeah. So, what we gonna do?
Flaps: I don't know. Hey, now don't start that again!
Chris Kratt: Guys! No time for an argument.
Blade Ranger: He's right. We need a plan.
Fireman Sam: We'II think of one in the morning. Right now, we need to get some beauty rest.
Marco Polo: You're right, Sam. It's getting late anyway.
Percy: Good night, Thomas.
Thomas: Good night, Percy.
Connor Lacey: Good night, guys.
[They went off to find a place to sleep, unaware that a long silhouette of a figure with a big face and a metal mouth above his head is watching them before disappearing into the shadows. The scene changes to next morning at the wedding pavilion as the ponies, Princess Celestia, Shining Armor and Cadance practice the rehearsal]
Princess Celestia: Perfect, girls. No need to rush. Then of course, Cadance will enter.
[Wagner's "Bridal Chorus" plays]
Princess Celestia: I'll say a few words, and then we'll begin with the vows. Shining Armor, you'll get the ring from your best mare.
Spike: [deep voice] Do you? [high voice] I do!
Shining Armor: Hey... has anypony seen Twilight?
[The doors open to reveal Twilight and the Irelanders standing in the doorway]
Twilight Sparkle: I'm here! I'm not gonna stand next to her! And neither should you!
[Shining Armor got confused and anxious by this]
Shining Armor: I'm sorry, I... I don't know why she's acting like this.
Princess Cadance: Maybe we should just ignore her.
Twilight Sparkle: You have to listen to us!
Fluttershy: Oh, goodness! Are you okay?
Twilight Sparkle: I'm fine.
Applejack: Ya sure about that?
Twilight Sparkle: I've got something to say! She's evil!
[She points at Cadance. Shining Armor steps in front her defensively]
Rest of main cast: [concerned chattering]
Royal guard: [inaudible comment to other guard]
Connor Lacey: Twilight's right! She's been mean to her friends!
Shi La Won: Not only that, she's obviously done something to her old bridesmaids to have Twilight's friends take their places!
Fu Fu: (chitters)
Thomas: We're not joking here!
Twilight Sparkle: And if that wasn't enough, I saw her put a spell on my brother that made his eyes go all [bells jangling]!
[The ponies and Celestia look confused at this as Twilight gives a mean grin and corners Cadance]
Princess Cadance: [starts crying] Why are you doing this to me?!
Twilight Sparkle: Because you're evil!
Princess Cadance: [crying]
[Cadance ran out of the pavilion in tears]
Twilight Sparkle: Evil! And if I don't stop you, you're gonna ruin my brother's life!
[Rarity and Rainbow Dash look stunned at Twilight's behavior and the Irelanders agreeing with her. Twilight then bumps into Shining Armor who looks down at her crossly. She smiles sheepishly at him]
Shining Armor: You want to know why my eyes went all [bells jangling]? Nuh! Because ever since I started having to perform my protection spell, I've been getting terrible migraines. Cadance hasn't been casting spells on me. She's been using her magic to heal me!
Twilight Sparkle: [inhales]
[Twilight is about to speak her intentions but her brother cuts in]
Shining Armor: And she decided to replace her bridesmaids because she found out the only reason they wanted to be in the wedding was so that they could meet Canterlot royalty! And if she hasn't been on her best behavior with your [stomps hoof] friends, it's because with me being so busy, she's had to make all the decisions about the wedding!
Twilight Sparkle: I was just trying to–
Shining Armor: She's been completely stressed out because it's really important to her that our big day be perfect! Something that obviously wasn't important to you! [gasps] Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and comfort my bride. And you can forget about being my best mare. In fact, if I were you, I wouldn't show up to the wedding at all.
[The Irelanders gasp and Shining Armor walk out of the pavilion. The Mane 5 and Spike look at Twilight and the Irelanders crossly]
Applejack: C'mon, y'all. Let's go check on the princess.
[They head out of the pavilion followed by Celestia]
Twilight Sparkle: I was–
Princess Celestia: You all have a lot to think about.
[The steamies stay with Twilight and the Irelanders as Celestia leaves, slamming the doors]
Bob Parr/Mr Incredible: Well, that went poorly.
Aviva Corcovado: Yeah! Those traitors!
Fireman Sam: Hmm. Maybe we went a bit too far on accusing Cadance.
Marco Polo: You could be right. We need to find more evidence that she's the threat without getting mean again.
Connor Lacey: They didn't even ask if we wanted help!
Gordon: (by everyone cross at him, the others and Twilight for their actions) O, the indignity!
Tubb: If only we had more evidence.
Twilight Sparkle: Maybe I was being overprotective. I could've gained a sister. But instead... I just lost a brother.
[She stumps on the stairs and sing a sad reprise of Big Brother Best Friend Forever as she magic up mini versions of herself and Shining Armor prancing around a bit until he vanishes, leaving the mini Twilight sad and alone]
- He was my big brother, best friend
- And now, we'll never do anything
Connor Lacey: Oh, Twilight.
[Twilight felt a hoof on her head and she open her eyes and look up to see Cadance looking down at her with a forgiving smile on her face]
Twilight Sparkle: I'm sorry!
[Cadance's eyes flash green before her smile turns into an angry scowl]
Princess Cadance: You will be.
[Then green flames rise around horrified Twilight and the Irelanders in fear as Cadance's Eyes begin glow Dark Devious Green eyes with an evil grin and they pull them down through the floor while Cadance walks off with a evil grin on her face and the first part ends with a nightmarish disturbing cliffhanger, As the song “In the Dark of the Night” plays]
- In the dark of the night, I was tossing and turning,
- And the nightmare I had was as bad as can be,
- It scared me out of my wits,
- A corpse fallin' to bits,
- Then I open my eyes and the nightmare was me!
- I was once the most mystical man in all of Russia,
- When the royals betrayed me, they've made a mistake,
- My curse made each of them pay,
- But one little girl got away,
- Little Anya beware, Rasputin's awake!
- In the dark of the night, evil will find her!
- In the dark of the night, just before dawn!
- Revenge would be sweet when the curse is complete!
- In the dark of the night,
- She'll be gone!
- I can feel that my powers are slowly returning,
- Tie my sash and a dash of cologne for that smell,
- As the pieces fall into place,
- I'll see her crawling to place,
- Do Svidaniya, Anya, Your Grace!
- In the dark of the night, terror will strike her!
- Terror's the least I can do!
- In the dark of the night, evil will brew! Ooh!
- Soon she will feel that her nightmares are real!
- In the dark of the night,
- She'll be through!
- In the dark of the night, evil will find her! Find her!
- Ooh! In the dark of the night, terror comes true! Doom her!
- My dear here's a sign, it's the end of the line!
- In the dark of the night, in the dark of the night....
- Come my, minions, rise for your master!
- Let your evil shine!
- Find her now!
- Yes, fly ever faster!
- In the dark of the night, in the dark of the night, in the dark of the night....
- SHE'LL BE MINE!!!!!!!!
[The second part begins as the scene changes to Twilight, The Irelanders and The Steam Team in some caves as they turn on their lights to see where they are]
Twilight Sparkle: [echoing] Hello? Is anyone there?
Thomas: Fizzling fireboxes! Where are we?
Connor Lacey: I don't know, Thomas.
James: Could this day get any worse?
[Twilight bumps into a wall which has her reflection on it. Then Cadance's laugh echoes around the caves frightening the heroes and Twilight]
Twilight Sparkle: Where are we?
[Cadance's reflections appears on the walls]
Princess Cadance: The caves beneath Canterlot, once home to greedy unicorns who wanted to claim the gems that could be found inside. And now, your prison.
Chris Kratt: What?!
Shi La Won: You are the threat! We knew it!
Fu Fu: (chitters)
Twilight Sparkle: Help! Help!
Princess Cadance: [laughing] It's no use. No one can hear you. And no one will ever think to look for you or your friends, either. Most ponies have forgotten that these caves even exist, which is why they are the ideal place to keep the ones who try to interfere with my plans. [laughing]
Twilight Sparkle: Plans? What plans?
Princess Cadance: The plans I have for your brother, of course.
Twilight Sparkle: Don't you dare do anything to my brother, you... you monster!
Connor Lacey: Yeah! When we get out of here and we will, we'll put an end to your evil scheme!
Princess Cadance: Only way to stop me is to catch me! [laughing] Over here! [laughing] Nope, over here![laughing]
[Twilight blasts the cave walls with magic as Cadance continues to laugh. She blasts a wall, causing it to burst open, revealing another Cadance]
Princess Cadance: No! Wait! Ugh!
[Twilight lunges at Cadance, pinning her down]
Princess Cadance: Please! Don't hurt me! (She open her eyes and look to see Twilight and the Irelanders) Twilight, it's me! Please, you have to believe me. I've been imprisoned like you and your friends. The Cadance who brought you all down here was an imposter.
Twilight Sparkle: Likely story!
Terence: Yes! We're not stupid!
Princess Cadance: Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves...
Twilight Sparkle and Princess Cadance: ...and do a little shake.
[Cadance smiles and Twilight's eyes widen as she realizes that she is the real Cadance]
Twilight Sparkle: You remember me!
Princess Cadance: Of course I do. How could I forget the filly I love to sit for the most? (seeing the Irelanders) Who are you guys?
Connor Lacey: I'm Connor Lacey. This is my team. The Irelanders.
Thomas: I'm Thomas, and my friend is called Percy.
Edward: I'm Edward.
James: I'm James.
Gordon: Gordon here.
Henry: I am Henry.
Toby: My name is Toby. I'm a steam tram engine.
Emily: I'm Emily.
Marco Polo: I'm Marco. This is Luigi, Shi La and our bet bat, Fu Fu.
Fireman Sam: I'm Fireman Sam. This is the Pontypandy Fire Service, Penny Morris, Elvis Cridlington, Tom Thomas and Station Officer Steele and the people of Pontypandy.
Tubb: I'm Tubb and this is Sploshy, Finbar, Terence, Winona, Reg and Amelia.
Princess Cadance: It's good to meet you.
Percy: So, if you're down here.......
Thomas: Then who in the world is the other one?
Princess Cadance: The other Cadance is an impostor, a Changeling in disguise.
Martin Kratt: A changeling? What kind of creature is that?
Princess Cadance: A changeling is a creature that feeds on love to gain power. They can also change their form to look exactly like somepony else. The Changeling who is disguised as me is their queen. Her name is Chrysalis.
Violet Parr: So she imprisoned you before we got here! That's why we thought she was you!
Elvis Cridlington: How could we be so dumb!
Mewtwo: We should have known!
Misty: She has us completely fooled!
Melody: Now what do we do?
[A evil laugh echoes through the caves. Cadance saw a eerie sparkle up ahead and her eyes widen, knowing that it might be a solution to their way out]
Twilight Sparkle: We have to get out of here. We have to stop her!
Connor Lacey: Right you are, Twilight!
[The laugh echoes as the two ponies and Irelanders run off. The scene changes to the room where the fake Cadance is getting ready for the wedding as This Day Aria plays in the background]
- This day is going to be perfect
- The kind of day of which I've dreamed since I was small
- Everypony will gather 'round
- Say I look lovely in my gown
- What they don't know is that I have fooled them all!
[The real Cadance runs with Twilight and the Irelanders in the caves]
- [Princess Cadance]
- This day was going to be perfect
- The kind of day of which I've dreamed since I was small
- But instead of having cake
- With all my friends to celebrate
- My wedding bells, they may not ring for me at all…
- [Fake Cadance]
- I could care less about the dress
- I won't partake in any cake
- Vows, well I'll be lying when I say
- That through any kind of weather
- I'll want us to be together
- The truth is I don't care for him at all
- No I do not love the groom
- In my heart there is no room
- But I still want him to be all mine
- [Princess Cadance]
- We must escape before it's too late
- Find a way to save the day
- Hope, I'll be lying if I say
- "I don't fear that I may lose him
- To one who wants to use him
- Not care for, love, and cherish him each day"
- For I oh so love the groom
- All my thoughts he does consume
- Oh, Shining Armor, I'll be there very soon
- [Fake Cadance]
- Finally the moment has arrived
- For me to be one lucky bride
- [Princess Cadance]
- Oh, the wedding we won't make
- He'll end up marrying a fake
- Shining Armor will be...
- Fake Cadance: ...mine, all mine. [evil laugh]
[The scene changes to the pavilion where the wedding is starting]
Princess Celestia: Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to witness the union of [muffled] Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Shining Armor.
[In the caves below, Twilight, Cadance and the Irelanders can hear what's going on]
Raven Queen: The wedding's started!
Princess Cadance: Oh, we're never going to save him.
Twilight Sparkle: We will. We just have to find... There!
[She saw a hole high above her on the ceiling]
Luigi Bellini: Uh-oh! Guys, look!
[They turn to see Twinkleshine, Minuette and Lyra Heartstrings approaching them with green glows in their eyes]
Minuette, Lyra Heartstrings, and Twinkleshine: You're not going anywhere.
[The scene changes back to the wedding where the wedding is about to finish]
Princess Celestia: Princess Cadance and Shining Armor, it is my great pleasure to pronounce you–
Twilight Sparkle: Stop!
[Princess Celestia, the ponies and the fake Cadance turns to see Twilight and the Irelanders standing in the doorway. Rarity hoof-palms while Rainbow Dash and Applejack look at each other and Spike looks down disappointed in this]
Fake Cadance: Ugh! Why does she have to be so possessive of her brother? (seeing Celestia looking at her in confusion, she breaks into tears) [sobbing] Why does she have to ruin my special day? [sobbing]
Princess Cadance: Because it's not your special day! It's mine!
[The real Cadance appears in the doorway. The guests look at the two of them in confusion]
Fake Cadance: What? But how did you escape my bridesmaids?
[Twilight, the Irelanders and Cadance give each other a slick smile. Earlier, they've been cornered by Twinkleshine, Minuette and Lyra Heartstrings who are under Queen Chrysalis' control]
Jimmy Z: How do we get past them?
Connor Lacey: I don't know.
[Then Cadance pulls out her bouquet of flowers and hold it in front of them and they look at it, transfixed. Then Cadance throws it off into a nearby dark cavern and the three dive after it]
Minuette, Lyra Heartstrings, and Twinkleshine: I want it!
[The scene changes back to the pavilion]
Fake Cadance: Hmph. Clever. But you're still too late.
Applejack: I-I don't understand. How can there be two of 'em?
Princess Cadance: She's a changeling. She takes the form of somepony you love and gains power by feeding off your love for them.
[The fake Cadance bursts into pure anger and flames and her pink wings break off to reveal blue bug wings, the legs revealed holes in them and her horn becomes bendy and longer with a pointy tip. Her disguise peels off to reveal her real self: Queen Chrysalis]
Queen Chrysalis: [laughing] Right you are, Princess. And as queen of the changelings, it is up to me to find food for my subjects. Equestria has more love than any place I've ever encountered. My fellow changelings will be able to devour so much of it that we will gain more power than we have ever dreamed of!
Princess Cadance: They'll never get the chance! Shining Armor's protection spell will keep them from ever even reaching us!
Queen Chrysalis: [chuckling] Oh, I doubt that. Isn't that right, dear?
Shining Armor: Mm-hmm.
[Cadance saw that Shining Armor is under Chrysalis' spell too. She runs to get to him but Chrysalis block her path]
Queen Chrysalis: Ah, ah, ah. Don't want to go back to the caves, now do you?
[Cadance step back and glares at Chrysalis]
Queen Chrysalis: But I didn't do it alone. I had help.
Connor Lacey: From who?
[Then Linda Ryan/The Shredderette appeared]
Linda Ryan/The Shredderette: Like me, of course.
Connor Lacey: Linda Ryan!
Princess Cadance: You know her?
Connor Lacey: Yes. She's my evil stepmother who frames my mother for her crime of killing my father and siblings.
Linda Ryan/The Shredderette: Too right. I would have gotten away with my plans if you haven't intervened. There's more allies that Princess Mi Amore Cadenza likes to meet starting with one that Thomas and his old fashioned friends know from the Magic Railroad encounter.
Thomas: What do you mean?
Diesel 10: What she means that I'm the one she's referring to.
[Diesel 10 appears from the shadows]
Diesel 10: Hello, everyone.
Irelanders and Steam Team: Diesel 10!
Princess Cadance: You know that train?
Thomas: Yes, Cadance. Diesel 10 is a evil diesel with a claw which is called Pinchy. He once tried to destroy Lady the magical engine from the Magic Railroad but my friends, Connor, Twilight and Spike help me save her from his clutches.
Percy: But now he wants revenge on Thomas and Connor for ruining his plan.
Diesel 10: It's been a long time since we last met, Thomas. I was hoping that you'II accompany Connor on his adventures so I can get revenge on you both for foiling my plan.
Thomas: We'll see about that.
Voice: Except you and your friends are just rusty old scrap irons.
Aviva Corcovado: Wait a minute. I recognize that voice.
Zach Varmitech: Of course you do. It's the voice of the inventor you wish you can be, spying on you from within my Spy Cloud.
[Zach, Donita, Dabio, Gourmand, Paisley and Rex appear to them]
Chris Kratt: Zach Varmitech, Donita Donata, Dabio, Gourmand, Paisley Paver and Rex!
Gordon: You know them?
Raven Queen: Yes, Gordon. They're the Wild Kratts' enemies.
Chris Kratt: Zach Varmitech is a robotics inventor who uses animals to make his inventions.
Aviva Corcovado: He also tries to steal my inventions.
Martin Kratt: Donita Donata and her partner, Dabio uses rare and endangered species for her fashion designs.
Koki: Gourmand used to be a chef until he got his license expired when he starts cooking rare and endangered species.
Jimmy Z: And Paisley Paver and her partner Rex wants to pave animal habitats and build buildings in them.
Emily: Oh, my.
Hawk Moth: Surprise!
Marinette Dupain-Cheng: Hawk Moth!
James: You know him?
Adrien: Yes, he akumatizes people so he can steal our Miraculouses for his purpose.
Princess Cadance: How?
Hawk Moth: You'II see later. Right now, there're more enemies that Connor knows who we'd like you to see.
[They turn to see Shere Khan and Kaa appears from the doors]
Shere Khan: You seem surprised to see me, man-cub.
Connor Lacey: Shere Khan and Kaa!
Kaa: Yesss, man-cub. So nice to see you again. (laughs with a hiss)
Princess Cadance: What are those creatures?
Chris Kratt: They're a Bengal tiger and a snake called a python. They're called Shere Khan and Kaa.
Fireman Sam: Shere Khan wants to kill a boy named Mowgli in the jungle because he hates man due to his fear of fire and guns.
The Mask: And Kaa tries to eat him up. But we stopped them both.
Shere Khan: It has been a while since we saw each other.
Violet Parr: Yes. It has.
Shere Khan: I wasn't gonna let you get away for what you did to me. You see, you've humiliated me, Irelanders. Surely you do realize that I simply can't let you live.
Connor Lacey: You're wrong, Shere Khan.
Kaa: But firsssssst, let'sssss show more of our alliesssssss, starting with three villainsssss who alwaysssssss gain for a laugh.
Edward: Like who?
[There's some laughter and Shenzi, Banzai and Ed come into view]
Shenzi: Well, well, well, Banzai, what do we have here?
Banzai: Hmm. I don't know, Shenzi, Eh, what do you think, Ed?
Banzai: Just what I was thinking. Our old foes.
Raven Queen: Shenzi, Banzai and Ed!
Toby: You know those three?
Marco Polo: Afraid so, Toby. They're hyenas who worked with Scar to takeover the Pride Lands.
Luigi Bellini: Not to mention trying to eat us many times.
Shenzi: We're not alone this time. We bring along our entire clan here. Look.
[The Irelanders turn to see the hyena clan behind them who grins evilly at them. The pony guests gasp at this]
James: (in Zazu's voice) Oh, that is a lot of hyenas.
Banzai: But we're not the only ones with a army.
Finbar: Well, who else?
[A growl is heard and Scarface and Lady Blue appears]
Scarface: Like us blue foxes of course, sharky.
Mewtwo: You again?!
Lady Blue: That's right, my dear. We're back.
Princess Cadance: You know those two?
Lightning McQueen: Yes, Cadance. They're blue foxes called Scarface and Lady Blue.
Dusty Crophopper: They've threaten us and the Farthing Wood animals in White Deer Park a lot by killing some of them but thankfully Adder has bitten him, resulting in his demise.
Scarface: But Linda Ryan brings me back to life again so now I want revenge on you fools for foiling my plans.
Lady Blue: And this time, we've bring our entire tribe with us.
[The blue foxes tribe appears, growling and snarling at the pony guests who step back to avoid their teeth]
Shi La Won: Well, there certainly are more of you than before.
Koki: Who's next?
[Then a smokebomb appeared and explodes]
Edward: Who are they?
Jessie: Prepare for trouble, your wedding's in a pack.
James: And soon it'II goes to the very back.
Jessie: To protect the world from devastation.
James: To unite all peoples within our nation.
Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love.
James: To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie: Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light.
James: You can either surrender now or prepare to fight.
Meowth: Meowth, that's right.
Ash, Misty, Brock and Serena: Team Rocket!
Zach Varmitech: Where do they come up with a motto like that?
Linda Ryan/The Shredderette: Ever since they joined.
Hawk Moth: I see.
Princess Cadance: You know those people and their talking cat creature?
Ash Ketchum: Yes. They tried to steal Pikachu from me and other Pokémon.
Meowth: And I taught myself how to talk.
Jessie: And we're here for revenge against you twerps and your little sidekicks.
Connor Lacey: And I think I know who is next.
Robbie Rotten: Me!
Irelanders: Robbie Rotten!
Princess Cadance: You know him?
Twilight Sparkle: Of course. He tried to get rid of Sportacus to make LazyTown lazy again after Stephanie came and got everyone active.
Thomas: I remember you! You're one of the villains who are helping Diesel 10 to find Lady to destroy her.
Robbie Rotten: That's right. And it's been ages since you of you old steam trains beat me. Though I don't remember seeing the old blue one and the emerald green one from before.
Edward: That's because I was taking the Fat Controller on holiday.
Emily: And I arrived a few years later.
Mandy Flood: That's right.
Robbie Rotten: Whatever. There's another villain that you trains might remember as well.
Toby: Who do you mean?
Familiar Female Voice: He means me.
[Lightning and thunder sounded as a green flame appears and then Maleficent appears from the flame and her raven, Diablo flew onto her finger]
Norman Price: (in Donald Duck's voice) It's Maleficent!
Princess Cadance: You know her?
Connor Lacey: Yes, we do. Maleficent put a curse on Princess Aurora to die on her sixteenth birthday when she pricks her finger on a spindle of a spinning wheel before the sun sets.
Percy: And not only that, she's also one of the villains besides Robbie who helps Diesel 10 with his plan.
Maleficent: I'm also the Mistress of All Evil. I see that it's been ages since I saw you clank out steam engines and you got a old blue and emerald green ones joining you.
Percy: Oh yeah?
Thomas: We already know them. They're our friends. Emily and Edward. We've known them for years.
Toby: Edward was absent when we met you and Emily arrived years later.
Gordon: And we're not clanked out steam engines.
Edward: We are Really Useful engines.
James: And we're special too.
Maleficent: However, there two more villains for Connor to see, starting with my partner who also have a bird sidekick.
[There's cackling as Jafar and Iago appears from red carpet]
Princess Cadance: Who are you?
Jafar: I am Jafar, the greatest sorcerer in the world as ever known!
Iago: And my name's Iago.
Marco Polo: Jafar once tried to take over Agrabah with a genie until Aladdin defeated him along with Connor and his friends.
Jafar: Sorry to spoil your wedding, fools but we can't have any of you fools mucking about ruining our plans.
Thomas: And that is because you wanted to conquer the city so that you can rule Agrabah for eternity.
Iago: Blah, blah, blah. Who cares about bad stuff and everything, train? Just shut up!
Koki: Hey! Don't talk to Thomas like that, Iago!
Zach Varmitech: And now we have one more villain for Connor to see. One that Marco Polo is familiar with in Venice before his adventures.
Marco Polo: Uh-oh. You don't mean...
[Raffuzio Pulpo steps out of the shadows]
Marco Polo: Raffuzio Pulpo!
Raffuzio Pulpo: That's right, Marco. I'm back. (he grins)
Connor Lacey: We thought you were gone for good.
Raffuzio Pulpo: Well, that's what you think. After you and Marco left me on that boat, I was stuck on it for days. Then Linda rescue me and now I want revenge on your friends and Connor's for ruining my plans to keep all of Niccolo's stuff and send to Giudacca, especially that girl with that flying thing.
Shi La Won: He's a bat. And about my involvement of rescuing Marco and Connor, they don't deserve to be sent to Giudecca anyway because they're not bad kids!
Hawk Moth: And how would you know?
Shi La Won: Because I knew from the day I met them, they did not do anything bad and Finn told me about you taking all of Marco's father's stuff that wasn't yours. It's stealing.
Gourmand: Well, who cares about that?
Donita Donata: We've all join forces with Queen Chrysalis to get revenge on you for ruining our plans many times.
Paisley Paver: And while we help her takeover Equestria, while Zach, Donita and Gourmand get the animals and ponies for their plans, I'II pave all of disgusting nature and old shacks and build proper buildings in their place.
Shenzi: And we'II eat what we like here like those ponies. (laughs along with Banzai, Ed and their clan)
Brock: You aren't getting anywhere near these ponies on our watch!
Diesel 10: And once I get rid of you and your friends, Thomas, I'II go back to Sodor to destroy Lady and get rid of all the steamies to make way for diesels once and for all.
Thomas: We'll see about that, Diesel 10!
Queen Chrysalis: Ever since I took your place, I've been feeding off Shining Armor's love for you. Every moment he grows weaker and so does his spell. Even now, my minions are chipping away at it.
[The changelings are hovering above the bubble menacingly while two of them are banging and pounding on it causing it to crack a bit. The pony guests and Irelanders look up at them in shock]
Misty: (shudders) Bug ponies.
Scarface: We've bring our groups here before he cast his spell to keep Chrysalis' group out.
Shenzi: And with our forces combined to help them, there's no standing in our way. [to Chrysalis] Right, your excellency?
Queen Chrysalis: [laughing] He may not be my husband, but he is under my total control now.
Twilight Sparkle and Princess Cadance: [gasp]
Queen Chrysalis: And I'm sorry to say, unable to perform his duties as captain of the Royal Guard.
Princess Cadance: Not my Shining Armor!
Amelia: Winona's right, you've gone too far!
Lady Blue: Says you, plane-submarine hybrid!
Queen Chrysalis: Soon, my changeling army will break through. First, we take Canterlot. And then, all of Equestria!
Princess Celestia: No. You won't.
[Chrysalis lowers down to the ground while the villains glare at Princess Celestia]
Princess Celestia: You may have made it impossible for Shining Armor to perform his spell, but now that you have so foolishly revealed your true self, as well as you villains and your respective groups, I can protect my subjects from you!
[She flew up and fired her magic at Chrysalis who fires back at her. At first it seems like Celestia got the upper hoof but then Chrysalis enforces her magic and eventually blasted Celestia, knocking her crown off her head and Celestia falls to the ground, knocked out by the blast]
Guest Ponies, Irelanders, Ash, Thomas and their friends: (gasp)
Twilight Sparkle: Princess Celestia!
Connor Lacey: Oh, no!
[They and their friends rush over to the princess while Chrysalis stares in surprise]
Queen Chrysalis: Ah! Shining Armor's love for you is even stronger than I thought! Consuming it has made me even more powerful than Celestia!
Linda Ryan/The Shredderette: Indeed, your highness.
Diesel 10: Looks like, down falls Celestia and all rise and hail Queen Chrysalis!
Paisley Paver: Yes, Diesel 10. A new ruler in this land.
Princess Celestia: The Elements of Harmony. You must get to them and use their power to defeat the queen.
Edward: (in Nigel from Tangled's voice) You heard the princess!
[The all nodded and the ponies took off their bridesmaids dresses and run off except Rarity who catches them with her hoof]
Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy: Rarity!
James: Come on!
[She drops the dresses including her own and ran off with the others]
Queen Chrysalis: [laughing] You can run, but you can't hide!
Shenzi: (to her clan) Go after them and take the blue foxes with you!
[Her clan obey and the blue foxes follow. Outside, as they run, the heroes look up to see the changelings still banging against the bubble to get into Canterlot]
[Then with a mighty bang, they shatter the bubble and swoop down into the city. The heroes duck from the changelings hitting the ground one by one. Then the heroes saw the hyenas and blue foxes coming up towards them]
Twilight Sparkle: Go, go!
[They ran forward to get away from them until they stop upon seeing that the changelings, hyenas and blue foxes from all directions, surrounding them]
James Jones: We're surrounded!
Emily: This is not good!
Rainbow Dash: Looks like we're gonna have to do this the hard way.
[Then she found herself looking at herself who then smacks her backwards]
Rainbow Dash: How did you...?
[Then the changelings transform into Rainbow Dash and the other ponies, much to their shock and surprise]
Twilight Sparkle: They're changelings, remember?
Changelings [as Twilight Sparkle]: They're changelings, remember?
Twilight Sparkle: Don't let them distract you. We have to get to the Elements of Harmony. They're our only hope.
Connor Lacey: She's right. Let's try to fight them to get past them.
[So the heroes attack the changelings, hyenas and blue foxes but it's very confusing. Fluttershy find herself faced with three of herself. She tries to do some fighting skills but they thought it looks pathetic and walk past her. Fluttershy then saw four Rainbow Dashes coming towards her, growling]
Changelings [as Rainbow Dash]: [growls]
[Then as they raise their hoofs to pound Fluttershy, one of them hits the other three and hold a hoof to Fluttershy, revealing herself to be the real Rainbow Dash. Applejack and Twilight walk back into each other. Then a flash of green happens and Applejack look back to see a changeling behind her]
Applejack: OK, this is just gettin' weird.
[The changelings turn into doppelgangers and leaps at Applejack. Twilight saw them piling on each other and uses her magic to blast them. She holds one in the air, thinking it's a changeling]
Applejack: Real me! Real me!
[Twilight put Applejack down on the ground. Pinkie watches a changeling turns into Rarity then Rainbow Dash and finally Fluttershy. She seems to like that ability and laughs at that]
Pinkie Pie: [laughing] Do me! Do me!
[The changeling rolls it's eyes and turns into her doppelganger. Pinkie is unimpressed by it's imitation of herself]
Pinkie Pie: Meh, I've seen better.
[She grabs Twilight and use her tail to fire magic blasts at the changelings like a gun to which Connor saw with astonishment]
Connor Lacey: Whoa. That's an amazing skill.
Martin Kratt: How do you do that?
Pinkie Pie: It's something Twilight and I came up with.
Bob Parr/Mr Incredible: Got it. Fight now, talk later!
[Shi La use her karate jumps to avoid being bitten by the blue foxes and hyenas. They all beat them and they all lay around them. Twilight turns back to see more changelings flying towards them. She, her friends and the Irelanders kept running til they reached the tower where the Elements of Harmony are kept but as they open the door, they found that it's swarmed by more changelings who buzz as both front and behind them are blocked by them. They move in to captured the Irelanders, The Steam Team and the Mane 6. Back at the pavilion, Celestia awoke to find herself hanging upside down in a giant green cocoon while Chrysalis is pacing around, waiting for her changelings to return]
Princess Cadance: You won't get away with this! Twilight and her friends will–
[The doors open and they turn to see the changelings, hyenas and blue foxes bringing in the heroes as their prisoners]
Queen Chrysalis: You were saying? You do realize the reception's been cancelled, don't you? Go! Feed!
[The changelings head out of the door to feed on the ponies' love and shuts it. Chrysalis, Shenzi and Scarface nod to the hyenas and blue foxes and they follow the changelings to feed on the ponies]
Shere Khan: Well, isn't this a delightful turn of events?
Zach Varmitech: Yeah. The ponies, Irelanders and Wild Rats have failed to get their stupid Elements.
Marco Polo: That's Wild Kratts! And we failed because of you!
Zach Varmitech: Whatever! We're can't let you ruin our plans and you should learn to mind your own business, being seen and not heard like all kids should be. (cackles)
Chrysalis: [laughing] It's funny, really. Twilight and the Irelanders here was suspicious of my behavior all along. Too bad the rest of you were too caught up in your wedding planning to realize those suspicions were correct! [laughing]
Emily: Stop being so horrid, Chrysalis!
Henry: (to the Wild Kratt's enemies) And as for you lot, your actions towards animals and their forests are so despicable!
Gourmand: Well, looks like the big green choo-choo is a nature lover. Pathetic.
[Henry glares at Gourmand]
Applejack: Sorry, Twi. We should've listened to you.
Twilight Sparkle: It's not your fault. She fooled everypony.
Queen Chrysalis: Hmm, I did, didn't I?
[She then looks at Hawk Moth]
Chrysalis: Ready to show Cadance how you akumatize people?
Hawk Moth: Indeed. [fills an akuma with dark energy then releases it towards Twilight] Fly to that unicorn my akuma and evilize her!
[The akuma flies to Twilight. It touches her cutie mark and a butterfly frame forms around her eyes]
Connor Lacey: No!
Hawk Moth: Nega-Sparkle, I am Hawk Moth. I know you're angry at your friends, brother and teacher for not trusting you when you revealed Chrysalis' intentions, so this is your chance to get back at them. But I need you to get me a little wedding ring in return. Can you do that?
Twilight Sparkle: I'll get you what you want, Hawk Moth.
[Then, she lets the akuma consume her and she began to turn into Nega-Sparkle]
Irelanders, Steam Team, Ash and his friends: (gasp)
Iago: Ladies and gentlemen, a warm Equestrian welcome for pony super villain, Nega-Sparkle!
[Nega-Sparkle's appearance is a dark blue helmet with a purple visor, a blue cape and purple jumpsuit with white gloves and boots. Her cutie mark is on the chest with a lightning mark through it]
Princess Cadance: Twilight?
Nega-Sparkle: Twilight Sparkle is no more. I am Nega-Sparkle now. And if there is one pony that won't be standing in my way of getting revenge on my brother, teacher and Friends it is you!
[Cadance is taken aback]
Luigi Bellini: This is not good.
Linda Ryan/The Shredderette: With Twilight Sparkle under our control, we'II be able to conquer Equestria and succeeded our plans once and for all! (cackling maniacally)
Connor Lacey: You'll pay for this!
Jafar: We'II see about that, Connor.
[Chrysalis walked over to the window and put a hoof on it to watch her changelings, hyenas and blue foxes' progress of their feeding spree of the ponies' love and themselves as the reprise of This Day Aria starts playing]
- This day has been just perfect
- The kind of day of which I've dreamed since I was small
- Everypony I'll soon control
- Every stallion, mare, and foal
- Who says a girl can't really have it all? [evil laugh]
[The villains grinned at their victory]
Diesel 10: (in the Horned King's voice) Only moments away from victory. Our greatest triumph.
Maleficent: Soon, we'II be able to have all of Equestria to conquer and our plans of revenge will be completed.
[Diablo grins at his mistress. Meanwhile the heroes are dealing with Nega Sparkle]
Elvis Cridlington: We have to get Twilight back before she starts doing bad things to Equestria.
Fireman Sam: Yes, But how?
Connor Lacey: You need to stop her from taking out her anger on us, her brother and Celestia for not believing her.
Ladybug: Okay, Connor.
Cat Noir: Got it.
[They run to save Twilight and remove the akuma]
Ladybug: The akuma's in her cutie mark.
Cat Noir: But how can we get it out safely without hurting her?
[Ladybug thinks for a second then got an idea]
Ladybug: I got it! We'll use our akuma removing spell to free Twilight from the evil akuma.
Cat Noir: Got it. Let's do it!
[They went to Nega-Sparkle and get the book for the akuma removing spell]
Ladybug: There it is.
[She read the page]
Ladybug: That's how we can release the akuma from the victim.
Cat Noir: Got it. Let's see if it works.
Connor Lacey: Good luck.
[The two head over to Nega-Sparkle and recites the spell quietly so that she won't hear them]
Ladybug: Akuma, remove the evil one has inflicted on Twilight and returns her to normal.
[The miraculous flew to Twilight's cutie mark and remove the akuma from it and Twilight transforms back to her good self]
Twilight Sparkle: What happened?
Connor Lacey: Twiley-kins! Thank goodness you're alright.
[He hugs her]
Twilight Sparkle: Thanks, Connor.
Lucius Best/Frozone: Not to break up a tender moment, but you need to free Cadance from the green goo cocoon stuff.
[Twilight nods and crept over to Cadance]
Twilight Sparkle: Quick! Go to him while you still have the chance!
[She uses her magic to free Cadance from the green cocoon stuff and she walk to Shining Armor who is still under Chrysalis' influence. She put a hoof to his cheek and uses her magic to put a heart into his eyes and it breaks Chrysalis' spell over him and he snaps back to normal]
Shining Armor: Wha– where... huh? Is...is the wedding over?
[Chrysalis suddenly lands in front of them]
Queen Chrysalis: It's all over!
Raffuzio Pulpo: And the best part is you didn't get married.
Twilight Sparkle: Your spell! Perform your spell!
Queen Chrysalis: [laughing] What good would that do? My changelings already roam free.
Shining Armour: No!
[Shining Armour tries to recreate his spell but finds himself unable to do so]
Shining Armour: My power is useless now. I don't have the strength to repel them.
James (Pokemon): Yes. All thanks to Chrysalis using her magic to weaken you instead of healing as you think so that the protection spell is now broken.
Princess Cadance: My love will give you strength.
Queen Chrysalis: [chuckling] What a lovely but absolutely ridiculous sentiment.
Linda Ryan/The Shredderette: You never said a truer word, your excellency.
Diesel 10: Who needs stupid love anyway?
[Shining Armour glares at the villains then turns to Cadance and they put their horns together which creates a flow of powerful magic which heals Cadance's bruises and tattered mane. The Irelanders, Steam Team and the ponies watch in amazement. Chrysalis and the villains turn around and gasps in horror when they saw this. Shining Armour and Cadance use the power of love as they form a heart shape and their power grew stronger and spread across the room, blasting Chrysalis and the villains out the window screaming]
Queen Chrysalis: Noooooo!
[The power spread through Canterlot, also blasting all the changelings, hyenas and blue foxes and freeing the royal guards from their gooey bonds]
Zach Varmitech: We'II get you next time, Wild Rats!
Team Rocket: Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!
Linda Ryan/The Shredderette: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Raffuzio Pulpo: I'II get you for this, Marco Polo!
Queen Chrysalis and Changelings: [screaming]
[The villains and the changelings got thrown backwards through the sky and disappear in a beam of light. Shining Armour and Cadance float down to the ground and hug each other]
Connor Lacey: Shining Armor and Princess Cadance saved us all!
[The Steam Team whistle]
[Luigi Bellini faints from the excitement]
Jimmy Z: (seeing it) Oh, boy.
Raven Queen: We'd better celebrate.
Thomas: Not yet.
Raven Queen: Why not?
Thomas: We need to check on Celestia.
[Twilight then trots over to Celestia who is freed from the cocoon and help her get up on her hooves]
Princess Celestia: Don't worry about me. I'm fine. And Thomas is right. You have a real wedding to put together.
[Twilight smiles and the preparations are starting again. Cadance tastes the cupcakes made by Applejack, try on the dress by Rarity, watch the bird choir practice by Fluttershy and she even dance on two legs with Pinkie Pie at the reception. Twilight happily check the list with a big smile on her face. Soon, the wedding is ready. Twilight notices that Shining Armour's badge is a little crooked so she uses her magic to adjust it. She, Connor and Shining Armour look at their parents, Night Light and Twilight Velvet who smiles at them proudly while Velvet tries to control her tears]
[birds whistling Wagner's "Bridal Chorus"]
[Fluttershy smiles and she began conducting the birds to sing Bridal Chorus. The door opens and the Cutie Mark Crusaders (who are flower fillies) skips down the carpet, throwing flowers along the carpet with Cadance walking behind them with birds holding her long dress in the air]
Twilight Sparkle: Seriously, though. I get why the queen of the changelings wanted to be with you, but how did you get someone as amazing as Cadance to marry you?
Shining Armor: I told her she wouldn't just be gaining a husband. She'd be getting a pretty great sister, too.
Connor Lacey: Whoa. That's a good thing.
[Twilight smiles warmly at her brother's choice and reason for marrying Cadance. Rarity went teary-eyed and brings out a napkin to wipe her eyelids. Applejack put on her hat and make sure no notices. Cadance then walks up to Shining Armor and they both smiled]
Princess Celestia: Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of the real Princess Mi Amore Cadenza–
Princess Cadance: Princess Cadance is fine.
[Celestia was surprised but agreed anyway]
Princess Celestia: Hm. The union of Princess Cadance and Shining Armor. The strength of their commitment is clear. The power of their love, undeniable. May we have the rings please?
[Spike hold out the cushion and Celestia uses her magic to lift the rings and put them on Shining Armour and Cadance's horns]
Princess Celestia: I now pronounce you mare and colt!
[The couple trots onto the balcony and wave to the cheering crowd down below. Celestia turns to Twilight, her friends and the Irelanders]
Princess Celestia: This is your victory as much as theirs. You persisted in the face of doubt, and your actions led to your being able to bring the real Princess Cadance back to us. Learning to trust your instincts is a valuable lesson to learn.
Connor Lacey: Thanks, Princess Celestia.
Norman Price: Except that you didn't believe us when we tried to tell you our suspections because you got too caught up in the preparations to see Chrysalis' cover.
Emily: He does have a point.
Princess Celestia: I see. Sorry for not believing you.
Brock: That's alright.
[Shining Armour and Cadance kiss. Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie and Rainbow watch this with warm smiles on their faces til Celestia turns to Rainbow Dash]
Princess Celestia: Rainbow Dash, that's your cue.
[Rainbow took off her dress and soars into the sky. She creates the sonic rainboom that shines all over Canterlot]
Rainbow Dash: Best... wedding... ever!
[The scene changes to evening as Shining Armour and Cadance have their first dance together as husband and wife. Then Princess Luna flew in]
Princess Luna: Hello, everypony. Did I miss anything?
James: You missed the battle with Queen Chrysalis, the changelings and our enemies but apart from that nothing.
Princess Luna: Oh, I see, James.
[Then Timon pauses the adventure]
Timon: She must have been nocturnal since she's absent during the daylight events.
Pumbaa: Well, she is the moon princess. It's her job to raise the moon every night. while her sister, Celestia, raises the sun.
Timon: I get it. At least our hyena enemies got defeated by Cadance and Shining Armor.
Misty: Guys. We know that fact but can we please continue with the adventure?
Timon: OK. I'II do it. The ending's gonna be good with a song.
[He use the remote and the adventure resumes. Twilight nods to Pinkie who smiles and zooms to boomboxes and a record player and pull DJ Pon-3, a white mare with a blue mane and glasses on her from behind to play]
Pinkie Pie: [squee] Let's get this party started!
[She throws a microphone to Twilight who caught it with her magic and she began to sing Love is In Bloom]
- [Twilight Sparkle]
- Love is in bloom
- A beautiful bride, a handsome groom,
- Two hearts becoming one
- A bond that cannot be undone because
- Love is in bloom
- A beautiful bride, a handsome groom
- I said love is in bloom
- You're starting a life and making room
- For us (For us, For us....)
[Photos were taken of Pinkie eating a cake, Applejack playing the fiddle, Spike and Sweetie Belle dancing, Rainbow Dash with Soarin, one of the Wonderbolts and Rarity with Fancypants. Soon, Shining Armour and Cadance went over to their wedding carriage to start their honeymoon. Shining Armour turns to Twilight]
Shining Armor: Twilight! None of this would've been possible without you, little sis. You too as well, Connor.
Connor Lacey: It was nothing, Shining Armor.
Shining Armour: Love ya, Twily.
Twilight Sparkle: Love you too, B.B.B.F.F.
[The two siblings embrace and Shining Armor gets inside the carriage with Cadance]
Shining Armor: Ready to go?
Princess Cadance: Oh! Almost forgot.
[She leans out and throw her bouquet of flowers to Minuette, Lyra, and Twinkleshine. Rarity push them aside and catches it]
Rarity: IT'S MINE! Oof! Ahaha... ha.
[Seeing the annoyed trio of bridesmaids looking at her, she sheepishly uses her magic to levitate the bouquet. The wedding wagon sets off]
Twilight Sparkle: Now this was a great wedding.
Connor Lacey: You never said a truer word, Twiley-kins.
Spike: Oh, yeah? Just wait until you see what I have planned for the bachelor party! [laughing]
[Then, they laugh and watch as the fireworks bang in the night sky, showing a heart shape. Later, Marco and Shi La are sitting on a bench, looking at the night sky together]
Marco Polo: Beautiful, isn't it, Shi La?
Shi La: Yep.
Marco Polo: We've certainly come a long way since we met and confess our love to each other. I'm sorry if my antics annoyed you sometimes on our journey.
Shi La: It's alright. I could never stay mad at you anyway. I like you just the way you are.
Marco Polo: That's good. I made a little something for you for this date.
Shi La: What is it?
[Marco pull out a daisy headband from his pocket and place it on Shi La's head. He show her a mirror]
Shi La: Wow.
Marco Polo: I learn how to made it. It makes you look pretty.
Shi La Won: Thank you, Marco. That's the nicest thing you ever said and given to me.
Marco Polo; Glad you love it, Shi La. I don't know what the future holds but I know that we'II have more adventures ahead of us to do. Together. I love you, Shi La.
Shi La Won: I love you too, Marco.
[They kissed each other and put a arm on each other and smiled as they continued watching the stars. After that, Shi La give her letter for Hiro to a mail pony who went on his way. Shi La look up at the sky again]
Shi La Won: Thank you, Hiro. I hope we'll see each other again soon.
[Then the stars form a picture of Hiro in the sky to Shi La's surprise and joy and she smiles warmly at it which seems to smile back. Princess Luna watch this and smiles at Shi La then at the audience as the screen fades to black. Connor appears]
Connor Lacey: Well, the battle with the Changelings is over, folks. But we'll be back with some more adventures as we meet Scooby Doo's nephew Scrappy Doo who join his uncle for more mysteries to solve.
Twilight Sparkle: See you there.
[They wave as the screen fades to black]
[We see Twilight's friends, the Autobots, Celestia, "Cadance" and Shining Armor at the receptional]
Shining Armor: [to Twilight] You want to know why my eyes went all [bells jangling]? Nuh! Because ever since I started having to perform my protection spell, I've been getting terrible migraines. Cadance hasn't been casting spells on me. She's been using her magic to heal me! And she decided to replace her bridesmaids because she found out the only reason they wanted to be in the wedding was so that they could meet Canterlot royalty! And if she hasn't been on her best behavior with your [stomps hoof] friends, it's because with me being so busy, she's had to make all the decisions about the wedding! She's been completely stressed out because it's really important to her that our big day be perfect! Something that obviously wasn't important to you! [gasps] Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and comfort my bride. And you can forget about being my best mare. In fact, if I were you, I wouldn't show up to the wedding at all.
[Before he could comfort his "bride", Optimus shuts the door and locks it]
Shining Armor: Optimus, what are you doing?!
Optimus Prime: Twilight is right, Shining Armor, because I also know the truth. The truth about a plot. A massive deception.
Shining Armor: What plot?
Optimus Prime: Well there's a sinister plot to take over Canterlot. I have proof that the Cadance you see is fake.
Princess Celestia: Show us the evidence.
Optimus Prime: Matrix of Leadership, show us the evidence.
[The Matrix of Leadership shows everyone the evidence that the Cadance they are seeing is really the Predalien Midnight]
Shining Armor: My bride is a monster in disguise?!
[The Matrix of Leadership then shows them Midnight contacting Thunderwing]
Midnight: Master. Shining Armor's love is well within my reach and still, besides that Alicorn and Optimus, no one has a clue I'm not really that pathetic princess of love.
Thunderwing: Good, my apprentice. Soon we will have control over Equestria's capital and Canterlot will soon belong to Unicron.
Midnight: The more I pretend to be Cadance, the more they share my beliefs.
Thunderwing: Good. Once more, Unicron's chaos will reign supreme. Then we shall have Equestria for ourselves once and for all.
[The images disappear]
Shining Armor: I can't believe Midnight and Thunderwing would do that.
[Starlight hears a noise and notices a unicorn guard go round into a room and follows. She peaks through the door and watches as the guard turns into Umarak. Starlight gasps]
Princess Celestia: Perfect, girls. No need to rush. Then of course, Cadance will enter.
[They stand to attention]
Princess Celestia: I'll say a few words, and then we'll begin with the vows. Shining Armor, you'll get the ring from your best mare.
Spike: [deep voice] Do you? [high voice] I do!
Shining Armor: Hey... has anypony seen Twilight?
[Twilight walks in]
Twilight Sparkle: Sorry I'm late.
Starlight Glimmer: That's Umarak in disguise! He's been trying to sabotage the wedding!
[Umarak, knowing his cover's been blown, changes into his true form]
Umarak the Hunter: Right you are, student of Princess Twilight Sparkle.
Starlight Glimmer: And I was right all along.
Umarak the Hunter: Ah, yes, the wedding of Twilight's brother, Shining Armor, and her former foalsitter, Princess Cadance. I was quite upset about not receiving an invitation.
Shining Armor: That's because you're evil!
Umarak the Hunter: Evil?
Starlight Glimmer: Well duh, you always have been.
Umarak the Hunter: I know I've always been evil, big mouth.
Shining Armor: What drove you to come up with this plan?
Umarak the Hunter: You.
Shining Armor: Me?
Umarak the Hunter: Now to make sure you don't interfere with my other plans.
Shining Armor: Plans? What plans?
Umarak the Hunter: The plans I have for your sister.
[Shining Armor gasps]
Shining Armor: Don't you dare do anything to my sister, you monster!
- Princess Cadence: Cries Why are you doing this to me?
- (Cadence about to run)
- Me: Grab cadence by the mane WAIT!
- (Me pulled out scissors)
- (Princess Cadence gasped)
- Me: Whispers in Cadence's ear Welcome to Heck, you 'evil' princess!
- (Me cut Princess Cadence's hair)
- Princess Cadence: Eek! My mane! MY BEAUTIFUL, LONG MANE!!! Cries
- (Princess Cadence running away)
- Twilight Sparkle: Whoa! An accusation and a manecut. Good one, NlDavissim!
- Me: Thank you.
- Shining Armor: ... And you can forget about being my best mare! In fact, if I were you, I wouldn't show up to the wedding at all!
- (Me cut Shining Armor's hair)
- Shining Armor: Hey! NlDavissim! I didn't asked for a manecut! I don't find it funny! Sheesh!
- (Shining Armor walked away)
- Applejack: Come on, Y,all. Let's go check on the Princess!
- (The mane 5 walked away)
- (Me cut the Mane 5 hair)
- Applejack: NlDavissim! What in the tarnation!?
- Fluttershy: Cries
- Rarity: Well, . . . I never!
- Rainbow Dash: What in the Hay, NlDavissim!?
- Pinkie Pie: That's no fun, NlDavissim!
- (The Mane 5 walked away)
- Princess Celestia: You have a lot to think about!
- (Me cut Princess Celestia's Hair)
- Princess Celestia: (Gasps) NlDavissim! Why did you do that!? It'll take me 1000 years for my flowing mane to grow back!
- (Princess Celestia walked away)
- Princess Cadence: (Cries) Why are you doing this to me?
- (Cadence about to run)
- (Purple Death speeds in)
- Purple Death: Welcome to Heck, you 'evil' princess!
- (Purple Death uses her hand to kill Princess Cadance through her chest)
- Twilight Sparkle: Whoa! An accusation and a murder. Good one!
- Purple Death: Thank you. Then, this is for you.
- (Blue Death speeds in)
- (Blue Death uses his hand to kill Twilight Sparkle through her chest)
- Blue Death: That's better.
- Shining Armor: ... And you can forget about being my best mare! In fact, if I were you, I wouldn't show up to the wedding at all!
- (Suddenly, Yellow Death speeds in)
- Yellow Death: Hello.
- Shining Armor: Hey! What are you doing this for? Sheesh! Just kill me already!
- Yellow Death: Oh, okay.
- (Yellow Death uses his hand to kill Shining Armor through his chest)
- Yellow Death: I've always hated that jerk.
- Applejack: Come on, Y,all. Let's go check on the Princess!
- (The mane 5 walked away)
- (Suddenly, Green Death, Perwinkle-Blue Death, Cyan Death, Black Death and Light Blue Death speeds in)
- Green Death: Not for long.
- Applejack: What in the tarnation!?
- Fluttershy: (Cries)
- Rarity: Well, . . . I never!
- Rainbow Dash: What in the Hay!?
- Pinkie Pie: That's no fun!
- (Green Death, Perwinkle-Blue Death, Cyan Death, Black Death and Light Blue Death uses their hand to kill the mane 5 through their chests)
- Princess Celestia: You have a lot to think about!
- (Suddenly, Light Purple Death, Dark Red Death, Dark Blue Death, Orange Death, Light Green Death, Light Purple Death, Light Red Death, Violet Death and Black and White Death speeds in)
- Light Red Death: No! You have a lot to think about!
- Princess Celestia: (Gasps) Why did you do that!? What are you doing this?
- Light Purple Death: Because, we see it long last was wrong with the world. Too many jerks.
- Black Death: Prepare to die, Princess.
- Princess Celestia: Aw, shit.
- (Light Red Death uses her hand to kill Princess Celestia through her chest)
- Spike (Dragon): I think I'm gonna leave now.
- (Suddenly, Brown Death speeds in)
- Brown Death: Nope.
- (Brown Death uses his hand to kill Spike [Dragon] through his chest)
- (Yellow and Black Death, Red and Tan Death and Blue and Green Death speeds in)
- (Yellow and Black Death, Red and Tan Death and Blue and Green Death are using their hands to kill Royal guards through their chests)
- Blue Death: We did it, guys. We murder them.
- Brown Death: That's right. Let's uses our speed and run off.
- Green Death: Right.
- (Blue Death, Brown Death, Green Death, Perwinkle-Blue Death, Cyan Death, Black Death, Light Blue Death, Light Purple Death, Dark Red Death, Dark Blue Death, Orange Death, Light Green Death, Light Purple Death, Light Red Death, Violet Death, Black and White Death, Yellow and Black Death, Red and Tan Death and Blue and Green Death are speeding away)
- Twilight Sparkle: trying to explain But-- But it's true! I was just trying to--
- Me: angry at Twilight No, Twilight! I have had enough your excuses! Your brother, your friends and Princess Celestia are right! You really are a possessive little unicorn pony! I thought what had happened earlier, you would've learnt your lesson by now! Go to your home immediately, and you could stay there until the wedding is over! I trusted you, Twilight Sparkle! I hope you won't be a princess in the future! leaves to join the others
- (After that, I regret my anger on Twilight)
- Me: ashamed I shouldn't have been so hard on Twilight.
- Shining Armor: ashamed I haven't being a good brother to her.
- Celestia: There you are, Twilight! We're ready for the rehearsal. Did you bring the rings?
- Shining Armor: Shut up! When you're quite ready to accept me marrying Cadance, let me know and you can come to my wedding! But for now, just stay out of my way!
- Celestia: You've turn us down for the last time, Twilight Sparkle! Go home! I do no want to speak to you ever again!
- Twilight Sparkle: Screw this wedding. I'm going home.
- Applejack: Oh, Twi... Ya can't leave us... Twi... please... No...
- Rarity: Oh, Twilight, Darling! We love you!
- Princess Luna: I guess I did miss something after all.
- Princess Celestia: I feel that this is my fault...
- Shining Armor: Twilight! Please! I'm your brother! I want you back! *sob* It's all my fault!!
- Spike (Dragon): Poor Twilight...
- Fluttershy: Boo hoo hoo...
- Rainbow Dash: Twilight! Come back! Don't do this to us!
- Princess Cadance: Oh, my Shining Armor... But you just had to say those mean and nasty things, didn't you?
- (Palpatine arrives)
- Palpatine: Shut it! You know why? Neither of you are return for good.
- Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Princess, Luna, Princess Celestia, Shining Armor, Spike (Dragon), Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Princess Cadance: WHAT?
- (Insert annoying flipscreen effect from TDROTI, TDAS, and TDPI)
- (Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Princess, Luna, Princess Celestia, Shining Armor, Spike (Dragon), Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Princess Cadance are in the Shame of Cannon)
- Princess Celestia: Why us?
- Princess Luna: And who are you anyway?
- Palpatine: My name is Emperor Sheev Palpatine, also known as Darth Sidious, was a Sith Lord who ruled the Galaxy. I'm the new director and I say no slow motion! But we shall rule the directing world with the power of the dark side. Gotta surprises for you too.
- (Palpatine blasts Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Princess, Luna, Princess Celestia, Shining Armor, Spike (Dragon), Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Princess Cadance from the Cannon of Shame)
- Palpatine: Bye, bye. (Laughs)
- Twilight Sparkle: Screw this wedding. I'm going home.
- (Mr. Rude arrives)
- Mr. Rude: I'll give you home.
- (Mr. Rude farts)
- Mr. Rude: Ha, ha, ha.
- Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Princess, Luna, Princess Celestia, Shining Armor, Spike (Dragon), Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Princess Cadance: MR. RUDE!!!
- Mr. Rude: What can I say? Cameo appearance. Roll the next clip.
- Twilight Sparkle: Screw this wedding. I'm going home.
- (Suddenly, Deadpool arrives)
- Deadpool: No, you're not.
- Twilight Sparkle: Who are you?
- Deadpool: My name is Deadpool. I'm the merc with the mouth I often breaks the fourth wall.
- Twilight Sparkle: Oh. What are you doing here?
- Deadpool: I'm here for a surprise. It's your name Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Princess, Luna, Princess Celestia, Shining Armor, Spike (Dragon), Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Princess Cadance?
- Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Princess, Luna, Princess Celestia, Shining Armor, Spike (Dragon), Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Princess Cadance: Yes.
- Deadpool: Then, this is for you.
- (Deadpool shoots Twilight Sparkle in the head, shoots Applejack in the head, shoots Rarity in the head, shoots Princess, Luna in the head, shoots in the head Princess Celestia, shoots Shining Armor in the head, shoots Spike (Dragon) in the head, shoots Fluttershy in the head, shoots Rainbow Dash in the head and shoots Princess Cadance in the head)
- Deadpool: Now, their dead. I love killing. Now, then. Next scene!
- (We cut to black)
- (We fade to the funeral of Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Princess, Luna, Princess Celestia, Shining Armor, Spike [Dragon], Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Princess Cadance, which is just like Tony's funeral in the movie. Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Princess, Luna, Princess Celestia, Shining Armor, Spike [Dragon], Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Princess Cadance's memorial float is comprised of The Elements of Harmony, golden crown, golden necklace, Princess Luna's tiara, Princess Cadance's tiara and a tiny sign.)
- (Sign: Here lies Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Princess, Luna, Princess Celestia, Shining Armor, Spike [Dragon], Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Princess Cadance)
- (We now see that the funeral is attended by Apple Bloom, Big McIntosh, Bulk Biceps, Caramel, Cheerilee, Cranky Doodle Donkey, Davenport, Derpy, DJ Pon-3, Diamond Tiara, Dr. Hooves, Featherweight, Filthy Rich, Granny Smith, Junebug, Lucky Clover, Lyra Heartstrings, Matilda, Maud Pie, Mayor Mare, Mr. Cake, Mrs. Cake, Nurse Redheart, Octavia Melody, Peachy Pie, Pipsqueak, Pound Cake, Pumpkin Cake, Rumble, Scootaloo, Silver Spoon, Snails, Snips, Spoiled Rich, Archer, Aura, Babs Seed, Button Mash, Cotton Cloudy, Lilymoon, Liza Doolots, Tuffle, Aloe, Lotus, Bow Hothoof, Dumb-Bell, Fleetfoot, Gilda, Hoops, Mr. and Mrs. Shy, Soarin, Spitfire, Windy Whistles, Zephyr Breeze, Blaze, High Winds, Misty Fly, Rapidfire, Silver Zoom, Surprise, Thunderlane, Chase Palomino, Coriander Cumin, Fancy Pants, Gilded Lily, Hoity Toity, Hulking Hoarder, Jet Set, Joe, Kibitz, Lemon Hearts, Minuette, Moon Dancer, Night Light, Perfect Pace, Photo Finish, Prince Blueblood, Professor Gully Trotter, Royal guards, Saffron Masala, Sapphire Shores, Sassy Saddles, Spring Rain, Trixie Lulamoon, Twilight Velvet, Twinkleshine, Upper Crust, Zesty Gourmand, Hondo Flanks, Cookie Crumbles, Igneous Rock Pie, Cloudy Quartz, Limestone Pie, Marble Pie, Cherry Pie and Rainbow Flash. We pan over to Black Panther)
- Black Panther: Goodbye, old friend.
- (Deadpool arrives)
- Deadpool: I'm sorry about your old friend.
- Black Panther: Don't worry about it, Deadpool.
- Deadpool: Good. Roll the next clip!
- (Fastforward to Twilight's friends, Shining Armor and Princess Celestia)
“She is evil!” Twilight declared as she pointed her hoof at the changling queen next to her big brother best friend. Twilight had her suspicions that Cadence Mi Amore Cadenza wasn’t herself, but after she caught her brainwashing Shining Amor, she had no choice but to speak up.
Naturally everyone was shocked, even the Princess was shocked at such an accusation. Shining Armor got in front of his fiancé protectively.
Twilight walked past her friends, “She’s been horrible to my friends…” she teleported behind Cadence, “She’s obviously done something to her brides maids….” She started to back the nervous Cadence down the aisles, “And if that wasn’t enough, I saw her cast a spell on my brother that made his eyes go all,” Twilight made her eyes roll to emphasize the point she was making.
Everypony stared in shock at Twilight, who now had Cadence cornered up against a wall. Twilight smiled, as she knew she had Cadence-Imposter beat.
Cadence began to dish out fake tears, “Why are you doing this to me?” she began to run away while Twilight gloated.
“You’re evil!” she pointed at the imposter once more watching her leave the altar. Twilight teleported to the door way and shouted, “Evil! And if I don’t stop you, you are going to ruin my brother’s life!”
Everypony looked shocked at Twilight as she pranced back inside only to bump into Shining Armor, who was anything but pleased.
“You want to know why my eyes went all,” Shining copied the way Twilight’s eyes went when she was making her point at which had made him wince at the pain in his head, “Because ever since I’ve had to perform my protective spells, I’ve been getting terrible migraines!”
Shining began to circle around his younger sister as he spoke, “Cadence hasn’t been casting spells on me, she’s been using her magic to heal me!” he got up in Twilight’s face and pointed at his horn.
Twilight made an effort to refute, but it fell on the painfully deaf ears of her brother as he continued, “And she decided to replace her bridesmaids because she found out that the only reason they wanted to be in the wedding, was so that they could meet Canterlot royalty! And if she hasn’t been on her best behavior with your friends, it’s because with me being so busy, she’s had to make all the decisions about the wedding!”
Now with the opportunity to finally speak, Twilight said quietly, “I was just trying to…”
But her older brother wasn’t finished quite yet as he continued to circle around Twilight, “She’s completely stressed out because it’s really important to her that our big day be perfect!” he got up in his younger sister’s face once more, “Something that obviously wasn’t important to you!” Shining Amor winced against another migraine; “Now if you excuse me, I have to go and comfort my bride!” he started towards the doorway. Shining looked back at Twilight in anger, “And you can forget about being Best Mare! In fact, I wouldn’t show up to the wedding at all!” he then left.
Applejack was completely shocked about what happened around her, Yes, Twilight did in fact make Cadence cry and leave. But in all honesty, did her older brother really have to be that harsh? I mean it wasn’t like she tackled his fiancé or hurt her physically…Twilight did a bad thing yes…but did she really have to be disinvited to Shining’s wedding entirely? It was only one incident, and it was actually quite minor, compared to the other stuff you see at weddings. Applejack also thought of her fights between her and her older brother Big Macintosh. They had a fight similar to this, but never in 1 million years would her older brother disinvite her to anything because of a silly little accusation. Because Big Macintosh knew that that was really unreasonable and quite frankly very rude, So Applejack made the conclusion that Shining was actually quite rude and shouldn’t have said what he said.
Rainbow didn’t have any older siblings or younger siblings, the closest to a sibling that she had was Scootaloo. She would never yell at the filly like that for anything like this because not only would the little pegasus hate her for the rest of her days, it would also scar her permanently to be yelled at in such away. It was more then uncalled for.
Rarity being the older sister of Sweetie Belle, also knew that the argument was harsh. Not only was Twilight banned from the wedding, but she barely got to defend herself for her accusations. Shining Armor did most of the talking, Twilight didn’t get to say anything or put in her side of the story, despite the argument she caused.
Fluttershy didn’t have any siblings whatsoever, so she couldn’t have known how siblings would usually handle things like this. But she knew out of her experiences that Twilight was almost never wrong in the accusations she put out in front. Sure her accusation was extremely out of nowhere and didn’t make sense to her, but what if she was actually right? What if this Cadence was an imposter?
Pinkie never fought with her sisters back at the rock farm, but she knew that being shunned from the wedding would make Twilight cry. Why was Shining going to make Twilight cry? Siblings were supposed to look out for each other, be there, and be kind to one another despite their differences, why was Shining being so mean?
Princess Celestia was rather disappointed in her protégé, but it did get her thinking about her arguments with Luna…Would she ever do something like that to her younger sister? Definitely not. All in all though, she chose to say nothing because she was in shock the whole time.
Applejack decided to speak up first, and actually stopped Shining from leaving. “Now hold it there for a second!” Twilight couldn’t take the rejection anymore; she dashed out of that room as fast as she could not looking back, but only tears running down her face. Shining Armor looked back at the orange earth pony with anger, “You stay out of this Applejack! This is a family matter!” “No ah will not stay out of it! Yer being very unreasonable!” Applejack shouted back, “Ah agree with ya that she was being rude, but disinvitn’ her to your weddin’ because of a silly little argument? Well that’s…that’s…That’s uncouth!”
Shining glared back at her, “Well she shouldn’t started the whole argument in the first place! She probably doesn’t even want to be at the wedding with the attitude she has toward my fiancé!”
Pinkie Pie sprang up, “Are you kidding me? She would never miss out on an event like this! You’re her brother! She’s always looked up to you! She’s trying to be there for you, and you’re casting her out!”
“Her accusations were way out of line!”
“That’s true, but you didn’t let her speak, you didn’t let her speak after you told her the reasons! If you’re always going to argue, let her have a say in it! You should listen to her and take into account that she’s only looking out for you!” Rarity objected.
Fluttershy spoke up, “I think…w-well..um…she’s never been wrong in the past…and c-considering how she’s told us about Cadence in the past…she d-does s-seem a bit off…e-even for a bridezilla…”
Shining glared at the six ponies in front of him “You are just defending her because she’s your friend!”
“True, we are her friends and yes we are defending her! But not because of the way she accused Cadence of being evil! We are defending her because you clearly hurt her feelings! I may not agree on the accusations that she placed in front of us, but you didn’t have to go straight up and yell at her doing something like that can scar a sibling!”
Shining started to let it sink in, “B-But…”
“Shining…it’s true that Twilight herself was unreasonable…but you didn’t have to say that…you should go apologize…” Celestia said, “And I have no doubt that she will forgive you…and she will apologize too...Maybe even explain herself…”
Shining was silent for a moment, “…You’re right…everyone…I’m a horrible brother…”
Pinkie patted his back, “We didn’t say that, you just made a boo-boo that’s all…and boo-boos can be made better!” she said with a smile.
Shining smiled, “Thanks Pinkie…” he then left to apologize. He then met Cadence in the hallway, “Cadence? Have you seen Twilight?”
“Oh, I saw her in her room, she apologized to me and said she went out for some air,” said Cadence.
Shining sighed, “Oh no…where did she go? I need to apologize to her!”
Cadence frowned, “Must you go now? Our wedding is in four hours! We must get in enough practice in before the main event!”
“That can wait can’t it? I really hurt my sister!”
“It could wait sweetheart…” Cadence said"
Shining walked past Cadence, “No it can’t!” he winced at a major migraine attack.
Cadence then gave him the so called healing spell, “Come on sweetheart, you can apologize later…”
Shining merely nodded in his brainwashed state.
- Jaden: *moans and wakes up* My head......... Is everyone okay?
- Nails: *screams* Something's got me!!!
- Meowth: Oh! That was me! Sorry!
- Toothless: *Groans*
- Jeffrey: Hey Twilight? How 'bout a little light, please?
- Twilight: *creates a light from her horn* Hello? *her voice echoes*
- Hiccup: Twilight? Where Are you?
- Meowth: We're over here, guys!
- Jeffrey: Anybody here? *his voice echoes*
- Hiccup: Toothless, Give us some Light.
- Toothless: *blasts and gives Light*
- Twilight: Where are we....?
- (suddenly, the fake Cadence appears on the surface of a crystal)
- Fake Cadence: The caves beneath Canterlot! Once home to greedy unicorns who wanted to claim the gems that could be found inside! And now, your prison!
- Toothless: *roars*
- Jeffrey: You won't keep us here forever!
- Twilight Sparkle: Help! Help!
- Fake Cadence: *laughs* It's no use! No one can hear you. And no one will ever think to look for you, either! Most ponies have forgotten that these caves even exist, which is why they are the ideal place to keep the ones who try to interfere with my plans! *laughs*
- Jaden: Plans?
- Twilight: What plans?
- Fake Cadence: The plans I have for your brother of coarse!
- Pikachu: *angrily* Pika!
- Hiccup: You Can't Have Shining Armor!
- Twilight Sparkle: *angrily* Don't you dare do anything to my brother you.... you monster!
- Fake Cadence: Only way to stop me is to catch me! *laughs*
- Jaden: Get her! *activates his Duel Disk*
- Toothless: *Starts to Blast At Fake Cadence*
- Fake Cadence: *appears on another crystal* Over here!
- Toothless: *blast another One*
- Hiccup: Toothless stop you'll run out of shots! Leave Jeffrey and Jaden do this.
- Jeffrey: *summons his Keyblade*
- Twilight: *blasts a beam from her horn with bounces off the crystals and hits Nails by accident*
- Nails: Ouch....
- Jerry: You okay?
- Nails: Yeah. I'm okay.
- Fake Cadence: *appears on another crystal surface* Nope! Over here! *laughs*
- Hiccup: Over There Guys!
- Jaden: That's it! I summon Elemental Hero Sparkman!! *Sparkman gets summoned*
- Jeffrey: Fire! *uses a Fire attack on a crystal*
- Hiccup: *Uses His Shield To Show arrows At another crystal*
- Jaden: Attack Sparkman! *Sparkman attacks another crystal*
- Hiccup: *points at the Final Crystal* Over There Guys!
- Jeffrey: *growls*
- Twilight: *blasts the crystal wall, and behind it.... is Cadence*
- Jaden: *gasps and smiles upon sensing light magic in Cadence*
- Twilight: *is about to attack Cadence*
- Jeffrey: ...?
- Toothless: *Grunts with confusion*
- Cadence: No! Wait! *backs up a bit*
- (Twilight tackles Cadence)
- Jaden: ...! Twilight!!! Have you gone mad?!?
- Hiccup: Don't you Know Who That is?!
- Jeffrey: Wait!
- Cadence: Please! Don't hurt me! *smiles upon seeing Twilight* Twilight! It's me!
- Twilight: *makes an angry look*
- Cadence: Please! You have to believe me! I've been imprisoned like you! The Cadence who brought you down here was an impostor!
- Twilight: *angrily* Likely story!
- Jaden: Twilight! She's telling the truth! That IS the real Cadence! I can sense light magic in her!
- Meowth: You can?
- Hiccup: How?
- Nails: I don't know.... She's gonna need to prove it.
- Cadence: *does a familiar dance to Twilight* Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves...
- Cadence and Twilight: And do a little shake.
- Toothless: *Shocked that She's the Real Cadence*
- Pikachu: ...! Pika!
- Meowth: It IS her!
- Twilight: *smiles* You remember me! *hugs Cadence*
- Cadence: *smiles and hugs Twilight back* Of coarse I do. How could I forget the filly I love to sit for the most?
- Jaden: *smiles* So you're the real Cadence. It's nice to meet you your highness. *bows* I'm Jaden Yuki.
- Jeffrey: *bows* I'm Jeffrey Dragonheart, and this is Pikachu and Meowth.
- Hiccup: *bows* And I'm Hiccup, and this is Toothless, My Dragon, also a Night Fury.
- Nails: *bows* I'm Nails the Spider, at your service your highness.
- Tom: I'm Tom.
- Jerry: I'm Jerry.
- Toothless: *Bows*
- Cadence: *smiles* You must be friends of Twilight. It's very nice to meet you.
- Hiccup: Yes, We Are.
- Jeffrey: *smiles*
- Toothless: *Purrs*
- Cadence: *smiles and pets Toothless*
- Toothless: *Starts to Lick Her*
- Cadence: *laughs* Awwwwww. I like you too Toothless!
- Hiccup: Oh Toothless always do that to our Friends All the Time.
- Jeffrey: *smiles*
- Toothless: *Hears Fake Cadence's Cackle And Starts Growling*
- Jeffrey: We can't stay here, guys.
- Twilight: We have to get out of here! We have to stop her!
- Meowth: Then what are we waiting for?!
- Hiccup: But how are we supposed to get out of here?
- Jaden: I have an idea. *takes out a lumpy green rock from his pocket* This could help.
- Hiccup: Good thinking Jaden.
- Meowth: What's that?
- Jaden: It's called an Inferno Stone. Osiris uses these for traveling, and so do I. You throw it to the floor and a safe magic fire portal will open to the place you need to get to.
- Jeffrey: Whoa...
- Jaden: But unfortunately, this is my last one. And it's not strong enough to send us all back.
- Pikachu: Pika.
- Jaden: We need to decide who to send back up with this.
- Jeffrey: ...Hm.
- Nails: If anyone should use it, it should be Princess Cadence! She's got a wedding to get to!!!
- Meowth: Sounds like a plan.
- Cadence: I can't leave my new friends down here though.
- Tom: Then who's gonna go?
- Hiccup: I know who. I have a plan.
- Nails: You do?
- Pikachu: Pika?
- Meowth: Huh?
- Hiccup: We'll send Toothless, Nails, Tom and Jerry back up. You guys can stall the wedding long enough 'til we get Cadence there in time.
- Tom: Us?
- Hiccup: Yes you guys, Toothless will lead you to the Wedding.
- Toothless: *Grunts in agreement and then calls for Tom and Jerry, And nails to follow him*
- Jaden: Okay. Get ready! *throws the Inferno Stone to the ground, a buff of moss green smoke poofs up and a green firey portal opens*
- Twilight: ...!!! *coughs and waves her hoof* Geez!! That's foul!!
- Jaden: I know. But you get used to the smell eventually.
- Nails: Don't worry, boss. We promise to buy you as much time as we can to get Princess Cadence to her wedding in time!
- Princess Cadence: *smiles* Thank you. Thank you all so much. I don't know how I can repay you for your kindness.
- Jaden: *smiles* Are you kidding? A kind caring beautiful princess like you deserves to be happy. Plus, after hearing the happy things you've done for Twilight as a filly, we'd do anything in exchange.
- Jeffrey: *smiles* He's right.
Twilight dashed through the halls of the castle, passing by several Royal Guards, servants or guests. Despite being met with a series of gasps or long stares, she didn't care. All she cared about was just going back to her quarters, before crying her eyes out, packing her things and leaving Canterlot, wanting to get away from those who no longer cared for her. Before long, she had reached her old quarters from when she was living in the castle, still in her early days as Celestia's protege. After throwing the doors open and shut with her magic, the lavender unicorn threw herself on her bed, crying every fibre of her pain out of her. From the shock she felt when Shining disproved everything she thought she knew about Fake Cadance before stripping her of the role of Best Mare and even the privilege of being at the wedding, to the horror and abandonment she felt when all five of her friends, even Spike, walked out on her with their eyes closed and their faces morphed into indignant frowns, to the utter pain and heartbreak she felt when Celestia stabbed her with a verbal dagger. This was made worse with the memories of Fake Cadance sending her into the depths of the Canterlot Caves through a ring of burning green flames, followed by the former taunting Twilight about how nopony would think to look for her, considering nopony even knew the caves existed, and topping all of this was the memory of Twilight finding the real Cadance. In a sudden rush of sheer and profound joy, Twilight's suspicions about the Fake Cadance were finally cemented with her discovery of the real Cadance, because if she were wrong about Fake Cadance being evil, trying to defend her case would be a foal's gambit. All of this was going down a pair of raging waterfalls that flowed down the mare's face. As she cried, there were three audible, but gentle knocks on the door.
"Twilight, it's Cadance. May I come in?"
Twilight looked up at the door, which she had locked earlier after slamming it shut. Recognizing the voice of her foalsitter, she unlocked the door, allowing Cadance to open it. As the pink alicorn stepped inside, Twilight's heart melted at the sight of her face. It bore one of her greatest and most nostalgic hallmarks; a caring, sympathetic smile.
"Oh Cadance......" Sobbed Twilight, who embraced the former in a hug. Cadance could do little more than stroke her mane with a free hoof while trying to soothe the unicorn with comforting words.
"Shhh, it's OK sweetie. Just let it out" Cooed Candace softly, still dutifully caring for the filly she was entrusted with. Each and every sob that Twilight sobbed made Cadance shake a little, but still she held onto the unicorn for all she was worth.
"Please......please don't leave me" Whimpered Twilight, still suffering from the intense effects her memories were forcing upon her.
"Never. I'll never leave you Twily" Said Cadance soothingly. However, Twilight seemed to only cry harder. Perhaps the word "Twily" sparked connotations between Twilight and the memory of her brother banishing her. Despite this, Cadance continued to console the distraught unicorn with all the love she had to give and more. Only the Creator knew how long they were going to be there, but that mattered little to Cadance. For now, it was just her and Twilight. Just them and nopony else who could disturb their peace.
Back in the wedding hall, there was little more than seven ponies with the responsibility of Canterlot's invasion laid on their shoulders, a baby dragon devastated by Twilight's revelation, while also disgusted at his own reaction to the lavender unicorn's outburst at the wedding rehearsal. To top it all off, there was an overbearing and very heavy feeling of speechlessness and regret hanging over the room. Oftentimes, an artist would find a scene worthy of a new painting, and it would fall to him to transfer that scene from real life to canvas, thereby creating a transcendent work of art. The wedding hall was one of those scenes at the present time: the picture of purest sadness. the Mane 5 could do little more than look at each other, speechless and shaken. Shining Armor was sat down on his rump atop the altar/throne, crestfallen and wallowing in self-disgust. As for Celestia, even though her mane still billowed proudly from her scalp, she looked very forlorn and remorseful. After a long moment of silence, Fluttershy managed to speak the question that hung on everypony's minds.
"Were we........really that cruel?"
Applejack could only look at her with a face that bore a very clear expression of horror. They were supposed to have learned their lesson after the incident they dubbed as "Lesson Zero", but in truth, they had learned nothing. How were they able to come to Twilight's aid the first time, when they did not the second time? How could they have no patience for their best friend the one time she was in the wrong, after all the times she helped them with their mistakes? How could they simply leave her hurt and alone after everything she had done for them? Just as the cowpony was about to reply, a voice rang out from across the room.
"Yes Fluttershy, you really were that cruel to her. You all were."
The Mane 5, Shining and Celestia turned their heads to the source of the voice. Said source was Spike, who was facing the wall with his head bowed not in reverence, but in sadness. In his hands he held his top hat. At first, the baby dragon did nothing, but then, in the corner of her eye Applejack spotted Spike's hands curl into fists, fueled by his disgust, anger and frustration. Suddenly, with authority Spike threw his hat on the ground, not caring in the slightest about whatever damage it suffered. Preceded by a chorus of gasps from the Mane 5, Spike turned to face them, his face contorted into one of outrage.
"I can't believe ANY of you! How could you walk out on your best friend like that?! How can you even call yourselves her friends anymore?!"
The Mane 5 were left speechless. First it was Twilight giving them a tongue-lashing, but now it was Spike. The difference here was that while Twilight was wronged, Spike was as much part of this disaster as Princess Luna was. Speaking of the latter, Celestia was wondering, on a side note, where she was during the Changeling invasion. However, that mattered little now, as she too was about to receive the brunt of Spike's fury.
The latter turned to Shining Armor next.
"Shining Armor, how could you be so unspeakably cruel to your own sister?! All she was doing was trying to save your high and mighty flank from getting beat by the Changelings, and THAT is how you repay her?! You should be ashamed of yourself!"
Applejack had heard enough at this point.
She decided it was high time Spike was given something to think about. Stepping forward, she spoke with newfound determination.
"Just who in the hay do you think you are Spike? How dare you lecture us on how to be Twilight's friends!"
Spike immediately shot Applejack a glare in hopes it would send shivers down her spine. While it failed to, that didn't stop him from opening his mouth.
"What gives you the right to question me, AJ?" Snapped Spike.
"We are Twilight's friends! We already apologized for our mistakes! We do not need this to continue! And as for you, you walked out on her too! All you cared about that whole day was playing with the wedding cake decorations! What gives you the divine right to lecture us when you are guilty of the same sins?!"
"I did not commit the same sins you did!"
"Then why did you walk out on her?!"
"BECAUSE I HAD NO CHOICE!"
Silence fell over the room once more. Whatever thunder Applejack was packing was quickly silenced. As for Spike, he was very much pushed to his limits here. He was just a boy. He didn't stay with Twilight not because he willingly chose to leave Twilight to wallow in her misery. The reason he left lay largely with popular choice, and that was to just leave Twilight to think about what she had done. He didn't like leaving Twilight so broken, but he didn't want to be cast out of the wedding either. Unfortunately, like the Mane 5, Shining and Celestia, he fell for the same delusions that Twilight was still in the wedding hall, wallowing in her misery. He had no idea that Chrysalis had imprisoned her in the caves, or that her life was in danger, but now that he did, it was taking a bad toll on him. "Don't you get it?! Is your pride too stubborn for you to admit that the way you treated Twilight was wrong?! Did you, all of you, forget that Canterlot was under threat of an attack?!"
Applejack could not answer. She was failing to find words to counter Spike's arguments. Even if she had managed to find an answer, it didn't matter anyway. Spike was not finished yet.
"I left Twilight, because I had no choice! I wasn't comfortable with leaving her, but I didn't want to be cast out of the wedding either! Unlike you, I would never leave Twilight unless the circumstances demanded it, but you.......you were all so caught up in the wedding that it became all that mattered to you! Clearly you are the worst examples of friends I have ever seen, because you are all perfectly ready and willing to leave Twilight when it suits you, now am I right or am I not?"
The Mane 5 were completely stuck for words. Applejack had nothing else to say. Only Rarity found the courage to say anything, but even she knew it would be feeble.
"But.......Spike.......we became Twilight's friends for a reason. Surely you haven't forgotten, right?"
"No Rarity, I haven't forgotten, but let me ask you this. Did you become Twilight's friends because you liked her and wanted to be best friends forever? Or did you become her friends because you sought the fame and glory you would eventually gain from your numerous exploits as the Elements of Harmony?"
With that, Rarity had lost anything and everything she was going to say. Spike had her well and truly beaten.
"I'm sorry Rarity, but it seems Twilight was right. What kind of ponies are you? Princess Celestia, Shining Armor, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rarity, Rainbow, AJ, clearly you are not worthy of the time of a pony like Twilight Sparkle, and by extension, you are not worthy of my time either. This time, I am willingly choosing to leave because I regret leaving Twilight at all. I am her number one assistant, and one of the few loyal friends she still has. Good day to you all!" With that, Spike began marching out of the room, tearing off his tuxedo as a symbolic reminder of the corruptive power of the wedding. How it got the seven key ponies ultimately responsible for Canterlot's safety to drop every responsibility they had to the safety of the city in order to spend their time preparing for something as trivial as a wedding. Rainbow tried going after him, but Applejack raised a hoof to stop her; it was best that they did not disturb either Spike or Twilight at this time. After a while of walking, Spike eventually reached Twilight's quarters, where he saw Princess Cadance closing the door leading inside. With authority, the baby dragon approached the Princess of Love to state his business.
"Princess Cadance, I'm here to see Twilight. I want to make up for my actions at the rehearsal."
Spike's request was greeted with a smile, but Cadance wisely remembered Twilight might not be too pleased to see him. "You may see her, young Spike, but take heed. She may not be happy to see you, but if I know her, she will forgive you. After all, one cannot be mad at a child for simply going with the flow. Just make sure you knock before entering."
With that, Spike nodded and marched up to the door, Cadance stepping aside. He proceeded to knock on the door. "Who's there?" Asked Twilight from inside.
"It's Spike. I'm........I'm here to say sorry."
There was a pause. Spike took it to mean Twilight rejected his request, until he heard the door unlock. Before his eyes, it opened to reveal Twilight, who was packing her saddlebags. "Come in Spike."
Spike gently stepped inside, with intent to repent. Behind him, the door closed and locked again, sealing him away from the outside world. Twilight faced him, neither smiling nor frowning. Taking a deep breath, Spike proceeded to talk.
"Twilight, I'm here to say sorry for leaving you at the rehearsal. I did not do it on purpose. I did it because I was left no choice. Shining Armor had left you.
The girls were leaving you........what could I have done? Please believe me, it didn't feel right to leave you hurting like that, but I didn't want to be ejected from the wedding either. I chose to go with the flow rather than get shouted at for believing you before getting left alone as well. Please, you must believe me. I'm your number one assistant. Had the circumstances been any different, I would've happily stayed with you, but........you know. I'm so sorry Twilight. Please forgive me."
Spike bowed his head, fearing whatever reaction he'd get from Twilight. What he got instead was nowhere near what he was expecting: a hug.
"Oh Spike, how could I not forgive you?" Replied Twilight lovingly. She was glad there was still somepony loyal to her.
"You really are my best friend Spike. I'm so happy you still believe in me."
Spike could only smile at that. He was delighted Twilight was able to forgive him, but the question remained; would she be able to forgive the others?
"What now Twi?" Asked Spike.
"Pack your things Spike. We're going home, considering I'm not welcome here anymore." With that, Spike began packing his things. What awaited himself and Twilight now was a long ride home.
The wedding hall remained as it was from the moment Twilight ran out crying; a room with an atmosphere crushed under the heavy weights of regret and sorrow.
Shining Armor, in particular, was taking this harder than the others. It was because of him that the most recent events of the day transpired, and it wasn't just any old day. It was supposed to be the happiest day of his life since the day he had met Cadance. It was almost unfathomable, how far he had fallen from grace. One moment he was the groom, deeply in love with his bride and super excited for their wedding day.
Now, he felt like the world's worst brother. Not only did he ban Twilight from this once-in-a-lifetime event, but he had to go and scar her mentally as well. There was no doubting it; his actions had inflicted severe damage on their relationship, damage that had clear knock-on effects as demonstrated by Cadance and Spike. To make matters worse, he knew that it wouldn't end there. The greatest evidence of a life-changing event is one's memories, and at the present time, the memory in Shining's head was fresher than a baker's dozen from Sugarcube Corner. The stallion was beginning to grow desperate, fueled by his intense remorse for his actions.
Hoping that Celestia might help him, he turned to her for answers. "Princess, is there anything we can do?"
"I don't think there's much we can do Shining. As it stands, we have done enough already. Perhaps it is best we take no further action".
"But Princess, we can't just sit here and do nothing!" Cried Rainbow. If there was one thing the cyan blue pegasus was known for, it was stubbornness. And once more that same stubbornness was driving her will to action.
Meanwhile, Applejack was still trying to comprehend Twilight's revelation that their actions had put her life, as well as the lives of several thousand ponies including their own in danger. However, she was at war with her pride, which was trying to convince her that Twilight's actions were over the top and completely unlike her, not to mention rude and shameful. They had the matter well in hoof anyway, or so Applejack's pride, stubborn as ever, was trying to convince her. That was the question burdening Applejack's mind, however. Did they really have the matter under control, or were they too caught up in the wedding to remember what was at stake?
"Girls, tell me Twilight wasn't right. Tell me we didn't forsake innocent lives for a wedding".
The girls could only look at her with frank expressions. Were it not for Twilight and Cadance's intervention, Canterlot faced certain doom at the hooves of Chrysalis, and they would've been held responsible.
"Oh mah........." Said Applejack, horrified.
She had finally come to terms with her mistake. Their mistake, which deserved a big fat mark of shame. Suddenly, the hall's doors opened to reveal Cadance, who had come bearing news for Celestia. If the Princess had guessed correctly, this wouldn't be good news in the slightest.
"Aunt Celestia, Twilight wishes me to inform you that she is no longer your student. Additionally, because you said she had a lot to think about, after taking a moment to gather her thoughts, she has resigned from her post as the bearer of the Element of Magic. That is all."
For the fourth time in a row, silence fell over the room as the Mane 5, Shining Armor and Celestia looked at Cadance in shock and horror. By the Creator, was Shining right when he guessed this wasn't over. Yet another price had been paid for their mistake, and one that was very, very costly. For Celestia and the Mane 5, this was very grave news. Without Twilight to lead them, the Elements of Harmony would become useless, and Equestria as a whole would lose its greatest means of defense. Unfortunately, in this scenario, there was no "would've". Instead, it was a case of "had".
"She........she did what?" Gasped Celestia speechlessly.
"Has she lost her mind or something?!" Yelled Rainbow, equally as shocked as the Sun Princess.
"Without her, we can't be friends anymore!" Cried Pinkie.
"Uhh, Pinkie, that isn't entirely the case". Deadpanned Applejack.
"Without Twilight, the Elements become useless!"
"Equestria becomes defenseless.........." Added Shining, the proverbial dots joining together as he spoke.
"And any enemy that attacks us will have free reign to wreak havoc." Finished Celestia. If this was the ultimate price they were being made to pay for their actions, it was something they needed to rectify, and fast. With a look on her face that screamed "enough is enough", Celestia turned to Shining to issue orders.
"Shining, take four of your men and bring Luna to me. I need to know what she was doing the day of the invasion. Afterwards, I will update her on the situation".
"Right away your Majesty". Replied Shining without hesitation. Marching up to the doors, still wearing his ceremonial Mareish Guards dress, Shining motioned to four of the eight throne room guards standing before him.
"Hunter! Raider! Nightshade! Prowler! Come with me."
"Yes sir!" Replied the four guards in unison, following Shining down the hall as he trotted ahead of them. As soon as they got into formation, they broke into a canter, making haste for Luna's private quarters. In the meantime, Celestia turned to Cadance.
"Cadance, is there anything else you wish to tell me?"
"Yes Aunt Celestia. Twilight also wished me to inform you that she and Spike will be returning home as soon as they are done packing. They believe they are no longer welcome here, as regards the ban Shining forced on her at the rehearsal".
Celestia could feel her gut twisting with guilt more and more. They really had gone too far in their treatment of her.
\"Very well. Cadance, can you and the girls try talking to her?"
"Why Auntie? To ask for her forgiveness and to get her to resume being your student, or simply to resume being your attack dog?"
Celestia sighed in annoyance. Cadance did have a right to be angry, considering how close she was with Twilight, but this was the equivalent of sticking thorns in her body.
"Cadance, I need you to talk to Twilight, because she needs to know I am extremely sorry for what I have done. I would do it myself, but I must oversee repairs to the city, as well as the immediate treatment of the injured. The ponies need a leader to unite them in this dark time, and I am more than willing to do just that. I need you, however, to talk to Twilight. In fact, let her know that if she wants an audience with me to gain her trust, I would be more than happy to meet with her. Just please try to bring her around. She must know that her resignation spells doom for Equestria and life as we know it".
"Very well" Replied Cadance.
"Come on girls. We must catch the train". Nodding to signal their replies, the Mane 5 followed Cadance out of the castle to the train station, leaving the Princess alone in the hall.
For once, she could take a moment to truly feel the atmosphere in the room, the strongest layer being Twilight's anguish and rage during her outburst, which brought forth the revelation that she could have died due to her rejection by her friends and family that fateful night. As a teacher, Celestia was extremely disappointed in herself. She considered herself a hypocrite for having taught Twilight all those lessons about friendship and magic, only to show nothing by herself. Celestia had to face facts; everything that happened and everything that was going to happen was brought on by herself, Shining Armor and the Mane 5. The only thing she couldn't imagine happening, however, was a second invasion.
Somewhere in the outskirts of Canterlot, Chrysalis regained consciousness after suffering both a heavy defeat and a long fall from Canterlot Castle deep into the province's borderlands. Around her, some of her Changelings were also coming to, but their numbers had been severely depleted following the massive pulse of magic released unto them by Shining Armor and Princess Cadance. Grunting and groaning angrily, the Changeling Queen got up on all fours, before raising a hoof into the sky in damnation.
"You have not seen the last of me Celestia! I will return, and when I do, Canterlot will BURN!" Growling with intense menace, Chrysalis looked around her in order to find something to tear apart. A house, a rock, anything would suffice. But what she saw instead was a small settlement, complete with an equally small garrison of Royal Guards. Dark and evil thoughts began to seep into Chrysalis's mind, but her thinking was quickly ceased by the yelling of a nearby farmer who fled to the village to warn the garrison. Thinking quickly, Chrysalis turned to her Changelings to rally them.
"On your hooves, quickly! If we are to regain our strength, we must feed. The time has come for Canterlot to learn the true strength of the Changelings".
Together, Chrysalis and her ragtag, yet respectable strike force hurried to the village, intent on razing it to the ground. Opposite them, the garrison of Royal Guards was also rushing towards them, with the mission to take down Chrysalis and exile her and her troops from Canterlot. A battle was on the rise, but before the already present hostilities could escalate, the two sides stopped just metres from each other. As was customary with the rules of war, both parties would first try to talk each other out of it. If no resolution could be reached, fighting could then begin.
"Listen up Changelings!" Yelled the lead Royal Guard. "Surrender now and you will not be harmed."
Chrysalis cackled evilly. To her, the Royal Guard were as naive as ever, but one should never underestimate their capabilities. That much was clear.
"Surrender? Hah! You fools, don't you know who I am?"
"Of course we do!" Said the youngest Royal Guard, a rookie by all appearances. "You're a love-stealing evil thug!"
The rookie's comment was met with a slap to the head by his commandant.
"Shut up Spark!" Growled the commandant in annoyance. Over-eager rookies were normally all it took to detonate a powder keg of tension.
Fortunately, this keg did not blow immediately, but it would soon.
"I see somepony is eager!" Chuckled Chrysalis, entertained by Spark's determination. "But nonetheless. You know why we are here. You know what we want, and if you do not surrender, then we will happily walk over you and anypony else who stands in our way to get it".
Chrysalis's threat was met with laughter from the Guards, angering her greatly.
"How typical of your lot, Chrysalis" Chortled the lead Guard, Defiant Aegis. "Royal Guards!" Aegis's Guards stood to attention, poised to strike on his word. Chrysalis and the Changelings followed suit.
"CHARGE!" Yelled both commanders as their forces clashed. The battle was ferocious. Despite being armed with weapons and armor, the Royal Guards were finding it tough fighting the vicious and determined Changelings. Even Spark was having trouble dancing the ballet of clashed blades with his other, despite his high morale. But as time passed, the losses began to build as even though they had lost a lot of their troops, the Changelings were gaining a lead over the Royal Guards. Eventually, after a spree of incapacitating and harvesting the love of her opponents, Chrysalis was left with Aegis, who was a bedraggled mess. He had knocked one of Chrysalis's Changelings out cold with a swift strike to the pony's temple using his leg armor. Knowing his time was up, Aegis turned to face the victorious Changeling Queen.
"If you think I'm gonna surrender, you're dead wrong Chrysalis. I may fall, but I will fight you to the bitter end, because that is the reason I am a Royal Guard! We will never-"
"Oh shut up!" Boomed Chrysalis, who fired an ice spell at Aegis, freezing him solid. That was it, there was nothing left to stand in her way. Smiling evilly as she watched the villagers flee for their lives, Chrysalis gave her troops the command they had fought for. "Take them."
The spree of devastation seemed to fly by as the Changelings stormed the village, smashing into ponies homes before harvesting their love and setting the place on fire. Those who tried to resist were quickly incapacitated and harvested. Those who gave themselves up were spared harvesting, but were taken prisoner. Within hours, the village was ablaze, and Chrysalis and her Changelings, with their prisoners in tow, proceeded to return to their hive in the mountain range known as the Black Widow's Peak.
For Twilight and Spike, it had felt like hours since they had left Canterlot for Ponyville, but in reality, it had only been a little over an hour and a half. The train had now reached the midway point on its journey and yet, Twilight still did not feel at peace. Everything that had happened over the past couple of days was still raging in her mind.
How she, out of her friends, her brother and her mentor was the only one to notice the glints of Chrysalis's evil under the shroud of her poorly rehearsed masquerade, how helpless and shocked she felt when Chrysalis brainwashed Shining, how little her friends took her seriously when she tried to tell them her concerns about the impostor, how hurt and betrayed she felt when they walked out on her, following her brother to comfort a pony who was completely undeserving of any sympathy, regardless of the crocodile tears she shed, how lost everything seemed when Celestia was defeated and she and her friends were captured before they could reach the Elements of Harmony, and how justified she felt after Chrysalis was beaten. All of this was still cooking up a storm deep in the annals of her mind, and there was little she could do to forget about it. Spike, on the other hand, wasn't as troubled by the recent events of his life, but he certainly did still regret abandoning Twilight, and from the point where he was forgiven, he swore to himself that he would never leave her again. Spike looked up to see Twilight, her face as blank as stone. She seemed lost in thought, but to be sure she was OK, Spike decided to get her attention.
"Twilight, are you OK?"
The lavender unicorn looked at him, having snapped out of her trance. She smiled at him warmly. "I'm fine Spike. I was just thinking about stuff."
"You were thinking about what had happened, weren't you?"
Twilight looked at Spike with a frank expression. If Spike could tell she was still conflicted with the events of the wedding, then there was no hope of hiding it. With a sigh, she chose to come clean.
"Yeah Spike, I was. I can't help it. It won't go away. Everything that happened.......it's all stuck in my head and I can't get it out!"
Spike frowned. Twilight was clearly still in anguish and self-pity. He could tell she was hurting badly from being abandoned, but there was something else. Something he couldn't quite put his claw on. Fortunately, he wouldn't have to ask.
"What if I was wrong Spike?"
"What do you mean Twi?"
"What if I was wrong? What if Cadance wasn't an impostor? What if she really was just going through a hard time? Do you have any idea........?"
Twilight couldn't finish her words. The pain in her heart had become too great. As she began to sob once more, Spike immediately took the mare in his arms, consoling her for all she was worth. He was still her loyal assistant, and as such he would follow up on his role's job description, as well as the promise he made to himself to never leave her again, following his forgiveness by Twilight.
"I know Twi. I know".
Just then, the conductor called out from the middle carriage.
"Next stop, Ponyville! All passengers, the next stop is Ponyville!"
"Twi, we've arrived".
Helping the unicorn to dry her eyes, Spike stood back as Twilight returned to her hooves. "Let's go home Spike. I think I need to lie down".
Together the unicorn and baby dragon faced the left side of the train, looking out the windows into the station as the train rolled to a stop, steam hissing from it's every orifices. Once the locomotive had reached a complete stop, the duo disembarked, bypassing the station building before heading towards the Golden Oaks Library.
Back at the castle, Princess Luna was holed up in her private quarters, furiously trying to win a game of Team Slayer on Halo 3's multiplayer, the game being set in the map Valhalla. Her Spartan was camped in the Forerunner building to the right of the crashed Pelican, armed with a sniper rifle. From her perch on the wall next to the gravity lift, she was awaiting any intruders from the red team to cross the mound in the middle, as well as either up the river or across the mound to the left. She then smiled and clenched an eye as a red Spartan came into view on the river. She zoomed in on the Spartan's head, intent on sniping him clean through the skull. As she began pushing down the right trigger using her magic, there were three knocks on the door. Her focus instantly derailed, Luna had little choice but to let her guests enter. "Come in!" Said Luna, who had little idea her guests would be royal guards with very specific orders. When they did enter, she wasted no time leaving the game before getting up off her beanie bag to face Shining, who had just walked in behind his vanguard. "Captain Armor? What brings you here?"
"Princess Luna, we need you to come with us. Celestia has requested your presence in the wedding hall immediately."
With an instant feeling of urgency coursing through her body, Luna was quick to acquiesce to Shining's orders.
"Please Captain, lead the way. Whatever my sister asks of me, I will not hesitate to fulfill." With that, Shining led Luna down to the throne room. Behind them, the guards closed the doors to her private quarters, before following after them. It was about midway into the journey when Luna picked up on the aura of tension that floated in the air around Shining and the guards, making her feel uneasy. Whatever Celestia wanted her for, it certainly wasn't anything light-hearted. Unfortunately for Luna, she would be proven right as the group approached the throne room. The doors remained open, allowing Luna a clear glance at her sister, who was watching her as the two sisters drew closer. The look on her face was neither smiling nor frowning, but one of concern. The former was pleased to see her, but also equally worried. The escort stopped just a few metres away from the Sun Princess, allowing Shining to step forward to address her. "Princess, we have brought your sister as you requested."
"Thank you Captain. That will be all."
With that, Shining bowed, before turning on a dime and motioning to his men to leave the sisters alone, returning to their stations as the throne room's ceremonial guards. Before Shining could make himself idle, a unicorn Royal Guard sentry ran up to him, carrying a letter with his magic. Having opened the letter and read its contents, Shining learned of how Chrysalis and the remnants of her army had attacked a settlement near the border, burning it to the ground and taking the inhabitants prisoner. His face was initially grim with dread, but Shining recomposed himself, and dismissed the sentry. Meanwhile, Luna was first to break the ice between herself and Celestia.
"What is the matter dear sister? Why hath you summoned me before you?"
"Luna, I need to ask you some questions. The reason is that in light of my most recent actions, as well as those of Captain Armor and the Element Bearers, Canterlot nearly fell."
Luna gasped in shock. She knew Celestia had bad news for her, but this was beyond anything she had imagined.
"What?! What do you mean Canterlot nearly fell?!"
"Canterlot nearly fell, because of the collective incompetence of myself, Captain Armor and the Element Bearers. As you know, we had received word of a threat against Canterlot, which turned out to be true and more effective than we believed. An army of beings known as Changelings stormed the city, injuring many of our citizens and Royal Guards, while also harvesting their love for their own ends. Also, we did not know it at the time, but their leader, Queen Chrysalis, had managed to somehow infiltrate the city, taking the place of the bride after locking her in the Canterlot Caves."
"Canterlot Caves?" Asked Luna curiously. It was only now that everypony in the castle had learned of the caves, and ever since, Celestia had sent a scouting party of Royal Guards to investigate them, in order to find out how Chrysalis had managed to imprison both Cadance and Twilight in them, while taking measures to ensure they are never used in such a manner ever again. However, that was the least of her concerns. The tale that Celestia was spinning before her was intriguing her more and more.
"Following Twilight and the Element Bearers arrival at the castle, as well as the former's reunion with her brother and foalsitter, it was from that point that Twilight believed something was not right with the bride-to-be. According to testimony from her friends, she told them that she saw the impostor embarrass and humiliate them without them even realizing it, something that my niece would never, ever do. It was also revealed at the wedding that the impostor had put Captain Armor under a mind-control spell, with Twilight watching every second of it. Then, when she tried confronting the fiend openly, like indignant fools we chose to abandon her. Also, we didn't just walk out on her. Captain Armor disowned her, stripped her of her title as Best Mare and banned her from the wedding, her friends walked out on her, and I.............I said she had a lot to think about."
Luna gasped again. Something like this from her sister was unheard of. Ever since that Nightmare Night when Twilight restored her relationship with the citizens of Ponyville, Luna knew and recognized the fact that Twilight was nothing short of respectable, honorable and a true friend, deserving of everything she had achieved to this point. In fact, it was because of Twilight that she was freed from the clutches of Nightmare Moon, a deed that truly won her sister's praise and gratitude. But now, the teacher who had taught her student so much about magic and friendship simply walks out on her, as did her brother and friends when all she was trying to do was save them from a terrible fate? To Luna, that was both an outrage and a major injustice to the lavender unicorn, who had done so much for not only Equestria, but for them both. Before she could say anything, Celestia continued.
"If you're thinking about chastising me, I beg of you to reconsider. I have heard enough as it is from Twilight, Cadance and Spike even. I know I am guilty of nearly letting my subjects, my ponies meet their doom, I know I am guilty of nearly letting Canterlot be wiped off the face of Equestria, and I am especially sorry for betraying my student, who holds so much faith for me and has given everything to both ourselves and Equestria. Just please, do not chastise me. I have already been punished enough for my sins."
Luna could only watch as her sister lowered her head in shame. She could feel her eyebrows and face contort into a mask of pure disappointment, even anger at her sister for doing such a thing, and she had no intention of relinquishing the emotions that were taking over at present. Her next action defaulted, Luna glared at her sister sternly.
"Dear sister, I have known you for a long, long time. You may not be omnipotent, and on that matter, neither am I, but you of all ponies should know when something is wrong. Your capability to write off somepony's feelings as mere folly is of no surprise to me, considering it was what happened between us long ago, but in these circumstances I find it particularly hard to believe you could write off your student, the one pony besides me whom I know you care very dearly for and trust implicitly, as a jealous and overpossessive brat. Surely one like yourself would have learned from their past mistakes. Do you remember the day I became Nightmare Moon?"
Celestia clenched her eyes in pain. The memories of that dreadful episode of her life were rushing back into her mind. If that wasn't already a slash to her heart, then the knowledge that what happened then draws similar comparisons to the rehearsal would absolutely double it. "I turned to the dark side for want of recognition of the beauty of the night by my subjects. As the days passed, and my hopes turned into bitterness, you ignored it for the limelight, leaving me to succumb to my demons. The price you paid was one which I know very well caused you immense grief. You had no choice but to banish me to the moon for 1000 years. A heavy price to pay, perhaps not one more heavy than that of death, but it was still a loss that affected you deeply. Knowing this, then one such as yourself should have learned the lesson to take others more seriously, especially those closest to you. How do I know? Well, when on that Nightmare Night I tried to connect with my subjects, it was Twilight who helped me to become more down-to-earth and kinder to my subjects than before. Indeed, it had been 1000 years since I last saw Equestria, and much has changed. But it was thanks to Twilight that I was able to "modernize", as the locals say. It is because of this that I understood why she was your student. You saw much potential in her. You believed that she was the perfect protege, and thus you took her under your wing in order to help her realize that potential. Yet, for somepony who holds so much faith in her student, and especially when that same student in equal measure believes in you, how could you let her down?"
Celestia could feel another slash tear through her heart as Luna hit her with another telling question. For all intents and purposes, this felt like an interrogation, and probably the most painful and harrowing encounter she had to deal with yet. "I did not let her down Luna. I was only doing what I thought was right." "So you thought it was right to break the heart of "your most faithful student", betraying her trust in the process? Have you forgotten just how much she believed in you? DId you not realize the potential ramifications your actions could've had on her?" "I did not forget!" Celestia snapped in frustration.
"I.........knew Twilight trusted me. I just didn't think that what I did would hurt her so badly. She is a mare now, not a foal. One would expect her to take it maturely. Furthermore, she did also upset the bride, my niece."
"But that wasn't your niece. That was an impostor with evil intentions, yet you let her facade fool you, and I know you sister. You're no fool. How?"
With that, Celestia was beaten. In the midst of her struggle to find an answer to how she failed to differentiate the impostor from her niece, tears began flowing from her eyes. The alicorn started crying, her stubbornness finally failing.
"I don't know Luna. I just..............don't know. I cannot explain how I believed that impostor to be my niece. She acted nothing like her.........the niece we know and love is warm, kind and caring, but the Cadance we saw at the wedding..........she was so cold and distant. Honestly Luna, I can't explain it. I just..........."
Celestia couldn't say anymore, and Luna could see it. Perhaps she had been a bit too scathing in her criticism of her sister. That wasn't the reason she was here. She was brought here to answer questions, and it was under those conditions that she decided to relent.
"I am sorry, dear sister. Like Twilight, Spike and Cadance before me, I find it hard to comprehend how you, along with Shining and the Element Bearers can dismiss the impostor's attitude as mere stress. We both know Cadance is capable of taking on any responsibility with the same good grace and warmth she is so blessed with. The one you saw at the wedding was a poorly rehearsed act of imitation, one undeserving of her very image. Still, that is not the reason you summoned me."
After pulling herself together, Celestia took a moment to compose herself before speaking.
"Yes Luna. I need you to answer some questions pertaining to the wedding. First off, when dawn broke over Canterlot, what happened when you left your post?"
As Celestia continued questioning Luna on her absence during the battle against the Changelings, Shining (who was standing away from them next to the throne room's massive doors) was getting anxious. Twilight was somewhere out there, hurt, alone, and for all he knew, lost. He was desperate to let her know how sorry he was for what he did. He even refused to recall what he did to her, considering the price his actions carried placed a heavy weight of shame on himself. If it was any consolation, however, he was able to channel that shame into willpower, and he intended to use it to do whatever it would take to find his sister. His attention soon returned to the royal sisters, who were just finishing up Luna's interrogation.
"So you were sleeping during the attack?
"That is correct sister. Additionally, I have information you may want to hear." Celestia smiled responsively. Any information she could get at this time would be of great assistance to figure out how this happened.
"Following your departure to oversee the wedding rehearsals, I was manning the watch as usual, until Cadance flew up to me. She asked me if I knew a spell she had recently learned. I don't remember exactly what happened after that, but I do remember asking her what spell she had learned."
"Is that so?" Celestia remarked, raising an eyebrow in suspicion. Why would her niece need to see Luna during her watch, and only to show her a spell she had learnt? The answer seemed glaringly obvious; Chrysalis had magicked Luna to sleep, before taking her back to her quarters to make it seem as if nothing had happened. With a "mmph" of configuration, she smiled at Luna once more.
"Thank you Luna. I'm sorry if this interrogation caused you any inconvenience."
"You have nothing to be sorry for my dear sister. I understand what you are doing is for the good of our kingdom."
With that, the interrogation was over. Deciding to waste no further time, Shining made his move.
"Yes Captain Armor?"
"I cannot hold my tongue any longer. I have to go and find Twilight. Every second of her absence is killing me. You must let me go with Cadance."
"As much as I respect and admire your loyalty to your family Captain, I'm afraid your duties lie elsewhere. Your first order of business is to split up every officer under your command into two groups. The first group is to form patrols with the orders to comb the city for any Changelings that may be still in the city. They have my permission to use tracking magic as well. Any Changelings they find, living, wounded or dead are to be brought back to the castle immediately for treatment as seen fit by me. As for the other group of officers, they are to take their men and assist with reconstruction efforts wherever they are needed."
"Yes ma'am." Replied Shining, who prepared to inform his officers via magical telepathy of their orders. Unfortunately, in his haste to leave, he wasn't prepared for what came next. "And Shining? I believe that Twilight's parents should be informed of these events as soon as you are finished."
Shining stopped dead in his tracks, the equivalent of a spear slamming into his heart. That would mean telling his mother and father, Twilight Velvet and Night Light, of the events that had transpired since the rehearsal, and by the Creator, they would not take it well. Shining was snookered, and he knew it. How he wished that Death would be so merciful. Still, it needed to be done, and the stallion knew he could not forsake priorities for his own wellbeing. Such actions would be unworthy of his rank, as if he had not done enough to stain its honor already. "Of course ma'am." Shining replied grimly. Even though he was going to have his flank handed to him, the last thing he would ever do, under pain of death, was defy his princess. With no time to lose, he headed off to carry out his orders.
Meanwhile, Cadance and the Mane 5 were aboard the train which followed Twilight's to Ponyville. Inside their carriage, the mood was quite grim. Cadance was focused mostly on how Twilight was going to feel seeing the girls again. While the latter would be pleased to see her again, the presence of the girls would equate to a presence entering her home that was never welcome from the day they had first met. Obviously, Twilight would be irked at the presence of those who betrayed her and left her for dead, so Cadance knew that somehow she would have to explain things in such a way that Twilight's anger would subside, and she would listen. It was fortunate enough that Cadance already had Twilight's trust, given that she had no part in the betrayal, but she still had to ensure the latter was convinced enough to let the Mane 5 be heard. Turning to the girls, she decided to test them, in order to prepare them for what they were about to face.
"Ok girls, I trust you are all aware Twilight will not be pleased to see you?" "That kinda goes without sayin' Princess" Replied Applejack.
"Yeah. It's not like she didn't make that clear after we defeated Chrysalis" Added Rainbow in annoyance.
"Princess, I don't know about this. What are we going to tell Twilight?" Asked Rarity worriedly. She knew they couldn't afford to say something that would upset Twilight. That much was clear to the lot of them.
"I'll talk to her first Rarity, let her know you all feel terrible for what you did and you want to apologize. At the moment, Twilight only trusts me and Spike, so it's better if I talk to her. As for what you're going to tell her, I'm sure once the time comes, you will know what to say, and more importantly, how to say it. Twilight will forgive you girls. You just need to know how to get the message across."
"But that's the problem Princess." Rainbow cut in. "How are we going to get the message across with Twilight still mad at us?" "If it is any help Rainbow, I would advise you do not beat around the bush with her. Trust me girls, I've known Twilight for a long, long time. She doesn't like being tricked or lied to."
"Princess, you are aware Twilight isn't exactly innocent of her crimes either?" Rarity quipped cautiously. Unfortunately, she still managed to surprise the pink alicorn.
"What do you mean by that Rarity?"
"Nothing sinister darling. What I'm asking is if you know Twilight did something wrong as well?"
Cadance sighed deeply. Rarity had a point; Twilight did upset the bride, even though she was an impostor. To complicate matters, nopony knew the truth at the time, so by a technicality Twilight was as much at fault as the girls were. However, Cadance did take into account that while upsetting a bride before her wedding is an undeniably despicable act, the knowledge that the fate of Equestria was at stake managed to outweigh her crime, but only a little.
"I know that what she did wasn't exactly noble of herself either, but Rarity, you must understand. Twilight was trying to warn you of an impostor, even if it meant making a bride cry. Believe me, I spent a lot of time with her when she was a filly, and she would never do something like that without good reason."
"That's not the point Princess! Twilight barged into the rehearsal and accused.....well, you, of being evil with no proof to back up her claim. Do you seriously expect us to have just believed her out of blind loyalty?"
"There is blind loyalty, Rainbow, and then there is experience. Has Twilight ever been wrong about something before?"
The girls fell into an uneasy silence. Lesson Zero was the first thing that came into their minds, a testament to the weight of their collective failure. Still, somepony had to say it, and it fell to Rainbow to take up that mantle.
"Well, there was the time Twilight went crazy about her friendship reports to Princess Celestia. I don't know a whole lot about what happened, nor do I remember, but Twi went completely insane trying to find a problem to solve so she could write to Princess Celestia about her friendship lesson."
"It even got to the point where Twilight had to make a problem herself." Said Applejack. "She bewitched her Smartypants doll with a Want It Need It spell which made half of Ponyville, including Big Mac, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo rip each other apart trying to get it. Celestia had to personally go down there to restore order, not to mention speaking to Twilight about what happened."
"Did you defend Twilight then?" Cadance asked inquisitively.
"Of course we did!" Replied Rainbow confidently. "We weren't going to let Twilight be demoted back to Magic Kindergarten just like that!"
"We didn't listen to her when she tried to warn us" Added Fluttershy "So we knew we had to do something to help her."
"And anyway, that's what friends do!" Pinkie piped happily. "They forgive each other no matter what!"
This made Cadance lower a brow in question. "Then why did you not defend Twilight at the wedding rehearsal?"
Once more, the girls fell silent, unable to find an explanation for their actions. This was a very damning experience for them, but it was one they deserved for treating their best friend the way they did. Eventually, Applejack spoke up, having finally found something to say.
"I..........Oh Luna..........I don't know why we left her. I don't know what we were thinking. I....."
Applejack's voice began to waver as her normally iron will sagged, melting back into a puddle of regret. Everything she had been through, especially the part where Twilight drilled the thought of her untimely death into her head, had finally caught up with her. Unable to compose herself any longer, the cowpony started sobbing. Rarity moved to comfort her. They were all suffering equally as bad as she was, and thus they had to be there for each other and for Twilight especially. Cadance wasn't done though.
"Do you understand now why Twilight is so upset girls? Do you understand the motive behind her rage? Do you understand now that being the bridesmaids of the wedding corrupted your minds to the point where your cares and responsibilities faded into nonexistence?"
The Mane 5 looked at each other glumly, before nodding to Cadance. This make the pink alicorn smile warmly. The girls had succeeded in trying to understand Twilight's fury, and she had helped them to do it. Now they were ready to stand before her and say they were sorry. But most importantly, now they were ready to admit to the ponies of Canterlot they too were responsible for nearly letting the city fall to the Changelings, and now they were ready to do it with grace and humility.
"Then you are ready." Said Cadance firmly.
"Indeed we are Princess." Replied Rarity, who was still consoling the broken and remorseful Applejack. "Indeed we are."
"Next stop Ponyville!" Yelled out the conductor as the train whistled. The group was nearing Ponyville, and Cadance knew it was time for them to get ready.
"We're nearly there girls. Don't forget what you have learned!"
Before long, Applejack had managed to pull herself together.
With a sniffle from her snout, she fixed her Stetson and turned to face Cadance, a look of firm and hardy readiness on her face.
"Let's go and get our best friend back".
After a long and hard trudge through the Black Widow's Peaks, Chrysalis, along with what remained of her army and the prisoners they took from the Canterlot settlement arrived at the Changeling hive, one of the tallest peaks in the entire mountain range. From the numerous cracks and windows that dotted the structure, a sickly green light glowed, with trace amounts of smoke rising from them. The valley through which the convoy walked was dotted with rocks and boulders of all shapes and sizes, with the surrounding mountains acting as a perimeter wall which surrounded the hive. Standing before Chrysalis was a tall and thick stone gate, which opened immediately to reveal an equally tall iron portcullis. The Changelings bowed to greet their queen, before casting hard and menacing looks upon the line of prisoners that were marched inside. It wasn't long before Chrysalis reached her throne room, where Captain Black Blade, one of the many mid-ranked officers in the Changeling Army was waiting for her, along with her royal guard.
"Welcome back my Queen" Hissed Blade. "I hope you aren't hurt?"
"Just a few scars" Replied Chrysalis. "They will heal. Now, I want the prisoners, all the prisoners, to be rehabilitated. The army is in need of replenishment."
"Of course your Majesty" Blade hissed in response. "Changelings! Prepare the prisoners for their rehabilitation."
Amidst the cries and pleas of the terrified prisoners, Chrysalis sat atop her throne once more, the wounds from her landing fresh, but unbled. Her throne possessed the ability to channel the love from her prisoners into her body, giving her extra magic power and increased strength, a much needed boost considering the toll Cadance and Shining's spell took on her. Having settled in, Chrysalis decided to pass on some fresh orders to her officers.
"Major Shroud! Come." Barked Chrysalis. In response, Dark Shroud, another of Chrysalis's officers, and one of the most experienced in her army stepped forth.
"Your Majesty?" Asked Shroud, preparing his mind to take mental notes, regardless of length.
"You are in charge of the armory. I want my new Changelings to be equipped with the finest armours and weapons my blacksmiths can forge. Last time we merely harvested the love from the ponies and kept attacking. This time we harvest, and then we kill. This time, there can be no resistance to the might of the Changelings. You will also be in charge of drilling. I want the new army to be deadlier than before. Merciless, unforgiving, unwilling to spare even the smallest quarter."
"Thank you your Majesty." Hissed Shroud. "I will not fail you."
With that, Shroud left to get the blacksmiths to work. Chrysalis, on the other hoof, was not quite finished. Now that she had a man in charge of drilling and equipment, she needed somepony to command the home defense. There was no doubt in her mind that Celestia would retaliate for this particular assault, should it fail, but for whatever she would send to attack the Hive, be it her Guards or the Element Bearers (the latter being the more likely), or even if Canterlot was conquered but a small resistance movement had managed to infiltrate enemy lines in an attempt to assassinate her or even to attack the Hive, it was necessary to ready the home defences.
"Lieutenant Fang! Come forth at once!"
Fang stepped before Chrysalis, his eyes shimmering with anticipation. "How may I serve you your Majesty?"
"Lieutenant Fang, let it be known that this operation will be enacted on a size and scale greater than that of the first. We may either succeed and conquer Canterlot, or we may fail and be evicted once more, but once thing is for certain. Celestia will retaliate, and it will be her intent to destroy us as a force once and for all. The first step will be to attack the Hive, and therefore we must set up a home defence. I want you to lead it. Can you do that Fang?"
"It would be an honour, my Queen."
"Excellent. Lieutenant Fang, you are hereby dismissed."
With that, Fang departed the throne room, but not before bowing to Chrysalis, who prepared to issue the day's final orders. "Captain Blade!" Almost instantly, Blade returned to the throne room, always ready and eager to serve his queen. With no words, he awaited his orders. "Captain, I hereby bestow upon you the order of leading my forces in the assault on Canterlot, and any other town or villages I decide to conquer. As my most trusted lieutenant, I am sure you will not fail me." "Your Majesty, the word "failure" does not exist in my vocabulary. It never has and it never will, for as long as my heart beats, my brain thinks and my allegiance lies with you. I will run Canterlot into the ground, even if it takes my life." An evil and satisfied smile crept across the Changeling Queen's mouth. Black Blade's loyalty to her has never failed to impress. The only question that lingered, however, was how long would that loyalty last? "You are dismissed. Go now and assemble the army. I think they have marinated long enough. You will also find me your finest spy. I have a job for them." "Immediately!" Barked Blade, who ran off to prepare the freshly replenished Changeling Army. Chrysalis then stared into a green flame that burned at the side of her throne. Glaring into it, the flame produced a vision of Twilight in her library, reading through the lumps of friendship reports she and her former best friends had written over the months. They were nothing more than relics to her now, relics that celebrated a friendship she thoroughly enjoyed. At least, while it lasted anyway. Grinning evilly, Chrysalis held little care for such a plight. The only thing she cared about was how Twilight had provided her the perfect setup to launch a perfect, foolproof and failsafe assault on Canterlot. The Princess of Love, accompanied by the other five Element Bearers were heading to Ponyville in order to mend relations with the lavender unicorn, leaving Canterlot vulnerable to attack. Chrysalis had her enemies right where she wanted them, and it was all thanks to Twilight that this was possible. "Oh little Twilight Sparkle, I cannot imagine how much it must hurt to have been betrayed and left for dead by those you held close to your heart, those you loved. The pain must be excruciating, for want of a fitting word. On the other hoof, I can imagine how glorious victory will be when we storm the gates of Canterlot, and it is all thanks to you that this is possible! Now, do me a favour and try not to cry while I'm spying on you." In the background, Black Blade had returned with one of the best spies in the army, Snake Bite. Snake was renowned for his effectiveness on the field, particularly in espionage and marking targets for the army to eliminate. Entire towns and villages had fallen mostly by his hoof alone, hence why Blade saw fit to pick him for this job. "Your Majesty, may I present Snake Bite. The finest spy in my intelligence corps." Snake Bite bowed without a word. Chrysalis turned to look at the pair, before returning an affirmative nod to Blade.
"Thank you Lieutenant. You may go." Bowing to his queen, Blade departed the hall, leaving Snake Bite alone with Chrysalis. "Snake Bite, I have summoned your presence for a task of great importance. What you are about to hear is top secret, and absolutely nopony can know of it." Bracing himself, Snake Bite cued to Chrysalis he was ready to receive the intel. "My magic torch has revealed to me that the leader of the Element Bearers, Twilight Sparkle, has returned to her home in Ponyville following a fallout with her friends, her brother and Princess Celestia, her mentor, feeling hurt and betrayed by all of the previously mentioned. Celestia has since sent a delegation, made up of the Element Bearers, to Ponyville. They are led by Cadance, the Princess of Love and their mission is to broker a renewed peace with Twilight. I want you to go to Ponyville to keep an eye on the meeting. Once the Princess of Love has entered the treehouse, I want you to signal the battalion, which will be following you, to storm both the treehouse and the village, capture the Princess and bring her to the Hive. Anypony who attempts to resist or to rescue her is to be dealt with immediately. Once the Princess is captured, you are to flee the village and return to the Hive. In your disguise, try to look panicked and terrified. I don't care how you do it, just get out of Ponyville, but only when we have Cadance. Am I clear Snake Bite?" "Transparently."
Snake hissed gently.
"Excellent." Replied Chrysalis.
"Go now Snake Bite. The battalion will be waiting in the Everfree within moments of your arrival. With a quick and curt bow, Snake Bite flew off to Ponyville.
Back in Canterlot, Shining Armor had arrived at his and Twilight’s old family home with the orders to inform their parents, Twilight Velvet and Night Light of their current situation. The shamed former groom felt antsy about the whole ordeal; now he was beginning to wish he hadn’t taken on the extra order from Celestia.
He knew he'd have to tell them everything that happened including their betrayal and the invasion that followed their naivety and ignorance to her. He couldn’t bear to think of it any longer but he wanted to get it over with so they can quickly make amends to his own sister, the Element Bearer's best friend and Celestia's student they all scarred for life.Still, they had to know, so Shining knocked on the door and it opened to reveal his father Night Light. "Why Shining! So good to see you again!"
"Is that my Shining Armor?!" screamed Twilight Velvet from the kitchen. The unicorn mare, bearing a mane almost similar to Twilight's, raced to the door to greet her son.
"Oh honey! I'm so happy to see you, but shouldn't you be at the wedding?"
Shining’s heart sank deeper into his stomach. Night Light and Twilight Velvet were clearly delighted to see him and that made breaking the grave news of Twilight and Spike even harder to bear.
"The wedding's been called off", said Shining, trying to keep a straight face.
"Oh, well that's a shame", said Night Light, disappointed.
Shining knew his parents wouldn’t take the wedding rehearsal incident and the invasion well but he knew they would have to know sooner or later, even if it meant him, Celestia and Twilight’s friends all getting another tongue-lashing for their actions, not to mention it would be the third time in total he got criticism over it. Knowing that there was no escape, he took a deep breath and made his decision with a heavy heart. "Mom, Dad, I have some bad news"
"What is it honey?” asked Velvet, feeling concerned.
"It's......I’ll fill you in on everything inside", said Shining as they went into the living room.
Having settled himself in the living room, Shining gathered what remained of his steely nerves and what was left of his resolve to break the news to his parents. "Mom, Dad......" Night and Velvet leaned in close; whatever news he had was obviously bad. "What’s wrong, honey?" asked Velvet. Shining dug deep before finally letting it roll off his tongue. "Twilight has left the city with Spike". The aura around the room and the three ponies inside it shattered to pieces like a sonic boom. Velvet and Night could barely comprehend the news given to them. "Oh my Celestia, my poor Twiley!" cried Velvet.
"How did this happen?!" asked Night.
"Well, it's best that I start from the beginning….."
Shining proceeded to tell his parents of the events of the rehearsal, doing his utmost to retain his composure. On the other hoof, the levels of disbelief grew for both Night and Velvet as they took in every little bit of Shining's story. The part that struck them the hardest was when he scornfully scolded Twilight and cut her off from his life, Twilight's friends leaving her to melt into a puddle of misery and Princess Celestia stabbing the final dagger into her heart by saying what she said. "And that's why all this has happened." said Shining. "Twilight and Spike left, my bride hates me and called off the wedding and now I'm left to wonder if I really deserve to be Captain of the Royal Guard and be with Twilight.........my LSBFF, the pony I loved so much and missed every day before she returned........." Shining couldn't keep it together anymore and slowly wept. No one said a word until Velvet finally cut in, it was all too much for her to take. "Shining......how could you? How could you do such a thing?! Twilight was your own sister, your own flesh and blood! Why did you all push her aside for your own wedding and Cadence? You, her friends and her princess put her and all of Canterlot in jeopardy! You didn’t even give Spike a chance to choose the wedding or her!”
"Mom, please!" pleaded Shining in protest.
"I didn't know that she wasn't the real Cadence!
And for Celestia's sake, Twilight was ruthlessly accusing her of being evil to the point where she upsets her! How could you think I wouldn't stand against that?!"
"Either way Son, you have shamed your family." said the recomposed Night Light.
”Two wrongs never make a right and when I say that, I meant it doesn’t matter how out of order Twilight was when she confronted the queen. You had no right to berate her like that and that goes double for her friends and the Princess herself. The only reason we supported the wedding was so we can welcome Cadence, ours and Celestia’s own foalsitter and niece into the Sparkle family.
She made a difference in Twilight when she forgot about friendship after becoming Princess Celestia’s star protégée and you took her love for you for granted. By cutting off your ties with her and brushing off her warnings, you nearly brought upon Equestria’s ultimate destruction." "I know Dad", sighed Shining.
“But what was I supposed to do? I mean, I know Twilight was only looking out for us and she was worried for me but the way she barged in with no proof to back up her reasoning, I couldn't tell whether or not she was trying to destroy the wedding or shatter our friendship.” “It doesn’t matter anymore. You have already done enough as it is to destroy our daughter and so did the Princess and her friends”, reminded Velvet, still in tears. Shining could only hang his head deeper from the truth in her words. “Mom……”
"Son, if I were you, know this: I'd be thinking about the apology you’ll say to your sister when the time comes and you’ve plenty of time to do it. If it comes without heart or feeling, I promise you that she will never forgive neither you nor her friends and the Princess. You’re all responsible for this and it’s only fair that a truly heartfelt apology is delivered if you want her and Spike to come around. Because of your foolishness, our dear Twilight will be lost. Do you understand, Shining Armor Sparkle?" asked Night with a hint of disappointment.
"Yes Dad." Replied Shining sadly. Night Light turned to comfort his wife and left Shining to return to Celestia and carry on with his orders in shame. His parents literally didn’t take the news well and with the warning still buzzing in his head like a flock of angry parasprites, Shining began walking back to the palace, knowing he'd have to report to Princess Celestia Night and Velvet’s warning. The reality was obvious: While they thankfully hadn't signed their death warrants, Shining, the Mane 5 and Celestia had condemned themselves to this hell they were living. Meanwhile, Cadance and the Mane 5 had arrived at Golden Oaks Library, only to find the tall but humble treehouse shut up tight and covered by a large shield, which Cadance was quick to recognize as a spell cast by Twilight to keep out any unwelcome visitors, namely her former best friends. However, Cadance sensed there was something off about the shield. The colour was the same as Twilight's magical aura, a reddish hue of purple, but it also contained a dark tint. The pink alicorn could tell this shield was no ordinary shield spell. When it was cast, the shield was laced with traces of hatred and anger. Not only did it give off the obvious signs all was not right with Twilight, but it also made the shield stronger. The group was intimidated, but only a little. "Whoa nelly, would y'look at that?" Said Applejack, admiring the sight. "This shield spell contains traces of Twilight's anger, hence it's dark coloring" Said Cadance grimly. "The poor mare must be a mess in there." Taking a moment to test the shield's strength, Applejack knocked a hoof against it. Indeed, it was rock solid. "Eeyup, there ain't nothing in Equestria that's going to break this shield." The cowpony confirmed glumly. "To Tartarus with the shield! Twilight needs us, and we're getting to her one way or another!" Yelled Rainbow, who proceeded to charge the shield at lightspeed. "No Rainbow!" Cried Cadance, but it was too late. The group cringed and groaned in unison as Rainbow hit the shield with a sickening thud, before sliding down to the ground. While she failed to break the shield, Rainbow had certainly gained somepony's attention as the doors to the treehouse balcony opened. Stepping through them was Spike. "What's going on here!? State your business!" Spike barked firmly. The Mane 5 were shocked to see that the baby dragon had taken on such a strict form, but Cadance remained unbowed by such an appearance.
"Spike, we'd like to speak to Twilight."
"Sorry Cadance. We'll let you in, but they are not allowed on this property!" Spike roared, pointing a finger at the Mane 5 as he did so.
"Spike, please understand! The girls are sorry and they wish to apologise to Twilight personally!"
There was a brief pause as Spike registered what he had just heard. While his stance remained unchanged, he was willing to lend an ear to Cadance's plea. "Is this true?"
"Yes. We have gone through much deliberation together, which led to the conclusion that because of the girl's collective incompetence, along with that of my husband-to-be and my aunt, Twilight would have very much gone to her death, followed by the ponies of Equestria. They now recognize that they made a terrible mistake and they wish to make amends however possible." Another brief pause followed, before Spike made the decision to report to Twilight.
"Wait here. I need to check with Twilight."
"Take as much time as you both need Spike. We'll be waiting." With that, Spike went back inside, the doors closing behind him. This left the group with little else to do other than ironing out any flaws in their apology speech. Unbeknownst to them, a Changeling disguised as a tanned yellow pegasus stallion, replete with a brown mane and tail had walked into town, and was quietly observing them. The minutes passed by, and eventually the balcony doors re-opened, Spike emerging from them once more.
"Everypony can come in, but no tricks or merriment. Twilight is not in the mood to be messed with."
With that, Spike walked back inside. As he did so, the balcony doors shut and the shield disappeared into the thin air. The girls proceeded inside, the front door open, but Cadance could still sense the traces of rage embedded within the shield's structure. It was making her apprehensive, but her overall mood was not shaken. Equestria needed Twilight back at the helm of the Elements, and this was probably the only chance they'd get to fix things. The Mane 5 did indeed regret everything; now was their opportunity to prove it.
The Mane 5, with Cadance in tow, entered the main room of the library. Spike was standing atop the stairwell, his face clearly marked with suspicion. There was no trusting the girls, considering the magnitude of what they had done to Twilight at the rehearsal, but it remained to be seen if there was any credibility in their desire to apologize, and even if their apology was solid enough to prove their remorse.
"I'll go and get Twilight. Please wait here."
As Spike left to fetch Twilight, Cadance decided to ensure that the girls knew what they had to say, and more importantly how to say it. "Feeling nervous girls?"
Four voices hummed in agreement. One did not, and that was Rarity.
"Nervous?" Replied the alabaster unicorn. "I'm shaking like a leaf. Could this be the most important moment in our lives? Celestia please help us."
Cadance's face produced a frank expression. Not only was this the most important moment of the Mane 5's lives, but it was quite possibly the most important moment in Equestrian history. The fate of all ponykind depended on these talks, and Cadance could only wonder how this fact couldn't be more obvious to anypony in general apart from herself and the girls. Just then, Spike stepped down the stairs. Following behind him was a sight that made the group tense up nervously.
It was Twilight.
Her expression was calm, but serious. There wasn't a hint of delight or joy traceable on her face or in her soul. Nothing could get past the stony hardness of her gaze, but the worst of all? The obvious coldness that the group could feel radiating off her. She was still very ticked off at the Mane 5, not just because they were invading her space, but also because she couldn't trust them to walk out on her again. Still, her mindset was very much like Spike's; it remained to be seen if the Mane 5 regretted their actions at all, therefore now was the time to prove it. The first gaze she cast was at Cadance, to whom she smiled. "Hello Cadance."
"Hello Twilight." Cadance replied calmly. A small part of the pink alicorn was disappointed about the lack of a hoofshake, but it was completely understandable. Furthermore, the want of a hoofshake at this time would have been utter folly. Greater matters such as this always overruled the minor details, a fact Cadance did not forget. Returning to the matter at hoof, Twilight spoke up next.
"You need not explain to me why you and them are here. Spike filled me in on everything, especially the part where those five backstabbers wish to apologize."
"Take that back Twilight! That was uncalled fer!" Applejack barked angrily.
"Everypony calm down!" Urged Fluttershy. "Twilight, have you forgotten why we're here?"
"No Fluttershy, I haven't. While I will not apologize for that remark, nor will I take it back, I will listen. You want to say sorry? Go ahead."
"Ok Twilight." Cadance interjected. "Girls, remember what you learned. Oh, and by the way Twilight. Aunt Celestia asked me to tell you that if you wish to seek a private audience with her, you are more than welcome to do so. She, too, is sorry for betraying you, and she is willing to settle the matter using any method possible."
"Thank you Cadance. Tell her I will seek an audience when the time is right."
Nodding in response, Cadance signalled to the Mane 5 for somepony to make a move. Despite being originally hesitant, Applejack quickly swallowed her sorrows and stepped up to the plate. "Twilight, I won't fool around with you. It was my own darned pride that led me to abandon my loyalty. It was my pride that convinced me to leave my best friend so I could follow after the Queen of them Changeling thugs, who I foolishly believed to be the real Princess Cadance. It was my pride!.........that made me betray you Sugarcube. Fer that, I will never forgive myself. I don't deserve your forgiveness, heck, I don't deserve nothing from you. When I betrayed our friendship, I betrayed everything I stood for, and I deeply regret it."
"It wasn't just you that betrayed our friendship Applejack." Rarity added.
"We all betrayed it. We all betrayed you Twilight. It was thanks to Cadance, in part, that we now realize the magnitude of our sins. Everything we had been through together, all those friendship lessons we had learned, we threw them out the window as if they were trash. Applejack wasn't the only one who betrayed everything she stood for, we did as well."
"Of course, the damage that was caused to our friendship is only half the battle." Rainbow added. "The next part is much worse, and it is dreadful to even contemplate. When we betrayed you, the connection between us as the Elements of Harmony was critically damaged to the point where they could not be used. If you and Cadance hadn't intervened, there would have been no saving Canterlot. Chrysalis would have revealed her deception and conquered the city in one swift stroke, and the blood of thousands of innocent ponies would have been on our hooves." "We also failed our Elements." Said Fluttershy. "The Elements chose us because we were supposed to be the physical representations of what they stood for. I failed the Element of Kindness because I failed to show you any compassion."
"I failed the Element of Laughter because I chose not to cheer you up." Added Pinkie. "Which is something I intend to fix immediately, because I'm planning a super special We're-Sorry-For-Betraying-You party just for you!"
"I failed the Element of Loyalty because I did not stand by you when it was needed most." Said Rainbow. "Instead, I let the glamour of being a bridesmaid and the excitement of doing a Sonic Rainboom go to my head. I wasn't going to let them go, so I chose to betray my best friend in favour of a bug."
"I failed the Element of Generosity because I was not generous enough to show you that I still cared about you." Added Rarity. "All I cared about at that point was being a bridesmaid, and the added honour of mingling with Canterlot's nobility."
"And I failed the Element of Honesty because when we wrote that friendship report, we were supposed to have learned an important lesson. That lesson was to never ignore the concerns of your friends, no matter how small. But we did, so in all honesty, we can chalk that up to being a big fat lie. Twilight, we stand here before you, remorseful and ashamed of what we have done. It is with honest hearts that we apologize for abandoning you when you needed us most. We hope you can forgive us."
In unison, the Mane 5 bowed their heads sadly. Tears began to flow from their eyes and everything, but most importantly, the last word had fallen to Twilight. There was silence, and for a time, nothing seemed to be happening. That was until the nut finally cracked. Twilight bowed her head as well, Spike and Cadance looking up to notice her movements. As she did so, tears began flowing freely from her eyes. She was sobbing, just loud enough for the Mane 5 to look up one by one in surprise. They did not know that Twilight, too, had something to apologize for. The latter looked back up again, her stony facade pulled down to reveal the same broken mare they had last seen in the wedding hall. "Girls......" Sobbed Twilight.
"You have nothing to be sorry for. It is I who should be remorseful and ashamed."
"Why is that darling?" Asked Rarity.
"Well.......what if I was wrong?"
"About what?" Spike piped up. Taking a moment to sniffle again, Twilight laid down her sins before them. " What if I was wrong about the impostor? What if that really was Cadance? Do you have any idea what would have happened to me if..........."
Twilight sobbed harder, the group watching on in stunned silence. Now it was clear to them just how much Twilight valued her friendship with them, as well as her relationship with her brother and with Celestia. She loved them all very dearly, which explained the great pain she was feeling. Suddenly, Fluttershy walked over to Twilight. The latter looked up at her, waterfalls flowing down from her eyes. With little hesitation, the yellow pegasus embraced Twilight in a hug, silencing any further sobbing.
It was as if time had stopped completely, the pain and trauma of the world melted by the warmth of Fluttershy's kindness. This was the latter's ultimate redemption.
"Twilight, it doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that we are sorry for what we did, and all we want now is for us to be friends again. We want this to end on good terms, that is all. There is nothing more we desire than this."
With those words, Twilight melted into Fluttershy like ice over a warm fire. She was crying tears of both despair and joy.
The rest of the Mane 5, along with Cadance and Spike, joined the hug, doing all in their power to console the distraught unicorn.
"Please don't leave me." Twilight whimpered sadly. "Please don't leave me......."
"Shh Sugarcube." Said Applejack soothingly. "We won't leave you ever again." That was the way things were for the time being. The outside world didn't matter anymore. For now it was just Twilight, huddled in a warm embrace with those she loved and held dear. There was nothing that could ruin this moment, absolutely nothing. It was just them against the world.
Meanwhile, Snake Bite was maintaining his cover from outside. He had witnessed Cadance and the Mane 5 enter the treehouse, and had also contacted Black Blade for permission to engage. However, Blade ordered Snake to hold position for a little while longer, so as to not make things seem suspicious. Fortunately enough for the elite Changeling spy, he did not have to wait long as around the same time Twilight and company had embraced each other in a hug, Blade soon reported back via telepathy.
"Snake, this is Lieutenant Blade. Engagement at this time is a no-go. Maintain your cover and I will report back when the time to attack is right."
"Understood Lieutenant. Should we find somewhere to billet for the time being?"
"Affirmative. Same goes for Sergeant Tone and his men." "Roger. Snake Bite out."
With that, Snake turned his attention to Icy Tone, who was comfortably hidden in the brush behind him.
"Sergeant, Lieutenant Blade has given us orders to billet here for the time being. We cannot attack until he says to. Disguise yourselves and your men, and we will go hide somewhere nopony will find us."
"What place would that be Snake?" Tone asked flatly. "There's nowhere in the town we can hide. Somepony would probably catch us."
"Exactly." Replied Snake. "Which is why I suggest we hide in the Everfree Forest. Nopony usually goes in there, and it would provide the perfect cover for us to carve out a plan while we wait for the moment to strike."
"I like your thinking Snake." Tone replied, convinced. "Ok men, engage your disguises. We make for the Everfree. Try not to look suspicious. Remember, we are tourists visiting the town. If anyone asks, we are from Baltimare."
Nodding to their sergeant, the Changeling troops assumed their disguises, as did Icy Tone and Snake Bite. Together they moved out of the brush, making their way southeast toward the Everfree. As they made their way past Town Hall and through the daily market, nopony even paid them a passing glance. Snake grinned. Their disguises were as solid as their nerves. It wasn't long before they reached the bridge that crossed into the treacherous woodland. Whatever perils lay inside did little to faze the nerves of the Changelings. They had a job to do, and they would get it done.
Meanwhile, Canterlot was buzzing with activity. The Royal Guard was out and about, not only patrolling the streets to find and arrest any Changeling stragglers, but to assist with repair and resettlement efforts. Many of the city's buildings were damaged in the fighting, particularly by Changeling pegasi divebomb attacks, and much of the populace was displaced in the chaos. Celestia had tasked Luna to occasionally broadcast an announcement for any and all displaced ponies to meet inside the castle's Hall of Neighyeux, where they would be briefed on the situation of their household. If the damage was too great, they would then be assigned a temporary settlement, and led there by a designated Royal Guard soldier. If the damage wasn't so substantial, then the ponies in question would be allowed to return home. All this was as per Shining Armor's orders to get Canterlot back to working capacity. As for the stallion himself, he and his officers were gathered in the castle's war room, where they were coordinating patrol routes, reconstruction efforts and new areas of temporary resettlement. Shining was talking with one of his officers, Lieutenant Blue Hue, when a runner came up to him and handed him a letter. After thanking the runner, who left the war room immediately, Shining read the letter, which was sent from the village attacked by the Changelings moments earlier. It described how Chrysalis and her Changelings had attacked the village and completely incapacitated and harvested the Royal Guard garrison stationed there before setting the village's homes alight, capturing the residents and harvesting those who tried to resist. Unnerved, but not visibly so, Shining decided to make an announcement to his officers. Stepping up on the pedestal, Shining braced himself as the personnel present in the room began to look up at him.
"Attention everypony! One of our garrisons was attacked and defeated by Chrysalis and the remnants of her army. According to intelligence that was given to me just this very moment, I believe the Changelings are planning a revenge assault on the city. If you know of any of their movements, let me know immediately! We must plan for a defensive operation in advance. Understood?"
"Yes sir!" Was the collective response from the gathered war room personnel.
"Good. Back to work everypony."
With that, the war room returned to its usual activity. As for Shining, he felt it was best Celestia was informed of this development. He decided to give Blue Hue the directive to watch over war room operations while he was gone.
"Lieutenant, I must inform the Princess of the attack on the settlement.
Can you take care of things here?" "With pleasure sir!" Replied the lieutenant happily.
"Thanks Hue. I won't be long." With that, Shining left the war room. Trotting through the castle's long and myriad hallways, he finally came across Celestia's private study, guarded by two of his men. "State your business." One of the guards said gruffly.
"I wish to inform Princess Celestia of an attack on our subjects." Replied Shining.
"Proceed" Answered the Guard, who proceeded to open his door to the study. His partner did the same, before stepping back to allow Shining access. The latter walked inside the study, where he found Celestia at her desk, filing through a mess of papers which lay before her. She was deep in thought, as well as misery. No doubt the events from earlier were still taking a hefty toll on her mind. Just before Shining could salute the monarch, he heard her quill stop writing.
"What is it you want?" The sun princess spoke glumly. Shining proceeded to salute before answering.
"Your Majesty, I wish to inform you of an attack on one of the settlements outside the city." "Were there any survivors?"
"Only the Royal Guard garrison ma'am. However, they were completely harvested. A search party found their commander frozen solid. There were no villagers though. It was apparent that the Changelings had taken them prisoner."
A brief silence took hold as Celestia registered the news, before resuming her job.
"Any other news captain?"
"No ma'am. Aside from that, there's nothing else to report."
"Very well. Captain, may I talk to you in private?"
"Of course your Majesty."
Shining expected Celestia to begin talking, but instead the solar alicorn rose from her perch before motioning to the stallion to accompany her out of the study. With little hesitation, Shining followed Celestia through the doors, the guards saluting as she went. With a reciprocating nod and salute (respectively), the two ponies proceeded through the halls of the castle up to Celestia's private bedchambers, two rows of guards watching over the hall leading to both Celestia and Luna's rooms. The two princesses stayed close so that one could be there for the other in times of distress, but for now that was not to be as Luna was monitoring reconstruction efforts down in the city. Passing through the massive double doors that led to the junction connecting both sister's bedchambers, Celestia led Shining through the door on the right. What greeted the Guard Captain was a sight he had seen often enough, but still awe-inspiring in it's visage.
The walls, floor and roof were cast marble, a red carpet stretching from the door to Celestia's bed, equally an impressive sight as the room itself. Furnishing the room was Celestia's wardrobe, a study where she kept endless amounts of correspondence, particularly from Twilight and her friends, a mirror as high as the tip of the alicorn's horn and a rather extravagant grandfather clock, designed using the wood from an oak tree to create a working celebration of the sun, which crowned the head of the clock. Shining's thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of Celestia throwing herself atop her bed, dispirited and miserable. The dreadful events of the rehearsal were still eating away at her heart, not least that of Shining or any of the other parties involved in the fiasco.
"How could I have been so blind Shining?" Celestia moped, acknowledging her captain's first name for the first time in a long time.
"That is a question I am tormented with every day ma'am." Replied Shining, equally as sorrowful. However, he was met with no answer as it turned out Celestia had fallen asleep. The captain was debating whether to watch over her or leave her in peace, but before he could make up his mind, Celestia suddenly let out a distressed whimper. Unbeknownst to Shining, the Solar Princess was entering a nightmare. You have a lot to think about.......
Celestia started tossing and turning, her hooves planting themselves against her temples. Her eyes and teeth were clenched shut in pain and she was letting out groans that would rend one's heart irrevocable. Concerned for his princess, Shining tried waking her up. "Princess! Wake up! Please wake up!"
You have a lot to think about......
"No, please!" Celestia cried. "There was no way I could have known...........I did everything I could!"
"Celestia, please wake up!" Cried Shining.
You have a lot to think about-bout-bout-bout-bout-bout..........
Things were building to a climax as Celestia's eyes and teeth clenched tighter and tighter with every passing second.
Suddenly, a voice that sounded like Twilight ripped through the Princess's ears.
HOW COULD YOU BETRAY ME?! Celestia screamed in her Royal Canterlot Voice as she woke. The sound was so loud that it caused everything made of glass in the room (along with Shining's eardrums) to shatter. The Guard Captain immediately tried to calm down Celestia as best as he could.
"Princess! Please calm down! I'm begging you!" Eventually, Celestia got a hold of herself. Panting heavily, she turned to face Shining, tears streaming down her face.
"It's OK Princess, I'm here for you."
That was all it took for Celestia to collapse into Shining, sobbing in despair. Although taken aback, Shining settled into his role, doing his best to soothe the tormented alicorn. Behind him, the doors flung open to reveal Celestia's Royal Guards, with Luna following closely behind.
"We heard the scream............"
One of the guards panted gruffly.
"We hurried......." "It's alright everypony." Shining assured the company.
"The Princess just had a bad dream."
"Let me see my sister captain." Luna spoke softly. "Of course Princess." Said Shining, who stepped aside to allow Luna to comfort her distraught sister.
"Why?" Sobbed Celestia. "Why did I ever doubt her?" "Shh, it's OK big sister." Whispered Luna, comforting her sister. "It's going to be OK." After a little while, Celestia managed to recompose herself, with a request to boot. "Luna, guards, I wish to talk with Captain Armor alone."
"Is there a problem sister?"
"No Luna. Shining shares the same pain I do. Only he knows why I grieve at this time, and therefore I request that we be given our peace." "I understand." Replied Luna respectfully.
"Guards, let's go. The Princess requests a moment alone with the captain."
The guards immediately saluted, before giving Luna the lead out of the room. They followed behind her, closing the doors as they left. Sniffling her tears up her nostrils, Celestia turned to face Shining.
"I am sure you do not need an explanation as to my sadness, Captain Armor."
"No ma'am. I understand why you are upset." With another sniffle, Celestia recalled what she had sent Shining out to do. "Have you completed your missions Captain?"
"Yes ma'am. my commanders are deploying their troops to assist construction efforts and seek out any Changeling stragglers. I have also informed my parents of Twiley's situation."
"What was their reaction?" Shining sighed deeply. It was a difficult task to remember what Night Light had told him. Not the sort of difficult where Shining could not recall Night's exact words, but the sort of difficult where emotions and mentality were concerned.
"They were shocked and angered by what I told them. They even issued the warning that if we fail to apologize to Twilight properly, then she may never forgive us again."
Once more Celestia felt her heart shatter, and this made her feel worse; she and the Sparkle couple had been great friends since the day after they first met, but when it was announced to them that Twilight was to become her star pupil, Velvet had immediate reservations as Twilight was so precious to her as well as Night. Celestia assured her she would be fine under her tutoring and she held that for years but the moment she and the others betrayed Twilight, she broke that promise. It did not take much to deduce that the trust a student held in her teacher now lay in tatters. "Is there anything we can do to make them realize we truly regret our mistakes?”
“I don’t think so, I destroyed my family’s honor because of my betrayal and our naivety. I think the best thing to do right now is to leave them alone until they had time to take in what I told them. I only hope we can all come up with an apology sincere enough to save Twilight from her grudge against us, all of us…..”
Celestia wanted to personally tell Night Light and Twilight Velvet that she, Shining and her student’s friends are all sorry for what they did to Twilight and assure them of their rekindled friendships as soon as possible, but the chances of their blessings and for the chat were slim. Meanwhile, very much unbeknownst to Celestia, Luna had taken the decision to head off to the Sparkle family home. Her ability to see into ponies dreams had also refined her ability to sense their emotions as well.
At present, Luna could sense that the Sparkle parents were distressed and angry. Shining's actions had badly damaged their honor, something the family had proudly carried and improved from generation to generation. This had left them both hurt and furious, emotions which Luna knew full well would suppurate and fester within their souls. Emotions which, once they took hold, would give way to malice, evil and nightmares, an experience which consumed the Lunar Princess herself. Knowing the Tartarus she went through, Luna felt that it would be wrong to leave them fall into the cold icy grip of darkness without so much as a hoof to pull them out. Thus, she decided to take it upon herself to talk things out with them.
"I will not leave anypony to fall victim to the same force that once held me, certainly not this night, nor any other. I will ensure that the Sparkle parents do find peace, or may I be damned to Tartarus for my failure."
With that, Luna spread her wings, before flying off into the distance. Back at the library, Twilight's sobs were beginning to slow. The Mane 5 backed off to give her some breathing space.
"So Sugarcube, will y'have us as friends again?"
Twilight had eventually stopped sobbing, her emotional wounds partially healed by the warmth handed unto her by the Mane 5. However, her memories did not betray her. It was still clear within the depths of her mind; how harsh her brother was toward her, and how her so-called friends thought it right to walk out on her with no sign of pity or consolation. The worst of it was from Celestia, whom Twilight idolised and worshipped even as a foal.
One could even say Twilight loved Celestia just as equally as she loved her mother. But in that fateful moment, everything changed. Not only did Celestia abandon her, but she stabbed her with a proverbial dagger through her heart. The words "You have a lot to think about" continued to ring throughout the young unicorn's head, a constant reminder of her loved one's betrayal. It was because of this her mind was made up already.
"Applejack, you should know it's too early for me to forgive you. I appreciate you've come all this way just to try to make it up to me, but I'm not ready. It's too soon."
The Mane 5's ears collectively drooped in disappointment.
"We understand darling." Replied Rarity.
"Take as much time as you need."
"But it can't be too long, right?" Pinkie piped up.
"After all, we need you to lead the Elements of-mmph!"
Pinkie's mouth was immediately sealed shut by the force of four hooves desperate to stop her from making things worse. Unfortunately, it was too late.
"Is that it?" Asked Twilight, shocked.
"Is that why you've come here?! To make me be Celestia's attack dog again?!!
" "Twilight please! It's not like that!" Cried Applejack, trying to defuse the situation.
"I knew it. I knew I couldn't trust you, yet I let my merciful nature get the better of me! I want you, ALL OF YOU, to get out of my house at once. And don't come back unless you want to be my friends again!"
With that, Twilight galloped back upstairs, utterly offended. Spike looked back at the girls, angered. His strict side came to the fore once more. Before him, the girl's faces were clear expressions of shock and dismay, so too was Cadance's. The pink alicorn was hoping for a better outcome than the one which had transpired. "You heard her. Don't come back until you're ready to be Twilight's friends again."
The girls did not move a muscle, stuck in a shocked trance. Cadance was left with the job of escorting them out.
"Come on girls, let's go." With that, the Mane 5 began to move out of the treehouse, one by hesitant one. Once they had walked clear of the structure, Twilight's shield spell covered it once more. From her bedroom, the unicorn could be heard sobbing.
"Oh Celestia, how are we going to fix this mess?" Fluttershy whimpered anxiously.
Things did not go as hoped for Applejack and the rest of the Mane 5. They were doing so well to get back on Twilight's good side but then Pinkie (unintentionally) opened her big mouth about the Elements of Harmony and now they were back to Square One. Cadance was taken by surprise at how quickly the plan went belly-up, but as a firm believer in Twilight, she knew the latter would still allow room for a second chance. They had to try again, but it was just a matter of how.
"Come on girls, you did well the first time. It was just a slip of the tongue. Accidents do happen. There's still a chance for you to make up with Twilight. All you need to do is think of a Plan B, something that can make and have Twilight understand how sorry you really are." Applejack cried silently.
She looked about ready to give up "But we were so close to getting her back! I know we did try but it's just not enough. She's even madder now."
"Yeah, we screwed up big time." Added Rainbow.
"It's as simple as that. We all chose that stupid bug over our best friend, that's how we repaid Twilight for all the fun times we've had together. How are we gonna be friends with her again if we can't forgive ourselves?!"
The other girls silently nodded as they cried; even if they were to try again, the same result will be apparent and they didn't want that if they were going to get Twilight to be their friend once again. Cadance knew they had to do something and fast; the changelings and Chrysalis were still at large and if they don't get Twilight back as their best friend and the Element of Magic back in full swing, the Elements would remain inactive and Equestria would still be open to attack. Meanwhile, Rarity had managed to pull herself together. Not forgetting her strong sense of generosity, she decided to offer Cadance somewhere to sleep for the night.
"Princess, it's getting late. Would you care to stay with me for the time being?"
Cadance took a moment to consider Rarity's offer. She wondered if she should stay with Twilight, just to watch over her, but she felt that perhaps it would be an invasion of her privacy, and anyway, Spike was there for her, so it was best she served only as a mediator between the two sides.
"I'd love to. Thank you for the offer Rarity."
"Anytime darling. We couldn't be more grateful for your help."
"First thing's first though, I should probably go check on Twilight, make sure she's OK. As for you girls, you should probably go home and get some sleep. You're going to need it, because there are long and trying days ahead. Rarity, I'll meet you at Carousel Boutique."
With that, the girls bade each other farewell, before returning to their homes. Cadance headed back to the library to help Twilight and Spike cool off, Rainbow went back to her cloud house in Cloudsdale, the mission to repair the broken bond with Twilight stuck firmly in her mind. However, despite her sureness Rainbow could not shake off the nagging of her conscience, which continued to question her loyalty towards Twilight. No matter how hard she tried to ignore it, it throbbed away in her mind like the many bruises she sustained from her numerous crash-landings. Rarity, meanwhile, had a relatively peaceful journey back to her place of business, but she also had a feeling it would be a while before Twilight will forgive her and the other girls.
Pinkie Pie went back to Sugarcube Corner and her spirits were lifted by the Cakes and their children greeting her happily. Unfortunately her mind would not serve the same purpose, constantly tormenting her with the still fresh memories of herself and the girls abandoning Twilight at the rehearsal and her subsequent reaction following the victory over the Changelings. Fluttershy returned to her cottage and carried on her duties to her animal friends but all the while, she thought about Twilight and how much she had been hurt behind her and the others' backs. Just thinking about her down in the caves, cold, heartbroken, alone and dying while they were all caught up in the happiness of the false wedding and then Chrysalis taking over and her army wreaking havoc across Equestria, especially Ponyville, without their best friend to help stop their greatest enemy brought tears of shame to her eyes. Worse still, she couldn't comprehend just how little she cared for Twilight, compared to the amount of love and attention she gives to her animal friends daily. It left a horrible panging feeling in her heart as once more, the magnitude of her and the girl's collective actions hit home. Angel tried his best to comfort her, not knowing the reason behind his master's sorrow. Applejack, meanwhile, slowly trudged back to Sweet Apple Acres, saddened and dejected. Her efforts to try to pick herself up were in vain, as no matter how hard she tried to put it behind her, temporarily or otherwise, her own memories always found a way back to the forefront of her mind. It was frustrating her to no end. Eventually, she reached the gateway to the family's apple orchard, most of the trees lacking the apples which commonly hung from their branches. It was obvious to the cowpony that Big Mac had been busy. As quietly as she could, she made her way back to her bedroom. Interestingly enough, neither Granny Smith nor Big Mac were anywhere to be seen, but that mattered little to Applejack. She just wanted to cry, if it meant getting all of that stress out of her system. Eventually, she reached the door to her room and opened it. Wracked with grief, Applejack flopped onto her bed in tears, but not before hurriedly hanging up her trademark Stetson. The poor mare was exhausted, having gone through so much up to this point. If it was any consolation, although she did not know it at the time, Applejack was not the only one experiencing a restless night. Pinkie and Fluttershy were also crying in their sleep, Rainbow was tossing and turning, her attempts to wear out her body coming to nothing. Rarity was the only one who was sleeping the easiest of them all, but only because she had managed to maintain her composure. One thing was for certain, the girls had a tough job ahead of them, and it did not seem likely they'd succeed, given the charges against them.
Meanwhile, Princess Luna had flown out from Canterlot Castle to the home of Twilight Velvet and Night Light. The aura she was sensing was undeniably strong, and bitter in feeling. The couple were furious at Celestia and the Mane 5, and respectively angry at Shining for treating Twilight the way they did, and Luna could tell the level of anger they felt was potent enough to allow the Nightmare Forces to exploit it and subsequently corrupt them, therefore she had to act quickly so as to deliver them from evil. The Lunar Princess knocked on the door, Twilight Velvet wasting no time in answering. However, the pony she opened the door to was unlike anypony she could've possibly expected, her eyes going wide and her jaw dropping to denote her shock.
"Good evening Lady Velvet. May I come in?" Something snapped in Velvet's mind, and at once the unicorn bowed before the slightly bemused Luna.
"Princess Luna? What....why are you here?"
"Be at ease, Lady Velvet. I have come here to undertake important business. May I come in?" "Please, by all means!" Replied Velvet, making room for Luna to enter.
"Night Light! Princess Luna is here!" Night Light immediately hurried to the front door, before bowing to greet the princess. "Good evening Princess Luna. You honour us with your presence."
"Thank you for your gratitude Sir Light." Replied Luna, who walked inside. "May we bring you anything Princess?" Asked Twilight Velvet.
"That will not be necessary." Replied Luna. "I have no time to lose. I must speak with the both of you immediately."
Both Night and Velvet looked at each other nervously, before returning their attention to Luna. "Of course your highness. Please follow us to the living room." Replied Velvet anxiously. She wondered what could be so important that the Princess needed to speak to her personally. The elephant in the room (Shining's betrayal of Twilight) seemed the obvious reason, but it was anypony's guess. Anyway, the three ponies seated themselves in the living room, both Night and Velvet bracing themselves for whatever Luna had to say.
"Lady Velvet, Sir Light, the reason I am here is of great importance. As you know, my job as the Princess of the Night is to watch over my subjects as they sleep, and ensure their dreams do not cause them distress or harm. This has refined my ability to also sense ponies' aura."
"Aura? What is that?" Asked Velvet curiously.
"Aura is the energy which is generated from a pony's emotions. It changes depending on how they are feeling at any given time."
"I see. Please continue."
"Lady Velvet, Sir Light, the reason I am here is because of your aura."
Luna's remark made the couple raise their brows in surprise.
"I understand you are both angry because of a recent incident involving your son and daughter, plus her friends and my sister. Could you explain the basics of what happened?"
Velvet and Night looked at each other, shuffling anxiously as they did so, before deciding it was best if the former explained what happened. Taking a deep breath, Velvet braced herself.
"Well.......basically what happened is that Twilight was concerned about Princess Cadance, who was due to be married to our son, Shining Armor, at the time.You see Princess, the Princess Cadance that Twilight was so concerned about was not the real one. She was the Changeling Queen in disguise, and she was secretly preparing an invasion of Canterlot by her army. She tried explaining to her friends, but they dismissed her concerns as mere wedding stress. Twilight then tried to confront the impostor openly, but the impostor pretended to cry so as to maintain her cover. It worked to dreadful effect; Shining disowned Twilight as a sister and Best Mare, all five of her friends walked out on her and even Celestia showed no compassion. Not only did they emotionally scar our beloved daughter, they left her vulnerable and helpless. The Changeling Queen later returned to dispose of her by sealing her in the caves beneath the castle, so as to ensure she would not meddle with her plans again. Do you realize, Princess, that had Twilight not found the real Cadance, who was also imprisoned down there, they could have both died? And in Twilight's case, alone, afraid, and very hurt?"
Luna nodded firmly. She knew what it was like to be cast aside into the background, although that technically wasn't what really happened between her and Celestia. Nonetheless, it was easy to see why this was such a serious incident.
"The wedding did go ahead, with Shining absolutely under the Changeling Queen's grip. Luckily, Twilight's timely appearance, with Cadance in tow, blew her cover. She would reveal her true identity, before going horn-to-horn against Celestia. It seemed for a moment she had the upper hand, until Chrysalis turned the tables and defeated her, an event which shocked us all." "Chrysalis?" Asked Luna.
"That's the Changeling Queen's name, and it sounds every bit as evil as she is." Added Night Light.
"And she beat my sister?!"
"Indeed she did, your Majesty." Replied Velvet. "I don't know what happened after that because we were ordered out of the hall by the Royal Guard, but I have every faith that Twilight played a part in the victory over the changelings. I don't know how, but I just do."
"The point here, your Majesty" Night Light continued "is that our daughter was the key to stopping the invasion before it ever began. She tried alerting her friends to the impostor's cold and condescending behaviour, compared to Cadance's warmth and benevolence. But they refused to believe it was anything more serious than wedding stress. It is unknown to us what became of Shining and Celestia at that time, but Twilight had nopony else to turn to, hence why we believe that her friends basically betrayed her just for the comparably petty glamour of being the bridesmaids of the wedding. Furthermore, we find it impossible to understand how the group failed to grasp the realization that Twilight had a very close and personal relationship with Cadance, something that we are very keenly aware of, and therefore could not connect the dots that would have exposed the usurper from her veil. However, it is not just her friends who had failed Twilight. Her brother, Shining Armor, somepony she held very dear, disowned her before abandoning her in her hour of need. If that wasn't enough, Princess Celestia, your benevolent sister and the object of Twilight's idolisation and inspiration, did not even look her in the eye when she crushed her spirit. That is what Shining told us when he came here, and it is the reason Velvet and I are so furious. Twilight could have stopped the Changelings from wreaking havoc, but she was never given the chance! And in the process, the seven ponies whom she held dear, particularly her brother, showed their true colors. They betrayed her trust, they crushed her spirit and left her to die all in one fell swoop."
Luna was dismayed. Celestia did mention something about betraying somepony when she was crying in the former's embrace, but it was only after she put two and two together did she see the horrible picture that was painted in her mind. However, as enraging as that picture was, she was not here to condemn those responsible. She had a job to do, and that was to ensure the Nightmare Forces could not corrupt the souls of Night Light and Twilight Velvet, who had suffered enough just to know not only was their daughter betrayed and treated like a common criminal, but she could very well have died in an unmarked tomb which nopony even knew of. "I understand your grief completely now, Sir Light and Lady Velvet, but while I empathize with your plight, I am not here to promise swift vengeance. I am here to save you from the Nightmare Forces that once corrupted me."
"What do you mean your Majesty?" Replied Velvet.
"My story is not so different to Twilight's, Lady Velvet. You see, before I became Nightmare Moon, I shared rule of Equestria with my dear sister. Under our leadership, there was peace throughout the land, nary a trace of conflict or discord to be found outside. But that was the thing. While there was no conflict outside, there was conflict deep inside. To be precise, the only traceable source of conflict to be found in Equestria.........was in my heart."
Velvet and Night looked at each other in surprise, before returning their gaze to Luna.
"You see, while my sister did care for me, and while my subjects worshipped me in equal measure, Celestia was the only one between us who witnessed the ponies celebrating her day and singing her praises. But when it was my turn to wake........they were nowhere to be found. While I watched over my night, the ponies were asleep in their beds. I was left feeling alone and betrayed, believing the ponies did not celebrate my night like they worshipped Celestia's day. At the same time, I felt Celestia wasn't paying any attention herself, which only made me feel worse. As a result, my thoughts and feelings turned to darkness, and it was not long before the Nightmare Forces found me languishing in my bitterness and hatred. They offered to help me get the respect and attention I deserved in exchange for taking over my soul, and without much hesitation, I accepted. The Nightmare Forces possessed my body, transforming me into the devil known as Nightmare Moon.
Together we would go on to do many unspeakable things, including attacking my sister and attempting to thwart the Element Bearers' search for the Elements of Harmony. But worst of all, we threatened to plunge Equestria into eternal night, just so I could get my own self-gratification from watching the ponies celebrate my night. And all this came from me feeling alone and abandoned, just like Twilight was."
Both Velvet and Night were awestruck. However, the former could not help but wonder why if Luna was so badly affected that she allowed the Nightmare Forces to take her over, then why did the same not happen to Twilight?
"Princess, I'm curious. Why was Twilight not corrupted by these Nightmare Forces you speak of? We're both aware of how badly her friends, Shining and Celestia emotionally damaged her, but how is it she was not taken by them?"
"I have no doubt Twilight was gravely hurt by what her friends, her brother and Celestia did to her," Luna replied, "but what prevented the Nightmare Forces from corrupting her is that she had no bitter feelings towards them or desires of their destruction.
The Nightmare Forces feed off negative emotions, such as the two I just mentioned. Without them, they cannot corrupt a host, hence why Twilight did not fall victim to their temptations."
"I see." Replied Velvet. "However, for as long as you remain bitter toward those responsible for her emotional trauma, then you will remain susceptible to corruption. Therefore I must inoculate both you and your husband using a special spell which will hinder the Nightmare Forces' ability to sense your emotions. However, I cannot cast it without your permission, which is why I am here. Do you want me to cast this protection spell?"
Velvet took a long look at Night Light, who nodded firmly in response. If they were going to be of any help to Twilight at this time, they needed to be safe from anything, therefore Night felt this was for the best. It didn't take long for Velvet to catch on either. "It will not help Twilight if both Night and myself are turned to the dark side. She has enough on her hooves without us being attacked.......you may cast the spell Princess."
"Very well." Luna responded. "Prepare yourselves."
Luna's horn lit up as she prepared to cast the spell. Night moved closer to his wife, who leaned close to him in response. Whatever this was, they hoped it wouldn't be of any discomfort. Finally, Luna cast the spell, and it encapsulated both Velvet and Night in two white bubbles filled with interlinking particles of magic. The bubbles began to increase in brightness as the energy of the spell increased, the forms of both Velvet and Night becoming obscured by the brightening light. Eventually, the spell reached its climax as both Night and Velvet were completely enveloped by the light. Then, there was an explosion; the spell was completed. Night and Velvet gently descended to the ground, their bodies embraced by Luna's inoculation spell.
"Now, the spell should protect you from any attempt at intrusion by the Nightmare Forces. But be careful. If your levels of bitterness increase, so too will the strength of the forces, to the point where the spell cannot protect you. You can still be angry at Twilight's friends, Shining Armor and Celestia, but not too much."
"Thank you Princess."
Replied Velvet. "We appreciate your service."
"Anything to preserve the welfare of my subjects." Luna responded. "Now I must return to the palace. My sister needs me."
With that, Luna walked out the household door, before spreading her wings and taking off into the darkness, the moon (which she had lifted prior to flying to the Sparkle family home) lighting the way ahead. Now she knew what was going on, but then came the million-bit question; how would the events of the wedding affect her, and what would come in the future relating to that event that would also affect her? Only time would tell.
A storm was crashing down upon the Black Widow's Peaks, rain as thick as glass soaking the jagged mountaintops. Coupled with it was the occasional flash of lightning and clap of thunder, giving the charcoal-black landscape an ominous appearance. Inside the Changeling Hive, which too was being lashed by the ferocious rainfall, the leaders of Queen Chrysalis's army were gathered inside the war room, studying a strategic map of Canterlot which was spread out on the table. Among them was the only General in the entire officer corps, a rank befitting his position as the top commanding officer, and his name was so fearsome and infamous among ponykind that even the toughest of them could not speak his name and remain unafraid. This was General Skoula, and his physical form was as intimidating and dominating as his reputation among even his own men. While the Changeling Army may not have been ready to assault the city, the process of finding new recruits gave Skoula time to plan the next great attack. The lieutenants of his army were made up of one of the three pony species, one for the Earth ponies, the pegasi and the unicorns. All three had very well-developed and clever minds, which could use the full capabilities of their respective species to full advantage. Leading the Earth ponies was Commander Barbarousis. Beside him at the war room table was Commander Alkaios of the pegasi, and Commander Maugrim of the unicorns. Thus far, they had tasked their forces with the mission to raid every single one of Canterlot's outlying towns and villages, taking everypony residing in them prisoner and killing those who tried to resist, as per Chrysalis's new policy. In the last invasion, Chrysalis tried employing a policy wherein her troops would not kill, even those who fought against them. This time, she would show no mercy. The army would be trained hard in the killing of Royal Guards and civilians who attempted to assist in the defence of the city. But for now, the three leaders were to help Skoula in planning the attack on the city, before it could be presented to the Queen. As they were doing this, Commander Barbarousis had come up with an idea, one he thought would benefit the operation and the army immensely.
"General Skoula, I have just come up with an idea which could supplement our forces and bolster the success of the assault on Canterlot. If you'd allow me, I will describe it to you in detail."
"Proceed Commander." Replied Skoula, interested in the Commander's proposal.
"As you know, General, the Hive is situated inside the Equestrian Badlands, a place which is infamous among ponykind for being home to the bad apples of the Equestrian bunch. Criminals, thugs, dissidents and individuals who resent the treasured Equestrian values of friendship and harmony. My proposal is to send emissaries to towns and villages in which they live, so that we might entice them to join our cause. They would act as a second echelon, coming in from behind to support the main force. In exchange for their services they would be allowed to do whatever they please. What do you think of that sir?"
"It is a good plan, Commander." Replied Skoula, having taken some time to analyse the proposal. "But what if this second echelon decides to rebel against us?"
"I was well aware of such a situation unfolding sir." Barbarousis answered assuredly. "In the event the second echelon goes rogue, our Changelings will enclose and crush them, while hunting down any stragglers. Those who escape into enemy territory will be left at their mercy. The troops must stick to the mission at all times, and at all costs."
"Very good Commander Barbarousis. I like this plan. The Royal Guard and those who try to help them will be caught up in a frenzy of thuggery and murder. You may proceed with the mission."
"Thank you General." Finished Barbarousis.
"Attention!" Yelled a voice from outside the door. Everypony in the room stood to attention as Chrysalis stepped inside. She glanced at the three commanders, before looking at General Skoula, whom she greeted with a nod. The Changeling Queen took her place at the top of the table, flanked by her loyal general.
"At ease." Said Chrysalis, her men following the command.
"Your Majesty, we have created a new plan formed from the coordinates of the previous assault on Canterlot." Said Alkaios. "Instead of waiting outside the city to attack, our forces will infiltrate the city in disguise en masse, and blend in with the locals. Once our specialist crack team in Ponyville captures the Princess of Love, we will proceed with the attack by coming out of disguise and making our way toward the castle while dispatching any resistance." Chrysalis made no response, physically or otherwise. She was still listening, despite this.
"Now, we are aware that at this point, the Canterlot Royal Guard will come out of the castle en masse and attempt to form a defensive perimeter around the castle walls and entrance. They will no doubt be complemented by cavalry and supported by archers from the castle's parapets. However, teams of my pegasi will dive bomb the Guards and engage them from behind, allowing our troops to move in and finish them off. At the same time, more dive bomber teams will hit the enemy's archers, attacking them from behind before entering the castle. To support them, specifically assembled and equipped pegasi teams will also dive bomb the castle in an attempt to defeat the two princesses, Celestia and Luna."
"It was I and Alkaios who came up with a separate plan of attack to deal with the princesses, your Majesty." Added Maugrim. "The aim of the pegasi attacking the castle is to cut off the princesses from their guards and divert them somewhere we can corner them. Once that is done, my unicorns will then teleport into the castle en masse, where they will begin to harvest the Princesses' love simultaneously, so as to increase their powers and give them extra strength in close combat. Many of my unicorns will experience an incredibly tough battle initially, given the Princesses' powers, but over time they will weaken, and my troops will gain the upper hoof. With the defeat of the princesses, the pegasi and unicorns will then exit the castle through the main entrance and over the walls, so as to engage the Royal Guards from behind. Meanwhile, a second echelon, made up of thugs and lowlives from neighbouring towns and villages in the Badlands will advance northeast towards Canterlot, where upon arrival they will smash their way through the city and, through sheer brutality, cripple the Royal Guard's defensive perimeter." It then fell to Commander Barbarousis to conclude the briefing.
"The operation should take 8 hours maximum, but it is currently unknown what kind of defensive capabilities the enemy possesses. If they are sufficient enough to keep us from entering the castle, then the operation may last longer than estimated. Still, we are confident there will be no problems with the execution of the mission." Chrysalis delayed her response, taking a moment to ponder the plan. After a while, she grinned confidently, settling Barbarousis's nerves. From the sound of the plan, this new operation would succeed where the previous attempt failed. There was no known reports or rumours of a wedding or any other high-security event this time, according to reports from her spies, thus there wouldn't be a shield to deal with. The Changelings could just walk right in, disguised and completely invisible to the ponies' eyes, and then strike when the time was right. It was a plan she was very much impressed with. However, Sharp Fang, who was also present in the war room, raised a matter which would have concerned the Changelings, were the situation any different.
"But Commander, what of the Element Bearers? Surely they won't allow themselves to be defeated as easily as last time! How are we going to deal with them?"
"Gentlecolts, it pleases me immensely to announce the Element Bearers will be of no concern to our operation." Said Chrysalis confidently.
"Using my magic, I have been able to observe the movements of our enemies. Apparently, the Bearer of Magic has distanced herself from her friends, convinced they had betrayed her and left her to die by my hooves. The other Bearers, accompanied by the Princess of Love now seek to repair relations with the Bearer of Magic, in hopes of the restoration of the Elements of Harmony to action. Without them, Equestria is defenseless."
"And that means our forces will be unstoppable!" Maugrim added jubilantly.
"My Changelings, the time is ripe. The hour is nigh. We will take our revenge on Celestia and the ponies of Canterlot, and there's nothing that they can do to stop us! Barbarousis! Alkaios! Maugrim! Prepare your troops for battle!"
The Changelings roared in unison, their thirst for blood amplified beyond comprehension. Everyone in the Hive could feel it: nothing was going to stop them now.
Back in Ponyville, morning had dawned over the town, birds chirping happily to mark the occasion. Rarity had awoken from her sleep, groggy but quite well-rested. However, despite the fact her mind was still full of memories of what happened in the library with Twilight, she was determined to put it behind her and focus on the task at hoof; reconciling with Twilight using whatever means necessary. The first, she imagined, would be giving her a gift of a simple, but beautifully made dress. After all, she recalled the birthday party in Canterlot Castle where Twilight was quite pleased with the dress which Rarity had not even half-finished. Nevertheless, if Twilight was happy, Rarity was happy. Thus she knew what she needed to do. But for now, the main objective was to meet the girls and Cadance at Sugarcube Corner to form a plan. So, after checking to make sure Sweetie Belle was still sound asleep, and after spending roughly 15-20 minutes fixing up her mane and tail (and applying her make-up), Rarity left for Sugarcube Corner, but not before eating breakfast and leaving a little something for Sweetie Belle to eat herself.
Meanwhile, Pinkie had also just woken up.
Her mane was half-inflated, a sign of her misery, and her eyes had bags, an obvious indicator she did not sleep well. Still, she tried her best to remain perky, and after having breakfast herself, she set to work stacking Sugarcube Corner's display case with treats and confectioneries of all shapes and sizes. In the meantime, she was drinking a cup of hot cocoa, trying to drown her sorrows. Just then, Rarity entered the building, the doorbell signalling the alabaster unicorn's arrival.
"Good morning Pinkie Pie. Sleep well?" Pinkie rose her head above the display case, her expression a concerning mashup of a forced smile coupled with a miserable upper-half, which left Rarity mildly disturbed.
"Morning Rarity...." Groaned Pinkie, yawning as she spoke. "I slept just fine." "You don't exactly look like it darling. Are you sure you slept well?"
"As well as the sound of a bell!" Pinkie chimed, albeit half-heartedly. Rarity's expression remained unchanged, but she decided it was best she did not dwell on it.
"Well, OK, I'll take your word for it. But if there's anything wrong darling, just talk to me, alright?"
"No problem Rarity!" Replied Pinkie, trying her best to make her reply sound genuine. Just then, Fluttershy entered the bakery. She, too, looked no great shakes. In fact, she looked about the same as Pinkie. Baggy eyes filled with regret, a weary expression, plus her mane and tail weren't very well groomed.
"Good morning girls. I hope I'm not interrupting." The yellow pegasus croaked tiredly.
"Not at all darling." Replied Rarity.
"But goodness me, you look terrible."
Fluttershy said before yawning mid-sentence. "I guess I didn't sleep well last night."
"Funny you should mention that Fluttershy, because I didn't either." Said Pinkie.
"I can remember spending most of the night cr-" Before Pinkie could finish speaking, the girls heard a loud thump outside, followed by the sound of something being dragged through mud. Rarity opened the bakery door to find what looked like the twisted body of Rainbow Dash lying in a grave she had dug herself, not to mention it wasn't exactly a neat job either.
"Rainbow!" Cried Rarity, who immediately galloped over to the aforementioned pegasus to make sure she was OK. "Are you alright?"
Initially, Rarity was met with no answer. But then came the sound of snorting mixed with snoring. It didn't take long for Rarity to put two and two together; Rainbow was asleep when she crash landed, and now she was only just waking up.
"No Mom, I don't wanna go to flight school...."
Rainbow groaned groggily. Following an unbridled facehoof, Rarity used her magic to lift Rainbow out of the mudhole and brought her inside Sugarcube Corner. After being laid down gently on the floor, the blue pegasus came to. "
"You crash-landed, pretty hard too." Answered Pinkie, her voice, for once, devoid of any jubilance.
"Darnit..." Rainbow grumbled in annoyance. After taking the moment to scratch the remaining figments of dirt out of her mane, she took a seat opposite Fluttershy.
"So, what's the plan?" "We're waiting for Applejack and Princess Cadance. Only the Creator knows where they are right now."
Cadance had just recently left Carousel Boutique to check up on Twilight, as she had planned previously. There was no doubting the alicorn's mind that yesterday's fiasco had taken a toll on Twilight's already haggard mind, therefore she felt the best course of action was to ensure she was looking after herself that morning. Cadance arrived at Golden Oaks Library, the dark purple shield still encasing it.
"Twilight? Spike? It's Cadance! May I come in?" Cadance called out, hoping to hear from either the lavender unicorn or the baby dragon. To her surprise, it was the former who answered the door. Cadance figured that Twilight would only answer personally to her; anypony else fell under Spike's jurisdiction.
"Hi Cadance! What is it?" "I just wanted to check on you, make sure you were doing OK after yesterday. May I come in?"
"Of course! Just gimme a second." Replied Twilight, who headed back inside. After a brief moment's waiting, the shield disappeared, and the front door to the library opened, revealing Twilight.
"Come on in Cady. You're always welcome here."
Cadance smiled, but whatever it was that was compelling her to smile felt incomplete.
The reason was obvious; Twilight would be welcoming to everypony else but her former friends, her Big Brother Former Best Friend Forever and as of late, her former teacher. One could even dare say the latter was no longer her favourite princess as well. However, she had to put that behind her, in order to stick to the task at hoof. Stepping inside the library, she made herself comfortable.
"May I get you anything?" Twilight quizzed. "No, thank you. I have to be elsewhere, so I must make my stay here as brief as possible."
"No problem Cadance." Replied Twilight, who lay down on her hindlegs as she crossed her forelegs under her head. "So, what was it you wanted to talk about?"
"I just came to see how you were after yesterday. You doing OK this morning?"
"Yeah Cadance, I'm fine. I'm just wondering why the girls are trying to make it up to me. Don't they realize what they've done?" "Of course they do Twilight, that's why they're here."
"But they shouldn't be here in the first place Cadance! Those girls have no right to even look me in the eye! After everything we've done together, all the good times we shared and the challenges we encountered together as friends, they betrayed me and left me to die! The worst thing about all this is that they didn't even care! They were perfectly content to leave me to fade out of existence like I was nothing to them, and then, after risking my neck once more to save both you, them and Equestria, they expect me to put together the wedding?!"
"Listen Twilight, I know how much you feel they betrayed you, and I fully understand how much they hurt you. But the past is the past. Everypony has learned from their mistakes, not least the girls. In fact, I'm sure Shining and Celestia have realized just how badly they screwed up by now. The point here is that the girls are sorry for abandoning you and they want to make things right! Can't you find it in your heart to give them another chance?"
Twilight's head drooped sadly. She understood that Cadance was trying to play peacemaker, but the odds were against her, and the Mane 5 too. "
I'm sorry Cadance, but it just isn't that simple. I don't think I can trust them again, not after that. I mean, what are the chances they could screw up again?
And for Luna's sake, I nearly lost my life because of them! How can you expect me to just forget what happened?"
Cadance was about to speak, but her train of thought instantly derailed. Instead, she opted for a conciliatory defeat. Trying to get Twilight to come around was not the reason she was there. She had come to make sure the lavender unicorn had a good morning, and it looked like she had.
"Ok Twilight, I understand. Remember, I'll be staying in Carousel Boutique while I'm here, so if you ever need me, I'm here for you. Take care of yourself." "You too Cady, thanks for coming. Will I let you out?"
"No, it's OK. I can let myself out. See you."
With that, Cadance gently closed the door behind her. As she walked away, she heard the familiar sound of a shield spell being cast. She glanced behind her to see Twilight's treehouse/library encased once more in a dark magenta coloured bubble. With a sigh, she continued onward to Sugarcube Corner.
Meanwhile, Applejack had woken up from a deep slumber. She didn't know it at the time, but she was late for the meeting. After taking a look in the mirror to check her face (and after briefly washing it), that's when it clicked.
"Oh mah Celestia, I'm late!" As quickly as she could, the orange cowpony mounted her Stetson atop her head before flying downstairs.
She made a run for the front door, until a voice stopped her. "Applejack?"
Applejack stopped dead in her tracks.
"Yes Granny Smith?"
"Can we talk to ya fer a minute?"
"Y-yeah, sure." Replied Applejack, slightly unsure of what was about to happen. Slowly, she walked into the kitchen, where Granny Smith and Big Mac were both waiting. Applejack couldn't help but notice the way they were looking at her.
They were happy and content, but there was something in their eyes that Applejack could see. After sitting down and taking the first bite into her breakfast, the elder Apple spoke again. "Applejack, there's something Big Macintosh and I want to ask you."
"What is it Granny Smith?" Asked Applejack.
"Last night, Big Mac heard y'all crying harder than a timberwolf who had both legs cut off." "Eeyup. Loud, too." Added Big Mac.
"Applejack, is everything OK?"
Applejack stopped eating.
She was cornered, and it could have been any more obvious to her. To make matters worse, she was the Element of Honesty (or rather, the FORMER Element of Honesty) and therefore she couldn't tell a lie. With a deep sigh of resignation, Applejack prepared to bite the bullet.
"No Granny Smith. ah' was crying last night because of something terrible that ah' did. Something ah' will probably never forgive myself for.
Do y'all remember the day I left with Twilight to go to Canterlot for the wedding?"
"Yes. Applebloom told me about it, y'all were attacked by the Changelings."
"Well, things happened, concerning a few ponies including mahself, Twilight and the other girls. It all started after we had arrived at Canterlot. Twilight had just reunited with her brother, who also happened to be the groom. Moments later, Princess Cadance, the bride, Twilight's former foalsitter and somepony with whom she was very close, appeared. Twilight tried sharing a hoofshake with her from when they were young, but the Princess didn't recognize it."
"Well, why would she do it? It ain't right of a princess to do something as foalish as a hoofshake." Granny Smith mused. "That is true, but here's the thing Granny Smith."
Applejack replied. "Cadance and Twilight were so close that they did everything together, even the hoofshake. The Cadance which Twilight had just met did not recognize said hoofshake." That was when the two elder Apples understood Applejack's point. This was starting to sound strange. "
According to what she told us one evening, Twilight saw this Cadance doing things the real Cadance would never do. She mocked and belittled my efforts to prepare for the wedding, as well as those of the others. In fact, Twilight even saw her dump a bag of muffins ah' gave her in the trash! Muffins which ah' and the royal cooks had spent so much time working on! Now ah' know it may seem pointless to be getting upset about trashed muffins, but the point ah'm making here is that the real Cadance would have loved what we did for the wedding.
How much she cared for Twilight was made obvious after she scolded us for betraying her, and we didn't realize it until then just how much everything made sense! Not to mention how foalish we had all been!"
"And just how did all y'all betray Twilight?" Asked Granny Smith.
"Well, it happened during the wedding rehearsal. Twilight was ravin' about Cadence being an impostor and repeatedly called her evil, which made her cry. Now at the time, we didn't know that she was a fake, so we thought Twilight was being mean. Ah' told the girls we should go and check on the princess, and with that, we walked out on her. None of us even looked her in the eye, nor did we show the slightest sign we still cared about her. We pushed Twilight aside like she was nopony. Twilight's brother and Celestia also walked out on her, which left her emotionally devastated. Worse still, and we did not know this at the time either, but the impostor returned and sealed Twilight in the caves below the castle. If she hadn't found the real Cadance, they could have both died down there, so in fact, me and the girls straight up betrayed Twilight and left her to die." Both the senior Apples looked at Applejack sternly. They were not impressed at all.
"If it helps, none of us wanted Twilight to die. We thought leavin' her alone to think about what she had done would be best for her."
Granny Smith slowly stood up, Applejack watching on as she did. The elderly Apple took a deep breath before she spoke. "Applejack, ah' have lived a long, long life. Ah' have experienced many things both great and terrible, but what y'all did is the worst thing I have ever heard in my life, and that's sayin' a lot. Y'all have brought shame to our family something fierce.
And if that isn't bad enough, ya did not even say sorry to Twilight." "But that's not true Granny Smith! Ah' did apologize to Twilight, twice!
Soon to be thrice once ah' meet up with the girls to discuss a plan." "Is that so?" Asked Granny Smith.
"Well, if you're lookin' at apologizing a third time, it better be pretty darn good! You have not only brought shame to our family Applejack, but you have brought shame on yourself and your Element. Once you finish breakfast, you had better go and fix this mess, understand?"
"Yes ma'am!" Replied Applejack spiritedly. Back at Sugarcube Corner, time had ticked away since the girls had arrived. They had spent the time chatting, while idly wondering where Applejack was. Just then, Cadance walked into the bakery.
"Hi girls." Said Cadance, her usual mirth waning when she saw how the girls had fared since the previous night. Only Rarity, who looked the better pick of the bunch, greeted the pink alicorn.
"Hi Cadance. Sorry you had to see us in this state."
"That's OK Rarity. It's been tough on all of us." Rarity nodded in agreement.
"Hey, where's Applejack?"
"I'm not sure darling. This actually isn't like her. Applejack's always been very punctual."
"I'm sure she's close."
As if on cue, Applejack opened the door.
"Howdy girls, hello Princess. Sorry I'm late."
"It's OK Applejack." Said Rarity. "
"I got called into a meetin' with Granny Smith and Big Mac. They heard me cryin' last night and wanted to know what was wrong. I told them what happened, and well......y'know."
Cadance and Rarity exchanged glances. Now the former was definitely sure not everypony had a good night's slumber.
But in order to keep up appearances, she smiled warmly.
"It's alright Applejack.
You're not the only pony who's having a rough time."
Applejack replied. "Anyway, shall we get onto discussing the plan?"
- Princess Celestia: I'll say a few words, and then we'll begin with the vows. Shining Armor, you'll get the ring from your best mare.
- Spike: [pan to Spike, who instead of holding the ring pillow is playing with the cake topper figures again; deep voice] Do you? [high voice] I do!
- Shining Armor: Hey... has anypony seen Twilight?
- Twilight Sparkle: [bursts into the room] I'm here! I got something to say. With my cell phone. I'll use it to call Siri. (to Siri) Siri, where's the real Princess Cadance?
- Siri: The real Princess Cadance is in "the caves beneath Canterlot".
- All: (Gasps)
- Applejack: Wait, what?
- Shining Armor: Wait a second. The real Princess Cadance is in the caves beneath Canterlot?
- Princess Cadance: No, no. She's crazy. I don't know what she's talking about?
- Twilight Sparkle: Hang on. Siri, what's the fake Princess Cadance was talking to Shining Armor yesterday?
- Siri: The fake Princess Cadance casting a spell on Shining Armor.
- Fluttershy: Uh, what?
- Shining Armor: Wait, what? Casting a spell? It's she telling a truth?
- Princess Cadance: Uh, no.
- Twlight Sparkle: Hold on. (to Siri) Siri, what happened to Lyra Heartstrings, Twinkleshine and Minuette?
- Siri: They are brainwashed by Queen Chrysalis.
- Applejack: Who the heck is Queen Chrysalis?
- Twilight Sparkle: I'll show you. (to Siri) Siri, it's Queen Chrysalis is disguising herself as Princess Cadance?
- Siri: Yes, Twilight. She is disguising herself as Princess Cadance.
- Shining Armor: Hey, wait a second. It's that true? Are you Queen Chrysalis?
- Princess Cadance: (Sighs) Oh, forget it.
- ("Cadance" disposes her disguise and transforms into Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings)
- Queen Chrysalis: [the Queen, enraged, sheds her Cadence disguise in a dramatic fashion, revealing herself as a large bug-like horse creature about the same size as Celestia, a crooked horn, and hole-riddled legs; she laughs] It is I, Queen Chrysalis. I was the one who disguise as Princess Cadance.
- (Suddenly, someone shoots Queen Chrysalis)
- (They turned around; revealed to be the real Princess Cadance)
- Princess Cadance: (holding a gun after shooting Queen Chrysalis in the head) Nope.
- Shining Armor: Cadance, you're alive. But, how did you escape?
- Princess Cadance: Well...
- (Flashback started)
- (We get shown that Princess Cadance got rescued at the last second by Doctor Strange.)
- (Flashback ended)
- Princess Cadance: It's a long story. Oh, hey, shall we get started with the wedding rehearsal?
- Shining Armor: Well, sure. Let's do this.
- Princess Celestia: Okay, then.
- Shining Armor: You want to know why my eyes went all [bells jangling]? Nuh! Because ever since I started having to perform my protection spell, I've been getting terrible migraines. Cadance hasn't been casting spells on me. She's been using her magic to heal me!
- Twilight Sparkle: [inhales]
- Shining Armor: And she decided to replace her bridesmaids because she found out the only reason they wanted to be in the wedding was so that they could meet Canterlot royalty! And if she hasn't been on her best behavior with your [stomps hoof] friends, it's because with me being so busy, she's had to make all the decisions about the wedding!
- Twilight Sparkle: I was just trying to–
- Shining Armor: She's been completely stressed out because it's really important to her that her big day be perfect! Something that obviously wasn't important to you. [Twilight gasps] Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and comfort my bride. And you can forget about being my best mare. In fact, if I were you, I wouldn't show up to the wedding at all.
- Applejack: [Twilight sits dejected] C'mon, y'all. Let's go check on the princess. [they all pass her on their way out]
- [The rest of Twilight's friends; including Spike, leave her]
- Twilight Sparkle: I was–
- Princess Celestia: [coldy] You have a lot to think about. [She leaves with the guards and they slam the doors behind them]
- [The wedding hall doors slam, leaving Twilight alone]
- Twilight Sparkle: [left alone after she drove off Cadance, Shining Armor, her friends and Princess Celestia by claiming Cadance was evil] Maybe I was too overprotective [of Shining Armor]. I could have gained a sister; but instead, I just lost a brother.
- (Song: Over the Rainbow)
- Twilight Sparkle: ♪When all the world is a hopeless jumble, And the raindrops tumble all around, Heaven opens a magic lane. When all the clouds darken up the skyway, There's a rainbow highway to be found. Leading from your window pane To a place behind the sun, Just a step beyond the rain. Somewhere over the rainbow way up high There's a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue And the dreams that you dare to dream Really do come true Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly Birds fly over the rainbow Why then oh why can't I? If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow Why oh why can't I♪
- (Song ends)
- Twilight Sparkle: [after singing "Over the Rainbow", Twilight comes to a rest on the steps of the wedding dais, and Mordecai joins her.] Who are you?
- Mordecai: I'm Mordecai. You're Twilight Sparkle, right?
- Twilight Sparkle: Yeah. What are you doing here?
- Mordecai: Well, I was spying on you during the wedding ceremony. That I saw you sad. Since Shining Armor, your friends and your mentor left to check on Cadence.
- Twilight Sparkle: Really?
- Mordecai: Yeah. Don't worry. We feel the same way. After all, I was there. Wanna hang out?
- Twilight Sparkle: Of course.
- (Cut to Heroes Lounge.)
- Twilight Sparkle: Wow, this place is amazing. I can't believe this is actually already a thing. Thank you for inviting me.
- Rigby: Oh, you're welcome. So what happened, anyways?
- Twilight Sparkle: Well, you see.
- (Subtitle: One Explanation Later)
- Twilight Sparkle: And then Cadance, bewildered by my accusations, runs away in tears. I chases her out and proudly trots back into the hall. However, Shining Armor contradicts each of my accusations. He claims that Cadance's magic was intended to alleviate his migraines, which were caused by 24/7 maintenance of the protective magic barrier; Cadance replaced her bridesmaids because of their apparently shallow motivations; and my brusque behavior towards Twilight's friends appeared to be due to the stress of having to make all of the decisions for the wedding in her groom’s absence defending Canterlot. Shining Armor contrasts Cadance's efforts with my apparent lack of concern for the wedding. He dismisses me from her position as Best Mare and suggests that I'm not attend the wedding at all. My friends and Princess Celestia also leave to check on Cadance. I am left in the wedding hall alone, where I laments the loss of a brother and a potential sister.
- Ben Tennyson: So this is why they didn't believe you?
- Twilight Sparkle: Nope.
- Dan Zembrovski: Wow.
- Black Panther: They won't believe you, eh? ...We feel you, Twilight.
- Twilight Sparkle: Thanks, guys.
- Randy Cunningham: Maybe you should stop interfering from anyone else, Twilight.
- Twilight Sparkle: What do you mean?
- Howard Weinerman: It's a bad idea. That was very nice to everyone.
- Twilight Sparkle: Really?
- Troll Moko: Oh, yes. Maybe you should stop interfering everyone.
- Twilight Sparkle: Maybe, you're right. I'll stop. Interfering everyone.
- Rook Blonko: Good. So after when Shining Armor, your friends, Celestial and the guards leave and what are you going to do about it?
- Twilight Sparkle: I'm not sure. I decided to go home and leave Canterlot forever.
- Rigby: That might work. Pack your things, Twilight. You're going home, considering you're not welcome here anymore at Canterlot.
- Twilight Sparkle: For real?
- Helen Wheels: For real. Just go home. You never should have come here in the first place.
- Twilight Sparkle: Are you sure?
- Alan Albright: Yes.
- Twilight Sparkle: Won't Princess Cadance, Shining Armor, Princess Celestia, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Spike (Dinosaur) notice where I am?
- Mordecai: Don't worry. We've got you covered.
- (At Cantetlot)
- Spike (Dragon): Looks like you changed your assemption on Candace being evil?
- Twilight Sparkle (decoy): Yes...
- Spike (Dragon): (Relieved Sighs)
- (At Heroes Lounge)
- Twilight Sparkle: Wow. Did the decoy worked?
- Mordecai: Yep.
- Twilight Sparkle: (gets up) Hey, you're right. That's it! I quit. I don't need this. (heads for the door) Screw this wedding. I'm going home. Thanks for telling me, you guys. (leaves)
- Rigby: You're welcome.
- Kevin Levin: It's she leaving already?
- Manny Armstrong: Yep.
- Rook Shar: Poor Twilight.
- Alan Albright: It's she serious?
- Black Panther: I don't know if we're doing the right thing, Alan. She's heading home. She doesn't think she's belong at Canterlot anymore.
- Mordecai: Are you sure?
- Black Panther: Yeah. Does Princss Cadance, Shining Armor, Princess Celestia, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Spike (Dinosaur) know?
- Mordecai: Nope. They didn't, Black Panther.
- Black Panther: Oh, right, right.
- Mordecai: Yeah. Twilight wouldn't go to the wedding.
- Doctor Strange: Hmm. Hold on, guys. I'm detecting even more interdimensional activity. It's my solo mission.
- Gwen Tennyson: Okay, bye!
- (Doctor Strange making a portal to get to the underground caves)
- Black Panther: Where is he going?
- Shuri: We don't know.
- Amanda Highborn: You sure about that?
- Mordecai: Yeah. Say, guys, maybe it's time to see Princss Cadance, Shining Armor, Princess Celestia, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Spike (Dragon) for a visit.
- Black Panther: Yeah. We shall see.
- Manny Armstrong: Couldn't we just see them in the final clip?
- Jimmy Jones: Okay, Let's do that.
- Mordecai: Yes, yes. We'll give them a surprise wedding gifts for Princess Cadance and Shining Armor. Deadpool.
- Deadpool: Roll the next clip!
- (Fast forward.)
- (But this is really how it Should have ended...)
- Princess Cadence: (Cries) Why are you doing this to me?
- (Cadence about to run)
- (Suddenly, Black Panther, Shuri and Mordecai's Crew arrives)
- Black Panther: HEY HEY HEY HEY! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!
- Princess Celestia: Oh, T'Challa, what a surprise, old friend. What are you doing here?
- (Shuri and Mordecai's Crew are eating Yummy' Yums)
- Black Panther: We were just coming by to see you. What are you doing?
- Princess Celestia: We were having a wedding rehearsal of Shining Armor and Princess Cadance. It's the practice ceremony.
- Black Panther: Right. Are you a little busy?
- Princess Celestia: Yep. We're a little busy at the moment.
- Black Panther: Oh. Well, do you need any help?
- Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia: NO, GO AWAY!
- Black Panther: Okay, guys, now's apparently not a good time. Let's just come back later. (leaves with Shuri and Mordecai's Crew)
- Black Panther: Oh. Well, do you need any help?
- Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia: NO, GO AWAY!
- Black Panther: Okay, guys, now's apparently not a good time. Let's just come back later. (leaves with Shuri and Mordecai's Crew)
- Mordecai: Hold on, Black Panther. (to Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dinosaur), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia) Did you just tell us to go away?
- Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestiaa: Uh, oh.
- Mordecai: Oh you lying sons of a bitches! Let's kill them!
- All: Right!
- Mordecai's Crew: Hero Cannon Bazooka!
- Rigby: Ready!
- Ben Tennyson: Aim!
- All: Fire!
- (Mordecai's Crew shoots Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia)
- (Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestiaare defeated)
- Black Panther: What the?! What'd you do that for?
- Mordecai: Because, their jerks. Let's just leave shall we?
- Black Panther: Sure.
- Black Panther: Oh. Well, do you need any help?
- Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia: NO, GO AWAY!
- Black Panther: Okay, guys, now's apparently not a good time. Let's just come back later. (leaves with Shuri and Mordecai's Crew)
- Mordecai: Hang on, Black Panther. We've got something for them?
- Black Panther: Why is that?
- (Mordecai shoots Twilight Sparkle in the head and dies)
- (Ben Tennyson shoots Applejack in the head and dies)
- (Dan Zembrovski shoots Pinkie Pie in the head)
- (Randy Cunningham shoots Rainbow Dash in the head)
- (Mark Dexler shoots Rarity in the head and dies)
- (Jiro shoots Fluttershy in the head and dies)
- (Rigby shoots Spike [Dragon] in the head and dies)
- (Cooper Daniels shoots Shining Armor in the head and dies)
- (Lucy Mann shoots Princess Cadance in the head and dies)
- (Mordecai shoots Princess Celestia in the head and dies)
- (Troll Moko and Howard Weinerman shoots Royal Guards in the heads and dies)
- Mordecai: That. Now their dead. That gonna be a problem?
- Jimmy Jones: Nope.
- Mordecai: Good. Okay, we're done. Let's just get out of here.
- Rigby: No kidding.
- Black Panther: Oh. Well, do you need any help?
- Mordecai: Well, tell that to Megan Williams, Danny Williams and Molly Williams.
- Twilight Sparkle: Who?
- Mordecai: Megan Williams, Danny Williams and Molly Williams. You know they are the humans and the Williams Siblings. They often fly across the Rainbow to Ponyland?
- Princess Celestia: What's Ponyland?
- Mordecai: Ponyland is a mystical land, home to all kinds of magical creatures. The Little Ponies make their home in Paradise Estate, living a peaceful life filled with song and games.
- (Lauren Faust suddenly shows up)
- Lauren Faust: Silly, Mordo, this show isn’t part of the Friendship is Magic universe.
- Mordecai: Wait, really? For real?
- Lauren Faust: Yep....(looks at viewer)..that totally would.
- Black Panther: Oh. Well, do you need any help?
- Mordecai: Before we go. We gotta give something for Shining and Cadance.
- Shining Armor: I don't know. We don't know how are you gonna give us?
- Mordecai: Are you sure?
- (Mordecai's Crew eyebrow twinkles)
- Shining Armor: Aagh! Too Sexy! (faints)
- Princess Cadance: Eegh! Too Sexy! (faints)
- Twilight Sparkle: Aaagh! Too sexy! (faints)
- Applejack: Holy Celestia! Too sexy! (faints)
- Rainbow Dash: Whoa! Too sexy! (faints)
- Rarity: Sweet Celestia! Too sexy! (faints)
- Fluttershy: Oh my! Too sexy! (faints)
- Spike (Dragon): Wow! Too sexy! (faints)
- Princess Celestia: Whoa! Too sexy! (faints)
- Royal Guards: (after seeing Mordecai's Crew eyebrow twinkles) AAAAAH! Too Sexy! (faints)
- Mordecai: Come on. We're gonna come back later.
- Black Panther: Oh. Well, do you need any help?
- Mordecai: Eh, whatever. (to Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy as Mordecai's Crew and Shuri leaves) We'll see you later, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy to become Nightmare Twilight Sparkle, Nightmare Applejack, Nightmare Pinkie Pie, Nightmare Rainbow Dash, Nightmare Rarity and Nightmare Fluttershy.
- Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy: Mergghhh.
- Black Panther: Oh. Well, do you need any help?
- Rigby: I'll give you later.
- (Rigby farts)
- Rigby: Ha, ha, ha.
- Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia: RIGBY!!!
- (Mr. Rude arrives)
- Mr. Rude: I like him. I got surprise for you too.
- (Mr. Rude farts)
- Mr. Rude: Ha, ha, ha.
- Princess Luna: MR. RUDE!!!
- Mr. Rude: You know what they say? Guest appearance. Roll the final clip.
- Black Panther: Oh. Well, do you need any help?
- Mordecai: Hang on, Black Panther. Hm? Hey, wait a sec. Your name is Shining Armor are you?
- Shining Armor: I am. Why do you ask?
- Mordecai: In that case, watch your damn hoof!
- (Mordecai kicks Shining Armor's hoof)
- Shining Armor: Ow, Ooh! Ow! My [dolphin chirps] hoof! What [dolphin chirps] genius puts a [dolphin chirps] kick in a [dolphin chirps] path?! Can't you see I got a [boat horn no. 1] hoof here?! Oh! [seal bark!. Continues saying a bunch of swear words, censored out by seagulls, foghorns, ship bells, etc.;]
- Shuri: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What are you doing, dude!?
- Mordecai: I was just kicking Shining Amror's hoof.
- Black Panther: Why? Why would you do it?
- Mordecai: I have no clue.
- Twilight Sparkle: What is happening?! This whole thing just feels weird! Are we the only ones that thinks this is weird?
- Black Panther: Nope. (To Mordecai) We think you should stop now, Mordo.
- Mordecai: Fuck That, Black Panther! We got to beat them up! Beat them up! Beat them up!
- Shuri: Mordo, you’re acting like a fucking freaking lunatic. Calm down.
- Mordecai: Screw you, Shuri! We'll purge them! You old fucking lying piece of shit! This has been a long time coming! We're gonna rip your fucking guts out and smear them all over your faces! We ain’t taking no shit! Well, it's time to put you twelve were you belong. Come on, Bitches!
- Rarity: What? Did you call us?!
- Mordecai: You heard me, Rarity. BITCHES!
- Rainbow Dash: Oh, now it's on!
- Mordecai: Give it up, bitches!
- Twilight Sparkle: Bring the pain!
- Rigby: Oh, what the hell.
- Mordecai: You guys...
- Ben Tennyson: Have done something unforgivable.
- Lucy Mann: Maybe we can help you with that.
- Shuri: Prepare to be punish.
- Black Panther: It's punishment time!
- Mordecai: So we’re here to remind you… (Letterbox around him.) with our fists!
- Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia: Uh, oh.
- Shining Armor: OH FUCK CELESTIA!!
- Black Panther: Oh for crying out loud! Nooooooooo... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRE!!!!!
- (Cut to the Princess Celestia, who screams. A flash cut pops up, as the Black Panther punches Princess Celestia in the cheek, Rook Blonko appearing behind him. Flash cut to Amanda Highborn punching Princess Cadance, Shining Armor and Royal Guards in the air. Flash cut to Lucy Mann kicking Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rarity in the air.)
- (Mordecai leaps up past her, punching Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Fluttershy in the air, Mane Six and Mordecai's Crew land next to. Rook Blonko drags Shining Armor offscreen, as he leaves a wet trail.)
- Rook Blonko: Suck my dick!
- Shining Armor: No-no-no-NOOOOOO!!!!
- (Hit flashes appear offscreen, as Rigby jumps in, wielding a chainsaw and running offscreen.)
- (Cooper Daniels leaps in, holding a flamethrower, running offscreen with it. Cut to Princess Celestia, who lifts her face up from lying down.)
- Princess Celestia: You guys are maniacs!
- Mordecai: That's right. We are maniacs. Let’s get ’em!
- (Lucy Mann smacks Princess Cadance a good one with it. Black Panther knocks the wind out of Princess Celestia, and Rayona decks Applejack and Rainbow Dash. She jumps away just before Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy charge back at her, and they slam into each other face first. We see Kevin Levin, carrying the pickle jar. He smashes it over Spike’s head, then doubles back for another pass and punches him out. He plows into Rarity, and both go flying. Now the Royal guards gets it, one unicorn after another flying across the screen. The last one standing is Shinging Armor; Mordecai's Crew, Black Panther and Shuri close in and nail him with a all-star combination. He tumbles to the ground in slow motion.)
- Mordecai: Your insensitive and self-centered jerks! Just looking at you and thinking about your transgressions fills with us burning fire!
- Kevin Levin: You had this beatdown coming for a long time.
- Shining Armor: Dude! Why'd you have to kick me down there!
- Princess Cadance: Please give us mercy!
- Rarity: We'll promise we'll behave ourselves!
- Spike (Dragon): You- you splat in my face...
- Mordecai: Where do things go soo wrong with the them?
- Rigby: I don't know, Mordo. But, they meant to mess up all the time.
- Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia: (Groans)
- Black Panther: Think about what you've done.
- Mordecai: Shall we?
- Applejack: Oh Crab Apples!
- Rarity: No, stop. What are you doing? No. Not like this.
- (Mordecai's Crew bites Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia's tushies three times)
- Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia: YOWCH!!! OUR TUSHIE WUSHIE!!! FUUUUUUUCKKKK!!! FUUUUUUUCKKKK!!!
- Mordecai: Hang in there! We're not done punishing you yet!!
- Twilight Sparkle: Please only punish us for the disobedience!! HI GI III IH
- (Mordecai, Ben Tennyson, Dan Zembrovski, Randy Cunningham and Mark Dexler actives their Stands, Phoenix Flame, Omni-Alien, Wolf Puncher, Ninja Knight and Fire Knight)
- Mordecai: Phoenix Punch!
- Ben Tennyson: Omni-Punch!
- Dan Zembrovski: Wolf Punch!
- Randy Cunningham: Ninja Punch!
- Mark Dexler: Fire Punch!
- (Phoenix Flame, Omni-Alien, Wolf Puncher, Ninja Knight and Fire Knight punches Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rarity)
- Rarity: Ow, our faces! Ah, our faces. Oh, great, look at what you've done.
- Troll Moko: Now?
- Howard Weinerman: Now!
- Fluttershy: It really stinks... It stinks, but somehow...
- Rainbow Dash: It feels warm...
- Applejack: Happy... We're happy...
- Rarity: You dare do something like this to us!? We'll do something horrible like this return to you!
- Mordecai: Nope. We don't think so. How about we throw something at Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia? I'll dare ya?
- Kenneth Tennyson: With pleasure.
- (Several things get thrown at Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia, including guns, swords, daggers, bazookas, lightsabers, cannons, blasters and everything.)
- Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia: Ow! Ow! Okay! Ah! Da! We were just kidding! Ah! Da!
- Mordecai: Good. Now, then. Hey, Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia, want a pizzas?
- Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia: Yeah!
- Rigby: NOW!
- (Rook Blonko fires hot pizzas from the tank into the faces of Royal Guards, Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia)
- Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia: (Screams in agony) It burns!
- (Black Panther, Shuri and Mordecai's Crew approaching Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia with a nightsticks)
- Black Panther: Hands behind your backs, dudes!
- Princess Celestia: This cheese is so hot! You shouldn't know not to hit villains with hot pizzas. It isn't nice. (Grunts)
- (Black Panther, Shuri and Mordecai's Crew begins to beat Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia with the nightsticks)
- Cooper Daniels: Hey, stop resisting!
- Shining Armor: We're not! We can't even see!
- (Black Panther, Shuri and Mordecai's Crew whips out a tasers and uses it on Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia)
- Lucy Mann: Stop resisting!
- Princess Cadance: AAH! IT'S MAKING THE CHEESE HOTTER! (Groans)
- (Black Panther, Shuri and Mordecai's Crew continues to taser Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia until they passes out.)
- Mordecai: Finally!!!! This is your wedding gifts, beating you up. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
- (Turn down to show Ponyville Hospital; inside, Black Panther, Shuri/Black Panther and Mordecai's Crew are in the lobby, looking apologetically up at the camera.)
- Black Panther: So now you know why we had to do what we did. We all feel really bad, and hope that you’ll forgive us.
- Kai Green: Besides, it hurt us a lot more than it hurt you.
- (We see Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia beat up—and they certainly did a thorough job. Bandages, casts, crutches, and wheelchairs are present in abundance. Spike [Dragon] is in a full-body cast.)
- Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia: Well, now, we wouldn’t say that. (Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia, Black Panther, Shuri and Mordecai's Crew laugh; occasional moans of pain are heard as well.)
- (Then suddenly!)
- Doctor Strange: (walking out of a portal) Hey, guys, what we missed? Oh, hey, Celestia. Whoa. What happened to you, guys?
- Shining Armor: Doctor Strange. Black Panther and Mordecai's Crew beated us up. Their maniacs.
- Doctor Strange: Why would you guys do it?
- Mordecai: Because, we're gonna go berserk.
- Doctor Strange: Oh, really? What's that?
- Mordecai: Berserk means out of control with anger or excitement; wild or frenzied. Who is she?
- Twilight Sparkle: Are you the real Cadnace?
- Princess Cadance: Yes.
- Rarity: Then, who's that? Ow.
- ("Cadance" disposes her disguise and transforms into Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings)
- Queen Chrysalis: [the Queen, enraged, sheds her Cadence disguise in a dramatic fashion, revealing herself as a large bug-like horse creature about the same size as Celestia, a crooked horn, and hole-riddled legs; she laughs] It is I, Queen Chrysalis. I was the one who disguise as Princess Cadance. Also, I am hurt now.
- Mordecai: Of course you are.
- Black Panther: Guys, take Queen Chrysalis down now!
- Mordecai's Crew: Right!
- (Black Panther and Mordecai's Crew shoot Queen Chrysalis)
- Queen Chrysalis: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! (Black Panther, Shuri/Black Panther and Mordecai's Crew shoot her.) Ughh!
- (Queen Chrysalis chokes and dies as her blood spills out)
- (Rigby pulls gun out of nowhere)
- (Rigby shoot Queen Chrysalis in the head.)
- Mordecai: Whoa! Whoa! No! No! No! Rigby! Too far man.
- Rigby: Sorry. My bad.
- Rook Blonko: Rigby, this is the kids show!
- Mordecai: Please put down your weapon. You have twenty seconds to comply. Four... three... two... one... We are now authorized to use physical force!
- (Black Panther, Shuri/Black Panther and Mordecai's Crew opens fire and shreds Queen Chrysalis)
- (They shoot Queen Chrysalis together multiple times until she is a pile of ashes.)
- Rigby: Ooh. I think it moved.
- (They continue shooting)
- Jimmy Jones: Well, we did it.
- Twilight Sparkle: Wow. That was easy. Thanks.
- Mordecai: No problem.
- Rook Shar: Uh, guys?
- (Minuette, Lyra Heartstrings, and Twinkleshine arrives)
- Minuette, Lyra Heartstrings, and Twinkleshine: (Under Queen Chrysalis' spell) Surprise!
- Mordecai: Shall we?
- Amanda Highborn: Let it rip.
- Mordecai: Attack!
- (Cut to the Minuette, who screams. A flash cut pops up, as the Eunice punches Lyra Heartstrings in the cheek, Ester appearing behind her. Flash cut to Lucy Mann punching Twinkleshine, Minuette in the air, as Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Princess Celestia, all in shock. Cut to Applejack, who stares in horror. She watches a coin fly past her. Cut to Rainbow Dash, who shudders as a coin flies past her. Cut to Rarity.)
- Rarity: That is gotta hurt.
- (Gwen Tennyson leaps up past her, punching Twinkleshine in the air, Mane Six and Mordecai's Crew land next to Cut to Twilight Sparkle, who the Minuette and Gwen Tennyson land next to.)
- (Rook Blonko drags Minuette offscreen, as she leaves a wet trail.)
- Minuette: No-no-no-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
- (Hit flashes appear offscreen, as Troll Moko jumps in, wielding a chainsaw and running offscreen.)
- (Ben Tennyson leaps in, holding a flamethrower, running offscreen with it. Cut to Minuette, who lifts her face up from lying down.)
- Mordecai: Let's finish this!
- (Lucy Mann smacks Minuette a good one with it. We see Eunice, carrying the pickle jar. She smashes it over Lyra Heartrings’ head, then doubles back for another pass and punches her out. The last one standing is Twinkleshine; Mordecai's Crew, Black Panther and Shuri/Black Panther close in and nail her with a all-star combination. He tumbles to the ground in slow motion.)
- Troll Moko: Did we beat Minuette, Lyra Heartstrings and Twinkleshine up?
- Rook Blonko: Yes, we did.
- Doctor Strange: You've gotta stop doing this, guys!
- Black Panther: What do you mean?
- Doctor Strange: You got to stop beating them up!!!
- Mordecai: God, you're right. We gotta stop beating them up.
- Ben Tennyson: We can work with that.
- Dan Zembrovski: Agreed.
- Randy Cunningham: No kidding.
- Howard Weinerman: Doctor Strange, will you restore them to normal?
- Doctor Strange: You got it. (restores Royal Guards, Princess Cadance, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, Spike (Dragon), Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Princess Celestia, Minuete, Lyra Heartstrings and Twinkleshine to normal with The Time Stone)
- Twilight Sparkle: That's better. How did you guys beated up anyway?
- Mordecai: Yummy' Yums are chocolate candy bars from the purge planet. They contained in the past a substance known as Purgenol, which can make those that consume it aggressive and violent.
- Twilight Sparkle: Oh, okay. So Princess Celestia, how did you meet Black Panther and Doctor Strange?
- Princess Celestia: Oh well it's a long story. I was on Wakanda to see Black Panther's father, T'Chaka, the original Black Panther. I was his ally during the days.
- Twilight Sparkle: Really?
- Princess Celestia: Yeah. Me and T'Chaka fighting together. After T'Chaka died. I've met his son, T'Challa, the new Black Panther. Me and T'Challa working together to stop enemies from getting the Vibranium. After that. I've met Doctor Strange at the Sanctum Sanctorum. So me and Doctor Strange fighting together to battle Baron Mordo and Dormammu together with magic.
- Spike (Dinosaur): Wow. You guys have history together?
- Black Panther: Yep.
- Doctor Strange: We did.
- Princess Celestia: I have a picture to show you all.
- (Princess Celestia shows them a picture of Black Panther, Princess Celestia and Doctor Strange)
- Princess Cadance: Wow. You guys did have a history together.
- Princess Celestia: That's right.
- Mordecai: Say, Shining Armor, Princess Cadance, didn't you have old friends too?
- Shining Armor: Why, yes, Mordo, we did. My old friends are 8-bit and Gaffer, Gizmo (MLP), Cherry Fizzy and Spearhead since high school.
- Princess Cadance: My old friends are Lemony Gems and Diamond Rose since high school.
- Mordecai: That's why you didn't invite your old friends, 8-bit and Gaffer, Gizmo (MLP), Cherry Fizzy, Spearhead, Lemon Gems and Diamond Rose to your wedding?
- Shining Armor and Princess Cadance: No, we didn't. We totally forgot to invite to our wedding.
- Mordecai: Say, Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, don't you have old friends from the past?
- Twilight Sparkle: Yeah, you're right, Mordo. Our old friends are Lemon Hearts, Twinkleshine, Minuette and Moon Dancer.
- Applejack: Countess Coloratura.
- Fluttershy: Tree Hugger.
- Rainbow Dash: Glida.
- Mordecai: That's why your old friends weren't invited to Shining Armor and Princess Cadance's wedding didn't you?
- Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash: No, they didn't.
- Pinkie Pie: Gosh, Mordo, we didn't think about that.
- Twilight Sparkle: Say, Celestia, weren't you in love once?
- Princess Celestia: Hardly. His name is King Sombra. He was a good king.
- Twilight Sparkle: How did that happened?
- Princess Celestia: When King Sombra took over the Crystal Empire a thousand years ago but was banished into the frozen north. Before his banishment, King Sombra put a curse on the Crystal Empire which made it vanish into thin air.
- Shining Armor: Gosh, Celestia, we're so sorry.
- Princess Celestia: Oh, don't worry about it.
- Princess Cadance: It's he corrupted by evil?
- Princess Celestia: We're afraid so, Cadance.
- Fluttershy: Nobody tell us you were in love once?
- Princess Celestia: Yeah. That's why I didn't tell you about it.
- Rainbow Dash: Do you and Sombra had a history together?
- Princess Celestia: No... Oh, yeah, yeah, we did.
- Mordecai: What about everyone at Ponyville? They weren't invited are they?
- Princess Celestia: Hmm. You're right. We didn't think that through. Our bad.
- Black Panther: We're so sorry, everypony. We were just being mental. Can you all forgive us?
- Rarity: Of course, we can, heroes.
- Pinkie Pie: Yuppers!
- Applejack: Eeyup!
- Rainbow Dash: You bet.
- Fluutershy: Mm-hmm!
- Spike (Dinosaur): You can count on that!
- Shining Armor: We suppose.
- Mordecai: Good. And here, take this.
- (Mordecai's Crew throws a Orion-Kalashnikov Advanced Combat Rifles, M12 Shotgun, SIG SG 540, Mark VII Desert Eagle, Franchi SPAS-12 Shotgun, Mark XIX Desert Eagle and Guardian Angel Keyblade to Princess Cadance, Shining Armor, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Spike [Dragpn])
- Mordecai: It's a wedding gifts. Which is why you didn't got the wedding gifts for Princess Cadance and Shining Armor didn't you, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Spike (Dinosaur)?
- Rainbow Dash: No, we didn't, Mordo.
- Spike (Dragon): We didn't even think about that. You're right.
- Applejack: We forgot about the wedding gifts.
- Mordecai: Don't worry about it.
- Twilight Sparkle: Here, Cadance, Shining, this is for you.
- (Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy and Spike [Dinosaur] hands Princess Cadance and Shining Armor a M12 Shotgun, SIG SG 540, Mark VII Desert Eagle, Franchi SPAS-12 Shotgun, Mark XIX Desert Eagle and Guardian Angel Keyblade)
- Princess Cadance: Hmm.
- Shining Armor: For us?
- Twilight Sparkle: Yep. Say hello to the M12 Shotgun, SIG SG 540, Mark VII Desert Eagle, Franchi SPAS-12 Shotgun, Mark XIX Desert Eagle and Guardian Angel Keyblade. Their are your wedding gifts and weapons.
- Shining Armor: Wow. Thanks, guys.
- Rarity: You're welcome.
- Princess Celestia: Wow. You guys gave Princess Cadance and Shining Armor a M12 Shotgun, SIG SG 540, Mark VII Desert Eagle, Franchi SPAS-12 Shotgun, Mark XIX Desert Eagle and Guardian Angel Keyblade as a wedding gifts?
- Fluttershy: Yep.
- Princess Celestia: Oh, okay.
- Mordecai: Good. Here, Princess Celestia, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, this is for you.
- (Mordecai's Crew throws a Solarsaber, Harmony Sword and Keyblade of Harmony, Magicsaber, Honestysaber, Laughtersaber, Loyaltysaber, Generositysaber and Kindsaber to Princess Celestia, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy)
- Princess Celestia: What's this?
- Mordecai: The Solarsaber is an ancient Lightsaber made of solar energy that has a blade colored sunset yellow that resembles the shape of a real sword.
- Princess Celestia: Are you saying the Solarsaber is ancient?
- Mordecai: Yes.
- Princess Celestia: Oh, okay then.
- Mordecai: Let me tell you something about the Magicsaber, Honestysaber, Laughtersaber, Loyaltysaber, Generositysaber and Kindsaber. These Magicsaber, Honestysaber, Laughtersaber, Loyaltysaber, Generositysaber and Kindsaber are the Elements of Sabers. The Elements of Sabers. are six supernatural sabers representing subjective aspects of harmony. It's a blades is flattened and comes to a point like a traditional sword, rather than the rounded, conical blades of more standard lightsabers.
- Pinkie Pie: Wait, really?
- Mordecai: Yeah. It was similar to the Elements of Harmony. Maybe you could keep the Magicsaber, Honestysaber, Laughtersaber, Loyaltysaber, Generositysaber and Kindsaber. These Magicsaber, Honestysaber, Laughtersaber, Loyaltysaber, Generositysaber and Kindsaber are your new weapons.
- Fluttershy: That might work.
- Rainbow Dash: Come to think of that, we never tried those sabers before.
- Mordecai: Yep. Here we found something too.
- (Eunice and Mordecai throws a Crystal Heartsaber and Shieldsaber to Princess Cadance and Shining Armor)
- Shining Armor: What is it?
- Mordecai: It's a Crystal Heartsaber and Shieldsaber.
- Princess Cadance: Why?
- Eunice: Because it was similar to your cutie marks.
- Princess Cadance: Oh, okay.
- Mordecai: This Solarsaber, Crystal Heartsaber, Shieldsaber, Magicsaber, Honestysaber, Laughtersaber, Loyaltysaber, Generositysaber and Kindsaber. You will use it to fight evil and stop evil threats.
- Rainbow Dash: It’s about damn time.
- Mordecai: We must go now. We are going to our adventure.
- Princess Celestia: Be swift and be safe.
- Twilight Sparkle: You're leaving for good?
- Mordecai: Yeah.
- Applejack: Wait, leaving already?
- Mordecai: Indeed we are.
- Pinkie Pie: Do you have to?
- Rainbow Dash: Seriously?
- Rarity: You're leaving?
- Fluttershy: Gosh, Black Panther, Shuri/Black Panther, Mordecai's Crew. It's kinda sudden is it?
- Mordecai: Yeah, you and your friends take care now. Stay well.
- Twilight Sparkle: Yeah! Everyone... Take care! You guys... ...stay well too.
- (Black Panther, Shuri/Black Panther, Mordecai's Crew are leaving Ponyville Hospital)
- Pinkie Pie: Bye, guys! Boy, look at what Black Panther, Shuri/Black Panther, Mordecai's Crew gave us new weapons, M12 Shotgun, SIG SG 540, Mark VII Desert Eagle, Franchi SPAS-12 Shotgun, Mark XIX Desert Eagle, Guardian Angel Keyblade, Solarsaber, Crystal Heartsaber, Shieldsaber, Magicsaber, Honestysaber, Laughtersaber, Loyaltysaber, Generositysaber and Kindsaber.
- Applejack: Eeeeyup.
- (Mysterious Cloaked Villains arrives)
- Pinkie Pie: Oh, hello. Who are you?
- Mysterious Cloaked Villain: Just a mysterious persons. It's a message from your old friend, Black Panther, Princess Celestia.
- Princess Celestia: Really? What's it said?
- Mysterious Cloaked Villain 2: Well, it saids "You. Get the hell out of my life. I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'RE A PRINCESS. I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'RE MY OLD FRIEND!! GET OUT OF MY LIFE!!! NOW!!!"
- Princess Celestia: Really? He said that?
- Mysterious Cloaked Villain 3: Hang on. The message saids "Nope. Just kidding. It's a joke."
- Princess Celestia: Oh, right. A joke.
- Mysterious Cloaked Villain: Yep. Then, this is for you guys.
- Rarity: For us? What is it?
- Mysterious Cloaked Villain 4: You'll see.
- (Mysterious Cloaked Villains raises their gauntlets and snaps their fingers)
- (Mysterious Cloaked Villains notices the damages inflicted on the scorched Gauntlets)
- Pinkie Pie: Nothings happening.
- Fluttershy: We're look fine to us.
- Twilight Sparkle: What was that?
- Shining Armor: I don't know.
- Princess Cadance: [feeling her hoof turning into ash] Shining Armor.
- (Princess Cadance suddenly stumbles over, and collapses into ashes, much to Shining Armor's shock; Rainbow Dash watches Shining Armor mourning Princess Cadance's death. On the battlefield, Royal guards and wedding crowd disintegrate to ashes, much to Princess Luna's horror)
- Princess Luna: What is happening?
- (Princess Luna disintegrated into ashes)
- (At Apple Farm)
- Big Mcintosh: (while reaching for a fallen Okoye] Up, Granny. Up! This is no place to die. [he suddenly disintegrates into ashes and Granny Smith falls back on the ground, much to her anguish)
- Granny Smith: Big Mac...?!
- (Granny Smith disintegrated into ashes)
- (At Equestia)
- (People of Equestia disintegrate to ashes)
- (At Canterlot High)
- Wallflower Blush: I wanted to teach you a lesson by erasing your friends' good memories of you. But obviously that didn't work. But what if I erased all their memories of high school?
- Sunset Shimmer: You can't! You'd be stealing their memories of each other!
- Wallflower Blush: They'll think of each other the way you think of me! Which is not at all!
- Sunset Shimmer: [feels herself starting to disintegrate and doesn't want to die] Uh, oh.
- Wallflower Blush: Hey, what's a matter with you?
- Sunset Shimmer: I think I'm started to disintegrate.
- Equestria Girls: (Gasps)
- Sunset Shimmer: Save me, save me! I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, girls, please. Please, I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go... I'm sorry.
- (Sunset Shimmer disintegrates into ashes)
- Applejack (EG): What in tarnation is going on?
- Pinkie Pie (EG): Uh, girls, what's happening to us?
- Twilight Sparkle (EG): We think we're going to disintegrate.
- Flutterhsy (EG): [feeling her hand turning into ash] Uh, girls?
- (Fluttershy [EG] suddenly stumbles over, and collapses into ashes)
- Rainbow Dash (EG): Fluttershy (EG)? What's happening to you?
- Rarity (EG): (She begins to disintegrate) Twilight Darling. (slowly turns into ashes)
- Twilight Sparkle (EG): Oh, no. No. No!
- (Rarity [EG] disintegrate turns into ashes)
- Pinkie Pie (EG): (She started to disintegrated) What's is happening to them right now? Aw, poop. (turns into ashes)
- Rainbow Dash (EG): Applejack (EG)? I don't feel so good. (hugs Applejack [EG]) I don't know what's happening! (slowly begins to turn into ashes) I don't-. I don't want-! I don't want to go! Applejack (EG), please! Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!
- (Rainbow Dash [EG] disintegrate into ashes)
- Applejack (EG): Oh, crab apples. (disintegrated into ashes)
- Twilight Sparkle (EG): Girls, no. They can't be.
- (Twilight Sparkle [EG] disintegrating into ashes)
- Wallflower Blush: [feels herself starting to disintegrate and doesn't want to die] What?! No, no, no! No, not yet! I'm not ready! No, wait!
- (Wallflower Blush disintegrate to ashes)
- (At Hallway)
- (Students and Staff of Canterlot High disintegrate to ashes)
- Principal Celestia: Hey, Luna, what happened to the students and the staff?
- Vice Principal Luna: I have no idea. (Sees her hand to disintegrated) Uh, Celestia, look at my hand. I think I'm gonna disintegrated.
- (Vice Principal Luna disintegrate to ashes)
- Principal Celestia: Luna? When did you got disintegrated?
- (Suddenly, Principal Celestia started to disintegrate into ashes too)
- (At Equestia City)
- (People of Equestia City gets disintegrated to ashes)
- (At Power Plant)
- Homer: Mr. Burns, I don't feel so good.
- Mr. Burns: I don't care if it IS the end of the world or your disintegrating! Get you butt to work!
- Smithers: Mr Burns, I don’t feel so good...
- (At Springfield)
- Ned: hello doodly neighbor
- Thanos: *snap*
- Ned: I Dont feel so diddly doodly... fades
- (At Ponyville Hospital)
- Rarity: (resting on the floor; slowly disintegrating, to Spike [Dinosaur]) Spike (Dinosaur).
- Spike (Dinosaur): [as Rarity starts slowly to corrode into ashes, much to Spike's horror] No.... No. No. No. No! Rarity... no.
- Fluttershy: Something... is... happening. [she gets killed into ashes]
- Rainbow Dash: [to Shining Armor; her right hoof and lower-half of her body slowly turns to ashes] Shining...?
- (Rainbow Dash gets disintegrated next as Shining Armor stares in horror)
- Princess Celestia: Steady, Shining Armor.
- Shining Armor: Aw, man.
- (Shining Armor also gets disintegrated into ashes)
- Pinkie Pie: [calmly turns to Princess Celestia] Princess, there was no other way. [she finally gets erased]
- Twilight Sparkle: [feels herself starting to disintegrate and doesn't want to die] Princess Celestia? I don't feel so good...
- Princess Celestia: [trying to be calm] You're all right.
- Twilight Sparkle: [stumbling] I don't know what's – I don't know what's happening. I don't – [Twilight Sparkle falls into Princess Celestia's hoofs, clutching him tight and crying] Save me, save me! I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, Princess Celestia, please. Please, I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go... I'm sorry.
- (Twilight Sparkle disintegrates into ashes in Princess Celestia's hoofs)
- Princess Celestia: (She begins to disintegrate) I feel that this is my fault... (turns into ashes)
- Applejack: What is this? What the hell is happening?
- (Applejack gets disintegrated into ashes)
- Minuette: What was that?
- Lyra Heartstrings: I don't know.
- (Minuette, Lyra Heartstrings and Twinkleshine begins to disintegrate into ashes)
- (People of Rest of the Dimensions and Home Planets started to disintegrated into ashes)
- ????: Finally, we all finished disintegrated the rest of the dimensions. They didn't understand. Everybody are done for. Thanks us the Power Coalition. Our quest for vengeance is over.
- (They walked away)
- Chestnut: (Narrating) The new enemies from the World of the Powerless. Their are the Power Coalition. They wiped out the half of everyone in the universe had just started. This is only the beginning. The near fear, no, the way of revenge had just begun.